Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys long time no post but this is something that I need to get answered quick.

So I am having the spastic idle issue that apparently plagues the fiestas. I have found out that the issue lies with the TPS sensor built into the Throttle Body. I already eliminated that the problem lies with the MAF and have taken it to a Dealer to have them check everything too and the recommended change is the throttle body.

I have found a couple of fixes to the problem online and need some advice on which to go with for the cheapest fix since I am now on a limited budget.

Fix number 1 was to replace and put on a new connector to the throttle body housing. (Obviously the cheapest fix but dont know if this is the true issue or not yet.)

Fix number 2 comes from just replacing the TPS side of the throttle body as it just holds the chipset and connections for power. Now I dont know if anyone knows where to get just the TPS side of the housing or not and if you do please let me know. Part number 7S7G-9F991-B7A S1JWA. As some places say this can fix the issue by replacing just this part.

The third fix is to re-program the throttle body from Ford. This fix supposedly works great but the "problem" according to Ford will come back since you essentially just put a band-aid on the issue.

And the last fix is to actually just replace the whole throttle body and have a tech relearn the car to the new throttle body.

Apparently this is a very big known issue with these cars and yet there is no recall or anything for these faulty tps sensors in these things. My fiesta has 96k miles on it yes but I have driven many vehicles in the high 100'sk miles that have original tps sensors.

Now as for the throttle body I have found some on Ebay brand new oem ones for around $344 USD. From Ford directly its over $577. Does anyone know a cheaper place by chance or anything to help a guy out?

Anything would be appreciated.

*Edit* Oh forgot to ask what the difference is between the BE8Z-9E926-C and the BE8Z-9E926-B was. I have seen some places claim the C replaced the B. And if so is this Fords fix to the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys long time no post but this is something that I need to get answered quick.

So I am having the spastic idle issue that apparently plagues the fiestas. I have found out that the issue lies with the TPS sensor built into the Throttle Body. I already eliminated that the problem lies with the MAF and have taken it to a Dealer to have them check everything too and the recommended change is the throttle body.

I have found a couple of fixes to the problem online and need some advice on which to go with for the cheapest fix since I am now on a limited budget.

Fix number 1 was to replace and put on a new connector to the throttle body housing. (Obviously the cheapest fix but dont know if this is the true issue or not yet.)

Fix number 2 comes from just replacing the TPS side of the throttle body as it just holds the chipset and connections for power. Now I dont know if anyone knows where to get just the TPS side of the housing or not and if you do please let me know. Part number 7S7G-9F991-B7A S1JWA. As some places say this can fix the issue by replacing just this part.

The third fix is to re-program the throttle body from Ford. This fix supposedly works great but the "problem" according to Ford will come back since you essentially just put a band-aid on the issue.

And the last fix is to actually just replace the whole throttle body and have a tech relearn the car to the new throttle body.

Apparently this is a very big known issue with these cars and yet there is no recall or anything for these faulty tps sensors in these things. My fiesta has 96k miles on it yes but I have driven many vehicles in the high 100'sk miles that have original tps sensors.

Now as for the throttle body I have found some on Ebay brand new oem ones for around $344 USD. From Ford directly its over $577. Does anyone know a cheaper place by chance or anything to help a guy out?

Anything would be appreciated.

Edit Oh forgot to ask what the difference is between the BE8Z-9E926-C and the BE8Z-9E926-B was. I have seen some places claim the C replaced the B. And if so is this Fords fix to the problem?

I know I'm starting an old thread, but I'd like to go ahead and say that the new throttle body number, for a 2013 fiesta se, is 7S7Z-9E926-A and now $103.66 off fordpartsgiant.com
If you are wondering why I changed it, it is because I got hit with the P0068 code and have replaced the intake to TB tube and MAF sensor. Hope this helps whomever comes across this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts