Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard these were out there, but this one is weird.

Yesterday, Monday, August 9th, I opened my mail to find a letter from Ford. It's dated August 3rd, from Kenneth M. Czubay, Vice President, U.S. Marketing, Sales, and Service. The letter says "We are disappointed you don't have yours yet." and "Please accept a $50 MasterCard card... ...for your patience...". It explains the storms that disrupted supply routes and that my card will be coming in "the next few days" and my car is coming soon, too.

Here's the rub.... I got my Fiesta 3 weeks ago!! Joke's on them. lol:D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

Yesterday, Monday, August 9th, I opened my mail to find a letter from Ford. It's dated August 3rd, from Kenneth M. Czubay, Vice President, U.S. Marketing, Sales, and Service. The letter says "We are disappointed you don't have yours yet." and "Please accept a $50 MasterCard card... ...for your patience...". It explains the storms that disrupted supply routes and that my card will be coming in "the next few days" and my car is coming soon, too.

So you get $50 and your car came a week or two before mine. Ford just keeps screwing it up.

·
Banned
528 Posts
I got a similar letter....

Mine said "we know you now have your Fiesta" but go out and maybe get your oil changed, buy some Fiesta Accessories or just buy a tank of gas....you could go a long way on $50."

From the same guy....came yesterday.

·
Registered
49 Posts
got the letter and wondered why the bothered to send a letter about it, just send the dang card!

letter said, "we know you don't have your fiesta" even though i already have a fiesta, just not my pre order. my preordered one just shipped so I'm glad i ditched it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine said "we know you now have your Fiesta" but go out and maybe get your oil changed, buy some Fiesta Accessories or just buy a tank of gas....you could go a long way on $50."

From the same guy....came yesterday.
I haven't received anything and I know you took delivery before I did. Guess I irritated someone too much...:)

Maybe they sent one but my USPS mail has been messed up for months...not receiving mail that should have been delivered...really missing my long-time mail carrier who retired last winter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got one too stating that they knew I already got my fiesta but they were sorry for the long wait. I wasn't expecting one either so I was surprised.

I got a gas gift card at work for winning a photography contest... so between that, the full tank of gas I got when I picked up my fiesta on July 13th, filling up the tank once using my gas gift card (still some left on it!), and now this $50 card it's going to be at least two months before I've had to pay any money out of pocket to fill up my fiesta. :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got the same letter too even though I've had my Fiesta since July 7.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I suspect that the card will come in a plain envelope for security reasons and thus they are sending this letter to let you know to open it and not toss it in the trash with the junk mail.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just got the card today in the mail.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wonder how much this all cost?

I also recieved a letter last week. I have had my Fiesta for awhile now. I wont turn the money down. I will order some molded splash guards from Ford accessories. They made the whole process more complicated and ticked off more people than it ever needed to be. If they had told early adopters that they were limiting what they could order early and tell them they could trade the early build car for the exact one they wanted later. It would have FIXED 90% of the S*#T, expense and emotional turmoil that both Ford and the buyers went through. AND that traded early Fiesta could have been cleaned up and used by the dealer as their demo' for everyone else and then sold for a profit! I would have signed up for a deal like that in a second! All the people who just could not bring themselves to buy/lease a Fiesta that was not exactly what they dreamed of would have known that the line formed that away> and they could have felt free to stand in it and wait. Patiently. For the exact Fiesta of their dreams. Just think of the possibilities though! Ford could have produced early Fiesta's in regional specific and or nonstock shades! And then maybe, when the Dealers were done with the unique early cars they could have donated them to be autioned to benefit local charities! This would have generated HUGE, Massive positive P.R. for Ford and their Dealers! The value of THAT kind of press in these tough times for non-profits and community based charities would have put some seroius smack down on the Obama B.S. line about how profit is bad and large corporations dont care ! I have always been a loyal Ford customer. Ford motor company and it's people are some of the best people in this country. I dont need or want the Money, but im not proud. I'll take it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I
Maybe they sent one but my USPS mail has been messed up for months...not receiving mail that should have been delivered...really missing my long-time mail carrier who retired last winter.
My carrier(s) have been mixing up mail in our neighborhood for a couple of years now. If I am expecting something important I have to look in the boxes on either side & across the street from us. As well as hand deliver other people's mail. It's a good thing we are all on a friendly basis!

I also have received the letter but not the card.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Apparently the cards are being delivered by the same shipping operation as the cars themselves.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Got my card in the mail this past weekend. It comes like an unsolicited credit card which shows a credit limit of $50! What happens after you spend the $50 or inadvertently go over the $50.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts