Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say I absolutely love SYNC! The ability to call up any song track, playlist, artist, or genre from my iPod is really great.

Last weekend I went to google maps to look at a house my family rented for the weekend in Stinson Beach. I knew that SYNC could get me there, but I wanted to get a feel for where it was. There was a link on the web page to send to SYNC. The next day when I got into my Fiesta to start the drive, I connected to Services and was offered directions to that point. Nice!

In the Fiesta owners manual there is a SYNC option to turn on Guidance Display for "late availability" cars. My car doesn't seem to have that option. I do have a moonroof, and that is considered a "late availability" option. I was wondering if anyone else has this feature, and if anybody knows if it will be available to us as an upgrade.

One thing I don't like is the result of turning off voice guidance. I was cruising through the woods on my way to the beach and SYNC was constantly interrupting my music telling me what to do next so I turned off voice guidance. To my surprise, the music was still interrupted just as much, but for the tones only!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for the write-up! I am hoping SYNC lives up to its potential as far as controlling music selections. I have already transferred my favorite songs to a memory stick and can't wait to plug it into the USB port of the Fiesta.

As for the other benefits of SYNC, I may try the SYNC directions once or twice, but I can't let go of my Garmin Nuvi.

·
Registered
642 Posts
SYNC Directions questionable

I tried the SYNC Directions for the first time recently. I chose a location I knew where I was going and was going to challenge the directions as I went. Initially on this specific trip, I was surprised at the proposed directions it was providing because it was actually taking me away from the intended destination by a few miles (I only had a 6 mile trip).

After providing the name of city and state, I said the name of the business and it immediately recognized the name by repeating it and then stating the address; this was impressive. I confirmed the location and then it spent about 15 to 20 sec. downloading the directions.

As you approach a necessary turn, it will advise of impending turn at a 1/4 mile out, at 200 ft, and then right before (this was a little annoying). As soon as I strayed from the SYNC route (to follow my known route), it advised me that I had strayed and wanted to know if I wanted to cancel the directions or recompute a new route based on my location. I instructed SYNC to recompute and download which it did in about 15 - 20 sec. This time, the route was more accurate (matching my intended route) but it still got goofed up right at the destination; instead of taking a direct left into the parking lot from the street I was on, it had me going around the block like it only wanted to do right hand turns?

Ultimately, SYNC would have gotten me to my destination but with how many extra miles?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Try the traffic feature. Go into SYNC website and put in your home address, work address, etc. You can also get automatic text pages for traffic from pt X to Pt Y at a given time everyday.

It's not perfect, driving in PA the other day in a slow construction zone so I called and asked for traffic to Pittsburgh - no delays, traffic is light with a drive time of 50 mins - yea right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts