Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had their SYNC Rebate swapped from the ordered car that hadn't shown up to a stock unit that was on the dealers lot. If you did was there any delay from the dealers side having to get the swap approved. I am asking this because my dealer has a car that is identical to the one that I ordered that I can buy. The only thing is when they called the Rebate center they said that the swap had to be submitted by the Local Ford Rep and could take a couple weeks for approval. I would think that this would be just a matter of a phone call and not make a customer who has been waiting wait even longer.

·
Banned
528 Posts
I would email Sam

I was wondering if anyone had their SYNC Rebate swapped from the ordered car that hadn't shown up to a stock unit that was on the dealers lot. If you did was there any delay from the dealers side having to get the swap approved. I am asking this because my dealer has a car that is identical to the one that I ordered that I can buy. The only thing is when they called the Rebate center they said that the swap had to be submitted by the Local Ford Rep and could take a couple weeks for approval. I would think that this would be just a matter of a phone call and not make a customer who has been waiting wait even longer.
Seriously, I would Email Sam.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seriously, I would Email Sam.
I already did and I gave him the dealership,salesman and my phone numbers and the dealers fax number. I just hope this gets handled and I could have A Fiesta by this weekend. I would just like to know if others got this done so if they decline it that I could have something to question why others got it done.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, my rebate was swapped to the stock unit I bought. The dealer did it without me asking him to do it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I asked this question to Matt a while ago... I received two responses, i'll paste them in the order I received them:

1st:
Hey Benny,

I just checked with our incentives department, and unfortunately, we would not be able to extend the $595 Sync incentive to you on a dealer stock vehicle. I apologize, I wish I had better news for you.
2nd:
Hey Benny,

After doing a little more research on this, I found out that you MAY be able to do that, but your dealership will have to submit a request. If the dealership has questions, have them contact me directly at 1-800-301-8348 M-F 11:30-8pm EST. Ask for Matthew.

Thanks! Sorry about the confusion.
So, have them submit a request and call him if they have any questions.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked this question to Matt a while ago... I received two responses, i'll paste them in the order I received them:

1st:

2nd:

So, have them submit a request and call him if they have any questions.
Yeah I called and talked to Matt while I was at the dealership and He doesn't have the authority to make the rebate swap and said the same thing about having to submit a request to have it done to the local rep.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer got the ok to swap the SYNC rebate to the stock unit so I will pickup the car tonight.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Dealer got the ok to swap the SYNC rebate to the stock unit so I will pickup the car tonight.
Congrats, That's Great!

Looking forward to reading your mod tutorials ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's awesome news, we know you've been waiting a while, congrats!! Looking forward to seeing what you are going to mod with the car!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LM Tech, Did you pick up your car yet?
No my car is still in Mexico but I have My New Fiesta from dealer stock. I got home with it about 10;00 last night. I am looking forward to this weekend so I can have some fun driving it instead of just commuting with it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very cool! I am glad that the dealership was willing to work with you on that.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very cool! I am glad that the dealership was willing to work with you on that.
My dealer always was willing to work with me its was just they wanted to make sure that the rebate swap was oked by Ford before giving it to me so that they weren't left holding the 595.00 bag when they weren't the ones responsible for my car still being in Mexico.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts