Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an awesome Saturday - because I test drove a Fiesta SES hatch today! WOOT!

Needless to say, the Fiesta did NOT disappoint - it was awesome in every way and I was 175% stoked about this little car and making it mine soon. The only mild bummers to me so far is the lack of an armrest and that the seats don’t fold flat :D

BUT, what did harsh my mellow was the $2K dealer markup on the window sticker AND the crappy attitude that was free of charge from the salesmen when inquiring about it. :eek:

I have cash ready to go for the car, and am not looking to do hardcore haggling. It just seems a shame to have Ford’s billboards, PR machine and the experience of the car itself crash and burn this way – and the car is still on their lot, not in front of my house.

Yup - MSRP is only the “suggested” price, and obviously, me and my cash can and will go elsewhere.

My question is, anyone have any idea of how long the dealer markup thing will last? Wondering if I would still have to deal with this in November?

Also, any good Northern California dealership referrals?? I’m def willing to drive a bit far to get treated fairly!

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Good for you! Vote with your wallet. Don't pay a penny over sticker for a Fiesta. Hope you find the car you want at a fair price.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Do NOT pay more than MSRP! I sent out emails to the dealers in my area and got plenty willing to start at MSRP. I got them to come down (via pitting them against each other) from $18865 (MSRP) to $18125 (lower then Truecar.com "best price" for the model I want). As said, vote with your wallet! :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
You didn't happen to make a picture of the sticker? In any case, you should mail to Sam, the Fiesta Brand Manager, because Ford isn't too happy about these practices.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Man, that is just wrong! :mad: With all the problems Ford has had launching the Fiesta here in the U.S., you'd think the Big Brass at Ford would be on top of this to discourage any "mark-up" (aka "price-gouging") at the dealership-level.

We're picking our SES up next week, and so help me if I see any monkey business whatsoever on the window sticker we're not gonna be signing the paperwork.

Harry :mad:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I stopped by the dealer closest to me here north of Seattle yesterday to look since they just got 3 Fiestas in. Their markup is $2995. Of course their Mustangs have a $8995 markup. Not that I would ever do any business with them anyway.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Anybody that pays the markup price is either completly dumb or too lazy to shop around. It isn't like the dealer is trying to hide the fact that they are marking it up when they put a sticker on the window that is clearly showing that they are and by how much.
The sad thing is they are only hurting themselves. That car will be sitting on their lot longer and they lost someone that would have bought it sooner and told their freinds about the car and the dealer.
That is the dealers descision and they will have to live with that and I guess they are willing to do that to themselves.

·
Registered
316 Posts
A few post on this and have pointed out before you can find them under invoice. Paying $100 under invoice and then at least a $500 incentive, so I'll be $600 under invoice. True...some dealers are acting like 100's of people are knocking on their door ready to buy at any price they want and it would be the same at all other dealers. I asked him where were these people??? Because I didn't see anyone else when I was there. He had no answer. I told those dealers if that was the case then I was more then willing to wait and hell, maybe even buy something other then a Ford, but it was not.

Found a dealer willing to deal without playing some stupid ass game with me. I had to drive 150ish miles out of my way instead of buying from the huge Ford dealer within a mile of my home, but those guys like to live in a fantasy world where customers are dumb enough to belive the stories they make up without following up on it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I stopped by the dealer closest to me here north of Seattle yesterday to look since they just got 3 Fiestas in. Their markup is $2995. Of course their Mustangs have a $8995 markup. Not that I would ever do any business with them anyway.
Oops! Didn't seem right, so I just went back and looked again. It's not $2995, it's $4995!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Do you know anyone that works for Ford? Do you work for an employer that is part of the Ford Partner Program (even Universities count, you'd be surprised)?

If so, you could ask for a Ford X-Plan PIN, which is a non-negotiable pricing plan. So if you could get one of those and find a dealer, you wouldn't have any haggling problems.

But absent an X-Plan PIN, you could always look for those dealers that don't pay on commission. Also, check the BBB rankings before you go - it's actually a good way to judge the dealer before you make the drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had an awesome Saturday - because I test drove a Fiesta SES hatch today! WOOT!

Needless to say, the Fiesta did NOT disappoint - it was awesome in every way and I was 175% stoked about this little car and making it mine soon. The only mild bummers to me so far is the lack of an armrest and that the seats don’t fold flat :D

BUT, what did harsh my mellow was the $2K dealer markup on the window sticker AND the crappy attitude that was free of charge from the salesmen when inquiring about it. :eek:

I have cash ready to go for the car, and am not looking to do hardcore haggling. It just seems a shame to have Ford’s billboards, PR machine and the experience of the car itself crash and burn this way – and the car is still on their lot, not in front of my house.

Yup - MSRP is only the “suggested” price, and obviously, me and my cash can and will go elsewhere.

My question is, anyone have any idea of how long the dealer markup thing will last? Wondering if I would still have to deal with this in November?

Also, any good Northern California dealership referrals?? I’m def willing to drive a bit far to get treated fairly!
Type in alternative in the search box on this forum and choose posts, there are some ideas for alternative ways to get an X plan pin number.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just go to a different dealer. There were plenty of dealerships in Dallas with no dealer markup, I'm sure you could find one where you live.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mass email to all your local dealers are the way to go. Saves time and money.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts

Greed hasn't gone anywhere I see...but then again the fact that they think some sheep are so stupid that they would actually pay that is just amazing...

"Greed is Good" I guess those clowns at the dealers believe that Michael Douglas stated in "Wall Street"....

Stealerships have certainly earned their horrible rep and continue to do so.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You didn't happen to make a picture of the sticker? In any case, you should mail to Sam, the Fiesta Brand Manager, because Ford isn't too happy about these practices.
From my experiences, dealerships can charge any price they want for a car.

I wanted a Mustang GT a few years back. Called around to some dealerships, and found that the prices were about the same.

Then, I called one dealership, and they had slapped a $6,000 premium price on it. I contacted Ford, and they basically told me, that dealerships can set their own prices, since the dealerships are independantly owned and operated.

But, of course, you should still email Sam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for taking the time to pass along your experience and feedback! Lots of great info!!

The good news for me for now is how sweet the car is and what a fun ride it was. Definitely worth the patience and due dilgence on my part :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
That auction ran for 3 days before it was prematurely ended--instead of the planned week.
Apparently someone (Sam?) contacted the dealership to have it ended. Look at the price of that thing - $24,500!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
That auction ran for 3 days before it was prematurely ended--instead of the planned week.
Apparently someone (Sam?) contacted the dealership to have it ended. Look at the price of that thing - $24,500!
Then again, a Canadian SES hatchback with tax can go well past that...$23,379 MSRP + taxes can push a bill past $26K CDN.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts