Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to remove the SES logo when my car comes in. I've heard several of you say you use floss to do this. Is it as simple as running the floss behind the logo and popping it off?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Melt the glue with a blow dryer and get to flossing. Get some Goo Gone Automotive Spec (so it doesn't eat away at your clear coat) for any residue glue and you're golden.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I'd like to remove the SES logo when my car comes in. I've heard several of you say you use floss to do this. Is it as simple as running the floss behind the logo and popping it off?
I removed my "SES" badge using dental floss to separate the adhesive from the hatch. Then I wiped off the remaining goo with WD-40

·
Registered
893 Posts
Heat Gun with a flat head screw driver works fastest, then use some goo gone to remove the remaining adhesive. Job done in less than five minutes.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Use the floss as explained on the first reply, it works fine, will get it off fast and you're not using something that can potentially damage your paint.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies :)

how hot do you have to get it? will a standard blow dryer work?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Fishing line, and then used my hands to pull off the glue. I did not need to use heat, the SES was barely on the car. A little adheasive remove and wax removed whatever was left of the glue. Don't use a screwdriver as I have seen many people try that and end up with a scratched decklid.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You don't even need to heat it up and can skip the heat gun completely. You'll just have to work a little harder with goo gone to remove the adhesive that remains.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks again :D

guess I'll go with no heat and either floss or fishing line.

The first thing I did when my wife's car was delivered was remove the dealer sticker while the dealer was showing my wife the interior of the car - which was as simple as removing a piece of scotch tape. I then handed it to him :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Fishing line, and then used my hands to pull off the glue. I did not need to use heat, the SES was barely on the car. A little adheasive remove and wax removed whatever was left of the glue. Don't use a screwdriver as I have seen many people try that and end up with a scratched decklid.

That's because idiots dig too deep with the flat head rather than use it with barely any effort to just pop it off using the heat gun. Heat Guns won't damage the paint because you simply use them for a few seconds in conjunction with the screw driver to pop them off. If you're damaging your paint you're putting it in one spot too long as in more than a second.

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks again :D

guess I'll go with no heat and either floss or fishing line.

The first thing I did when my wife's car was delivered was remove the dealer sticker while the dealer was showing my wife the interior of the car - which was as simple as removing a piece of scotch tape. I then handed it to him :)
hehe - we usually have discounts for people who come in with the sticker and/or front license plate for service work... might want to keep that in mind. If you're an advertisement (either in word of mouth or by driving a car with their name on the back of it) then they're likely to cut you a break or treat you like a friend instead of the "only bought it from you because you were $25 cheaper than the other guy" kind of guy. Just FYI

edit: you said you pulled it off in one piece... I've seen some good looking dealer stickers and i've seen some really really really ugly ones. There's even a few places around town that use an aluminum little nameplate still like was popular in the 70's and 80's. Some of them can be so dramatically ugly or large that I'll be like "hey that's a sweet looking ca... OMG THAT STICKER IS HUGE!"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Melt the glue with a blow dryer and get to flossing. Get some Goo Gone Automotive Spec (so it doesn't eat away at your clear coat) for any residue glue and you're golden.
Yo, Chan. Off topic, but is that a Luke quote in your signature?!

Thanks for all these tips as well guys. I'm gonna pop off some badges tomorrow

·
Registered
513 Posts
I removed mine back when the temp was almost 100 degrees. The emblems came off using my fingernails. I removed the residue that was left with a bottle of bug & tar cleaner I had laying around.

·
Registered
135 Posts
On my jeep I used floss & a hair dryer, worked good.

Got lazy with the fiesta and used just adhesive remover (3m). Sprayed it on like crazy. Letters came off just by pulling them with my hand. Huge mess getting that adhesive stuff off, wasn't really adhesive. It was like using goo-gone on partially removed sticker.

I think a little bit of soapy water and a microfiber finished it off good, once the 3m stuff turned the adhesive into boogers :p

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Not to threadjack, but would anyone who removed their logo be willing to donate it to me?

Thanks,
I would be willing to trade my Fiesta "SES" emblem for an "SVT" emblem.

·
Registered
502 Posts
or a big red "R"? :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts