Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battle with Ford is just beginning not sure if I'm going to win on this one.

It is 2014 and there is no recommendation in the owner's manual for a time interval just every 150 thousand miles.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Engine had a super easy life all highway miles and full synthetic Mobil 1 oil changes every 10,000 miles.

Engine is obviously toast with valves hitting pistons.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts
You might be one of the first with an early belt failure. I always thought these belts were good for 10yrs 150,000 miles. What part of the country do you live? I wonder if climate or oil type played a role.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be one of the first with an early belt failure. I always thought these belts were good for 10yrs 150,000 miles. What part of the country do you live? I wonder if climate or oil type played a role.
Do you have any documentation on the early belt failure anything would help!

I live in North Dakota so yes we do get -30 below ambient.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The battle with Ford is just beginning not sure if I'm going to win on this one.

It is 2014 and there is no recommendation in the owner's manual for a time interval just every 150 thousand miles.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Engine had a super easy life all highway miles and full synthetic Mobil 1 oil changes every 10,000 miles.

Engine is obviously toast with valves hitting pistons.

I have 180,000 miles on mine. Getting the timing belt and factory clutch replaced next week, but the car runs well. Clutch is still holding good but it chatters when I take off first time every morning.

Only time I’ve experienced early timing belt failure was with an Elantra the first year they came out, but I drove that car hard.

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 180,000 miles on mine. Getting the timing belt and factory clutch replaced next week, but the car runs well. Clutch is still holding good but it chatters when I take off first time every morning.

Only time I’ve experienced early timing belt failure was with an Elantra the first year they came out, but I drove that car hard.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
What's the cost to replace the belt? My dealer says 13 hours labor!

·
Registered
116 Posts
What's the cost to replace the belt? My dealer says 13 hours labor!

$1450 for clutch and timing belt. Guy I’m using used to be a Ford tech.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

·
Registered
16 Posts

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
180,000 miles is a lot for a timing belt, but it's good to know it can take a beating. Is yours a 1.6 or a 1.0 Ecoboost?
My 2012 5 spd has 134K miles and I'll replace it before it hits 140K.
I used to have a 2011 and replaced that one at 80K. Maybe I was overcautious back then, but it definitely helped having that receipt on my service history when I sold it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dean72

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never did get anywhere with Ford, but I did get a car lift. I've never pulled a motor so figured I'd learn.

Used 1.0 are too expensive and I don't trust this motor anymore, so I'm buying a totaled 1.6 fiesta and swapping the panels over.

I'll take this motor apart for fun when my son gets older.

Does anybody know if the trans is the same bolt pattern as the 1.6?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Interesting route you are taking. Basically bought a totaled car with a 1.6 and are going to rebuild with parts from your car? Are the cars the same color? Does the 1.6 car have a salvage title? Seems like a lot of time and money to work around replacing the 1.0. Also thought you are the orig owner of your 1.0 car.

LKQ has complete low mile 1.0’s for around $1k. There’s many of them as the Ecosport uses same.

Oh and are you planning to swap the tranny too? Bolt pattern is the same however gear ratios are very different

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting route you are taking. Basically bought a totaled car with a 1.6 and are going to rebuild with parts from your car? Are the cars the same color? Does the 1.6 car have a salvage title? Seems like a lot of time and money to work around replacing the 1.0. Also thought you are the orig owner of your 1.0 car.

LKQ has complete low mile 1.0’s for around $1k. There’s many of them as the Ecosport uses same.

Oh and are you planning to swap the tranny too? Bolt pattern is the same however gear ratios are very different
I can swap the front clip in under a day. I'm done with the 1.0 they're ticking time bombs, closest I saw was 87k miles for $1500. Not worth it when the car is rusting out and I can make 2 cars out of the front & Rear.

Ideally will find same color. I'll sell the trans on ebay.

Yes original owner...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can swap the front clip in under a day. I'm done with the 1.0 they're ticking time bombs, closest I saw was 87k miles for $1500. Not worth it when the car is rusting out and I can make 2 cars out of the front & Rear.

Ideally will find same color. I'll sell the trans on ebay.

Yes original owner...
How much are you selling the trans for? How many miles on the trans? Where are you located?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much are you selling the trans for? How many miles on the trans? Where are you located?
Just looking at completed ebay sales, it is probably worth 450-650, but there's fees so I'd love to get 400 for it plus shipping.

107k, 95% highway so not alot of shifts on it. A bit of the typical reverse lock-out everyone seems to have, but never did it if shifted in 2nd first.

Fargo nd.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just looking at completed ebay sales, it is probably worth 450-650, but there's fees so I'd love to get 400 for it plus shipping.

107k, 95% highway so not alot of shifts on it. A bit of the typical reverse lock-out everyone seems to have, but never did it if shifted in 2nd first.

Fargo nd.

Ok. The reverse lock out issue? I am not aware of that. Please inform me of that.

I am in Virginia.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok. The reverse lock out issue? I am not aware of that. Please inform me of that.

I am in Virginia.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts