Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New fiesta owner here. I've had my 2013 fiesta se for about three months now. Most of that time has been uneventful. Until yesterday. Was out, running errands, and when I got back in my car, my sync system had completely stopped functioning. Voice command button on the steering wheel and the phone button on my dash are nonresponsive, and when I press the aux button, it switches for only a split second, then goes back to radio.

I can't perform a master reset, I've already tried pulling the fuse, and it hasn't changed anything. I'm not entirely comfortable with disconnecting the battery as I've never had to do so.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Odd. I've had similar porblems, but every time I pull the fuse and replace, it resets and is good to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: sync randomly started working normally while I was on my way to work this afternoon. Just in case, I went ahead and performed a master reset as well 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sync 1.0 does that periodically. Like every couple of months or so.. Really annoying, but the very last update seemed to make it less often. Still happens though. Sometimes a master reset is available. Sometimes it's so frozen you can't even get there. It usually goes back to normal the next time you drive it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New fiesta owner here. I've had my 2013 fiesta se for about three months now. Most of that time has been uneventful. Until yesterday. Was out, running errands, and when I got back in my car, my sync system had completely stopped functioning. Voice command button on the steering wheel and the phone button on my dash are nonresponsive, and when I press the aux button, it switches for only a split second, then goes back to radio.

I can't perform a master reset, I've already tried pulling the fuse, and it hasn't changed anything. I'm not entirely comfortable with disconnecting the battery as I've never had to do so.

Any other suggestions?
I have a 2013 as well. This would happen everyone once and a while. I would have to pull the fuse for sync. What I did to stop the problem was to buy an external bluetooth receiver, plug that into the aux port, and then my phone just connects to the external receiver. That makes it so I never have to push the sync button or manually put it to bluetooth.
Another tidbit to know is that the sync engineers have stated that back then they made AUX default in the software, which is why we have to change it to bluetooth every single time we turn the car on. And for some reason it's using sync's voice command is what triggers this freeze. I haven't had one freeze since using an external bluetooth receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts