Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sync voice recognition, at least for my iPod is absolutely horrible, I have to say things 5 or 6 times just to get anywheres close to what I want. Heck half the time it can't even tell when I say "artist". I suspect it has to be something about my voice but I'm wondering if there are some tricks to modulating what I say that might help?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it just the iPod that its having problems, or is it everything else as well (like phone)?
Seems to be worse with the iPod but I've had some problems with the phone as well. Seems to be worse with understanding my pronunciation of names, even ones I think are simple. I'm from the northwest so it can't be an accent thing so I'm not sure what else it could be.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just a thought based on a recent experience with my friend's cell phone...

My friend called me earlier this week and his voice sounded muffled, like his head was wrapped in a towel. After I notified him that I could barely hear him he decided to take his phone to a repair shop to see if they could find a problem. They did. It turned out the microphone had a coating of dirt on it, causing the poor performance.

Is there any way to check and see if the microphone for the SYNC system is "clean"? Could a bad microphone be the cause of some of the voice recognition problems some people seem to be having?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Someone on here mentioned that the seats raise and lower, so I tried raising mine because the factory setting makes me feel like I'm driving in the missionary position.

Ever since I raised the seat, my face is closer to the mike and she understands me better. She and I still fundamentally disagree on how to pronounce Paramore (she calls them Paramoray), but when I tell her to call people, she gets it right far more often now.

I also have to turn my head towards her so I'm speaking more in her direction, which means when I get mad it's like yelling at someone in the seat next to me, and I take my eyes off the road. I am convinced we are all going to die Sync-related deaths eventually. But that's a rant for another time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I also have to turn my head towards her so I'm speaking more in her direction, which means when I get mad it's like yelling at someone in the seat next to me, and I take my eyes off the road. I am convinced we are all going to die Sync-related deaths eventually. But that's a rant for another time.
The mic is on the ceiling to the right if the driver side sunshade. You may already know this, but it didn't sound like it from the above quote

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sync voice recognition, at least for my iPod is absolutely horrible, I have to say things 5 or 6 times just to get anywheres close to what I want. Heck half the time it can't even tell when I say "artist". I suspect it has to be something about my voice but I'm wondering if there are some tricks to modulating what I say that might help?
Talk slow, make sure the windows are rolled up (traffic noise/wind noise affects it) and speak crisply!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Buy her some wine and ask her politely. Say "Please play artist Britney Spears" and don't forget to say "thank you". When your car is safely turned off (when she's not around) look in the manual and see if there is a guy voice option so you can talk naturally like your with the guys "Play Metallica, you douche".
Maybe just raising the seat or directing speech toward the mike may work better. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts