Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using a USB flash drive. When I use the voice commands "Play artist" or "Play album" it plays the first song and then repeats it. If I use the track skip button to skip to the next track it plays the next track and repeats it.

So basically Sync will play the same song over and over unless I physically make it go to the next track.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm using a USB flash drive. When I use the voice commands "Play artist" or "Play album" it plays the first song and then repeats it. If I use the track skip button to skip to the next track it plays the next track and repeats it.

So basically Sync will play the same song over and over unless I physically make it go to the next track.
This is happening to me too. It's annoying. First I thought I had duplicated the songs. Mine is connected to iPod nano. So I guess it's a bug or something.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I just found something at the Sync site. It's possible that Repeat got turned on and you have to say "Repeat Off" to turn it off.

I just checked. You can also find it using the menus, under Media settings.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Okay, I just found something at the Sync site. It's possible that Repeat got turned on and you have to say "Repeat Off" to turn it off.

I just checked. You can also find it using the menus, under Media settings.
Ok thanks for the tip. I'll look into that too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting the hang of Sync. I just realized you can say individual tracks. Pretty cool. But it seems like when that track is finished, instead of continuing on with that album it goes to a random track.

I have some really crummy music I need to delete.
How the heck did India Arie get into my collection? :)

I'm not ready to turn off all the prompts yet, but do you know if it's possible to just turn off that initial announcement about "Phone is detected...911 blah blah" ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm getting the hang of Sync. I just realized you can say individual tracks. Pretty cool. But it seems like when that track is finished, instead of continuing on with that album it goes to a random track.

I'm not ready to turn off all the prompts yet, but do you know if it's possible to just turn off that initial announcement about "Phone is detected...911 blah blah" ?
It's just doing what you told it - "play track cold hard bitch" (fun to ask "what's playing" with that one BTW). Next time tell it to "play Artist Jet" , might want to add "Shuffle On" as SYNC overrides IPOD settings.

Think you are stuck w/ that until you change to reduced prompts. Doesn't turn off all prompts but does get rid of the commands restated all the time.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm just really bad at using SYNC, or if it's glitchy. Last night I got my first call while I was in the car, and sync wouldn't pick it up. It went to "private mode" and I had to talk on the handset. Dumb. Not sure if that will happen again.

My phone book won't upload to Sync, either, because the phone isn't compatible with that feature. The syncmyride site makes mention a few times that you can "add contacts" directly to sync, but fails to ever explain how. Has anyone found out how to do that? My project this evening when the sun sets and it's less hot is to try to figure that out.

Also, on syncmyride.com, virtually every page I try to visit tells me "This steering wheel and radio combination is not currently supported". So the net effect is that I can only successfully "Dial" a number and "Play" a playlist or All. I can't make anything else work.

But at least when I call a number (just 10-digit dialing, since no documentation exists in the world explaining how to add contacts manually), it works great. It's much nicer than bluetooths that sound like crap. So there's that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My phone book won't upload to Sync, either, because the phone isn't compatible with that feature.
Go into phone menu and then settings & keep looking until you find auto upload phone book or something like that. from then on should be able to use the call whoever command.

Don't know about the steering wheel support thing as I don't have my vehicle yet. as long as you have left & right arrows to scroll through menus and "OK" to select it should work.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Sync...just another gadget that distracts from your first task at hand...driving.

:p

BTW is there anyway to "reboot" it.? There must be.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It's just doing what you told it - "play track cold hard bitch" (fun to ask "what's playing" with that one BTW). Next time tell it to "play Artist Jet" , might want to add "Shuffle On" as SYNC overrides IPOD settings.

Think you are stuck w/ that until you change to reduced prompts. Doesn't turn off all prompts but does get rid of the commands restated all the time.
I think we need to have a contest to see who can get the Sync lady to say the most outlandish thing. Contestants should then upload their recordings of her to YouTube where we can all vote. :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think we need to have a contest to see who can get the Sync lady to say the most outlandish thing. Contestants should then upload their recordings of her to YouTube where we can all vote. :D
should I record her saying "Stick The ****ing Flag Up Your Goddamn Ass, You Sonofabitch"? Every time that song plays, I ask her a few times "what's playing?" :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
should I record her saying "Stick The ****ing Flag Up Your Goddamn Ass, You Sonofabitch"? Every time that song plays, I ask her a few times "what's playing?" :D
That's a good start.;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also, on syncmyride.com, virtually every page I try to visit tells me "This steering wheel and radio combination is not currently supported". So the net effect is that I can only successfully "Dial" a number and "Play" a playlist or All. I can't make anything else work..
I ran into the same problem but if you go to the site and don't login you can peruse documentation for like a Focus with Sync. The buttons are in different places but most of the menu prompts are the same. That was how I managed to get it to let me run the sync version checker utility on it. It's kind of a PITA but I guess they will eventually get around to updating the documentation for the fiesta.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My phone book won't upload to Sync, either, because the phone isn't compatible with that feature. The syncmyride site makes mention a few times that you can "add contacts" directly to sync, but fails to ever explain how. Has anyone found out how to do that?
Not all phones and features are compatibale with SYNC but you can add contacts manually by going to to phone menu and then select add contacts and then go to phone and send to SYNC from your phonebook. Some phones will let you do this as a group others will only do it one at a time which can take a lot of time but you only have to do it once unless you change phones. I am atually going to get a new phone when I get the Fiesta based on the list on SYNCmyride.com so I can have all the features available.
Oh Just so Golf knows this can only be done while the car is not moving.

I also saw someone say something about the limit for SYNC for the number of songs that SYNC can handle and the limit is 10000 songs and then you only lose the ability to say " Play Track " the play artist,album,genre,playlist all still work. Also if you say play track with less than 10000 songs then that is what it will do,play that track only.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've been told by the Chief Engineer on Sync that Apple iPod has a design flaw which causes Sync to lose its place and keeps playing the same song over and over.

I find (to overcome this) that telling Sync to play the same song "it keeps playing" then foward to the next song will reset the system properly and will play all the next songs properly (until you turn off the vehicle again):(.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts