Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battle with Ford is just beginning not sure if I'm going to win on this one.

It is 2014 and there is no recommendation in the owner's manual for a time interval just every 150 thousand miles.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Engine had a super easy life all highway miles and full synthetic Mobil 1 oil changes every 10,000 miles.

Engine is obviously toast with valves hitting pistons.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
You might be one of the first with an early belt failure. I always thought these belts were good for 10yrs 150,000 miles. What part of the country do you live? I wonder if climate or oil type played a role.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be one of the first with an early belt failure. I always thought these belts were good for 10yrs 150,000 miles. What part of the country do you live? I wonder if climate or oil type played a role.
Do you have any documentation on the early belt failure anything would help!

I live in North Dakota so yes we do get -30 below ambient.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The battle with Ford is just beginning not sure if I'm going to win on this one.

It is 2014 and there is no recommendation in the owner's manual for a time interval just every 150 thousand miles.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Engine had a super easy life all highway miles and full synthetic Mobil 1 oil changes every 10,000 miles.

Engine is obviously toast with valves hitting pistons.

I have 180,000 miles on mine. Getting the timing belt and factory clutch replaced next week, but the car runs well. Clutch is still holding good but it chatters when I take off first time every morning.

Only time I’ve experienced early timing belt failure was with an Elantra the first year they came out, but I drove that car hard.

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 180,000 miles on mine. Getting the timing belt and factory clutch replaced next week, but the car runs well. Clutch is still holding good but it chatters when I take off first time every morning.

Only time I’ve experienced early timing belt failure was with an Elantra the first year they came out, but I drove that car hard.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
What's the cost to replace the belt? My dealer says 13 hours labor!

·
Registered
29 Posts
What's the cost to replace the belt? My dealer says 13 hours labor!

$1450 for clutch and timing belt. Guy I’m using used to be a Ford tech.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

·
Registered
9 Posts

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
180,000 miles is a lot for a timing belt, but it's good to know it can take a beating. Is yours a 1.6 or a 1.0 Ecoboost?
My 2012 5 spd has 134K miles and I'll replace it before it hits 140K.
I used to have a 2011 and replaced that one at 80K. Maybe I was overcautious back then, but it definitely helped having that receipt on my service history when I sold it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts