Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great info ronfi! Like you, with sync 3 I would be content with google maps and android auto. The only time it might be an issue is when you are in an area without cellular service. Wouldn't it be nice though if you could just plug in the A7 card and get nav?
Thanks! And sure would be, but as I found out Sync 3 no longer supports SD cards, it sees them in the diagnostics but doesn't let you do anything with them. It uses the maps directly from the nav module :( I will update the thread when I get my Apple CarPlay usb hub! Or when I get to figuring out if you could stuff MFT into a non MFT car

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have also figured out how to turn off the super annoying shift light on the manual transmission (I've been driving manual for 10 years, I know when to shift, Fiesta :mad: )

I also do believe Sync 3 made my Sony audio system sound a LOT better, not sure how that happened. Possibly a much better built in amp, but I don't really actually know so should really not speculate.

If anyone needs any info or the values that need changing, I'm documenting everything and can provide.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I've done a little digging and I personally see no way to retrofit the Sync 2 into cars with regular sync as it's not just the dimensions are all different and it wouldn't even fit in the same slot, but you would also have to slice the plug up and I can't guarantee that it would work even then. Would need wire diagrams to even wire up the MFT's plug. Here's some pics:

Back of MFT looks like this:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I converted sync 1 to sync 3 on my Fiesta 2015. But with sync 3 ACM the audio does not come out with the car running. When I turn the key off, the audio is played. When I turn on the car key, the audio disappears. Does anyone know what may be happening? With placing the sync 1 ACM in the sync 3 system the audio plays normal, but the volume knob and the Bluetooth connections do catch. All other buttons work. I'm from Brazil. Thank you very much.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts