Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, my little 1.0L is nearing its 150K mile timing belt service. Because of this, I've been getting part prices and such. I'm actually a little taken aback honestly at how much work is involved. I've done timing belt changes on toyotas (easy) and vws (harder) but this 1.0 is going to be a pain in the arse. Getting the front cover back on without having any leaks and the loosening/tightening of the crank pulley bolt are two areas of concern. ( Actually the cost of the specialty tools for the crank pulley bolt ) I can get the sst kit on Amazon for ~ $90 but the torque multiplier for the crank pulley bolt is another matter entirely.

Has anyone on here changed their timing belt or had it changed yet? If you did it yourself where did you source the special service tools?

I did find this video on youtube which shows some of the process:

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
I have not changed mine as I’m only at 73k. I watched the video. The crank bolt removal looked fun. Also a bit concerned with cleaning the gasket material off the block with the oil pan open catching all the debris; he should have covered it. Would have been great if he showed a close up of the belt and any wear spots.

When I get to 150k I am considering just swapping out the motor for a low mile used one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replaced the head gasket on mine. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I purchased the flywheel holder and made my own cam holder and tdc peg... its a hassle for sure.

The pulley came loose with a breaker bar pretty easily. The torque spec is 52 lbft and 450 degrees. I just made it as tight as i could within reason with a 3 foot breaker bar...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just replaced the head gasket on mine. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I purchased the flywheel holder and made my own cam holder and tdc peg... its a hassle for sure.

The pulley came loose with a breaker bar pretty easily. The torque spec is 52 lbft and 450 degrees. I just made it as tight as i could within reason with a 3 foot breaker bar...
Thanks for the info and offering help. I may need it!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts