Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Forum Moderation support:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Tapatalk for BlackBerry - FREE

Tapatalk for BlackBerry is currently in public beta testing. You can download it using OTA (Over-The-Air) method by entering Download Tapatalk for BlackBerry in the BlackBerry Browser.

http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php#blackberryTapatalk for Nokia - FREE

Tapatalk for Nokia supports all S60 3rd and 5th Edition devices, that covers almost all the Nokia medium to high-end model!

Download Now at:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm using it right now, cool!

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, consider this a beta test. Please post any particular issue you might run across while using the app. Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thank you so much for doing this! Now I just have to figure out how to get a cell signal in certain areas so I can check it more often.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I personally haven't been able to use the app much yet. But, I'll see if I experience the same thing. If so, I'll check their tech support forums to see if it's a known bug, and/or there is any remedy for that.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I used it this morning to view the forum. I was on an overnight trip and just returned home a few minutes ago. The app makes interacting with the forum on my iPod Touch much easier. You can actually read all the text and click on the links that were too tiny in the hand held browser version. I did not have the trouble some have posted about not marking threads as read. Seems to work good, but takes some getting used to (to find things). I found my way around it after a few minute though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the android system and it did not mark the posts as read

·
Registered
343 Posts
it wasn't remembering "read" because it expects you to read all of the posts that you missed - sometimes this means it loads page 3 of a thread instead of page 4, you have to click "next page" in those cases... once you comply with that it will remember you've read it - i suppose that's a good feature ;)

some other things i've noticed that I don't really like:

• it doesn't display people's signatures
  • it doesn't display names when there is a quote... this is rather aweful!
  • it doesn't show or let you interact with polls
It is quite nice though, i just wish it was a bit more feature rich... I'd like to use my phone exclusively to view the forum cause it is more handy but i miss out in some important stuff.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do I like Tapatalk? Parts of it, yes.

For the most part I like using Tapatalk to access the forum on my iPod Touch. It's a lot faster than viewing FF as a website. Like someone else mentioned, if a post is quoted, I wish it showed you who the quoted post was from. I also wish the signatures showed up.

What I don't like about it is this, if you click on a link in someone's post that takes you away from the forum to another site, you then have to go back to Tapatalk and log back into the forum. It doesn't remember that you were just there. And what I really don't like is that if you've already read through several threads containing new posts and you exit the forum via a link in a post, Tapatalk doesn't remember the threads you've read through and will show that all those threads have the same new posts again. Even if you log in, read through a couple of posts, get out of Tapatalk and then right back in, the same posts you've just read will show as being new again.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The iPhone version has been working really well for me. I'm impressed!

·
Registered
343 Posts
It frequently forgets that I want to use tapatalk for this forum - I've had to find the forum 4 times so far... :(

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We've updated the plugin to the latest version which addresses some speed and reliability issues.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Still not really usable w/ BlackBerry beta 9

We've updated the plugin to the latest version which addresses some speed and reliability issues.
I think it crashes the BlackBerry beta 9 even more than before (on a Curve, anyway). Looked for an updated version of the BB client, nothing yet. Browsing the forum with Opera isn't that bad, and no crashes, so back to that when mobile for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Downloaded to my blackberry bold 9650 6.0. Finally I can get onto the forums when im away from home!

- Mike

1 - 20 of 34 Posts