Fiesta Faction banner

Tire size?

7K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  BRGT350 
#1 ·
Anyone know what the tire size is on the Fiesta Hatch with the 15" aluminum wheels that come with the Sport Appearance Package (Rapid Spec - 202A).?

Thanks

#2 ·
S sedan 15-in steel with 6-spoke cover, P185/65R15 BSW
SE 15-in 8-spoke aluminum alloy, P195/60R15 BSW
SEL sedan 16-in premium painted aluminum alloy, P195/50R16 BSW
SES hatchback 16-in premium painted aluminum alloy, P195/50R16 BSW

#3 ·
Thanks BRGT350. I have to see if my P5's winter tires will fit on those rims. Don't remember off hand what profile I'm running. If they will fit, I'll order some 16" rims and tires for the summer.

#4 ·
I am going to use the stock 16" wheels for winter and buy a new set of winter shoes for them. My wife decided that the tires are a needed expense so that won't have to come from my racing/modifying budget. My summer wheels are custom 17" ones from Axis with some kind of 205/40 17 tire. I am not sure what tire I am going to use yet. The wheels have 215/45's on them now, but I will sell those with my Focus since they are too big for the Fiesta. The car sits way too high on those tires, so I am going to change them for something different. Still wondering what to do with the TPMS sensors.

#7 ·
black electrical tape,...2nd most useful tape next to Duct Tape. ;) I suspect it will show up on the multi function LCD panel at the center of the dash.

Back to the tires; My P5's winter tires are 195/65's so they should fit the Fiesta rims fine. Pessimistic speedo being the only hitch.

#8 ·
This is a list of all tires sizes and the pressures that should be run in them the first set of pressures is normal loads and the second set of numbers is for fully loaded. This is the tire size listed for European models which is why there is a 14 wheel listed.
All engines 175/65 R14 F (31) R (26) F (35) R (46)
All engines 195/50 R15 F (31) R (26) F (35) R (46)
All engines 195/45 R16 F (31) R (26) F (35) R (46)
All engines 205/40 R17 F (31) R (26) F (35) R (41)
All engines 195/60 R15 F (31) R (31) F (35) R (38)

#12 ·
the Fiesta will use a TPMS sensor mounted on the valve stem, behind the rim of the tire. The whole TPMS thing really messes up my winter/summer tire deal and I consider the system stupid. It means more people won't use proper tires for conditions. This is an issue in the snowy climates were I see snow tires becoming more common on cars. We have TPMS on our Escape, and the only time the light triggers is when the sensor goes silly. I wish there was a more cost effective way to employ the system for people who use multiple sets of wheels and tires. Currently, it is very pricey. Last time I checked, the sensors would cost just about the same as summer tires, not including the programming cost. Each time I swap between seasons, it is another trip to get it reprogrammed, or buy a programmer.

#15 ·
#20 ·
Yes if you put aftermarket wheels on that don't have the TPMS sensors then the low tire pressure light or warning will just stay on. However if the Fiesta uses the TPMS sensor style that is part of the valve stem all you need to program that style is a circle magnet that has a whole in the middle that will go over the valve stem.I use one that is found in transmission panels that collect metal in the trans pan but you can find them at stores I am sure. To put the system in program mode you cycle the key 3 times within 10 seconds and after the third time leave the key on and press and release the brake pedal,the horn will beep and the message center will say program LF wheel. You then take the magnet and put it on the LF valve stem and wait till the horn beeps again and then put the magnet on the RF,RR,LR in order and wait for horn to beep on each wheel before moving to the next. After all wheels have been programed the message center should say programming complete. If they use the band type sensors then the program steps are the same except it uses a special programming tool instead of a simple magnet.

#14 ·
Already discussed with people in the know, and you can't undo the TPMS system since it is mandated by the feds. Discussed a track programmer that can be plugged in to defeat traction, stabality, and TPMS for track use only. Feds would not like the idea of turning the system off.

#16 ·
I know it is a federal mandate that cars be built with this system. But what does the mandate say about end user modication? I don't know the wording of the law, but I know people who did not replace their airbags after an accident and of course you don't have to drive a mile to see someone who is missing their 5 mile per hour bumper.

#21 ·
That just shows that there are complete idiots out there. Especially if they were the ones involved in the accident and the air bags saved them from getting hurt or killed. If theses same idiots sold the car without air bags that were operational and someone else gets into an accident and gets hurt or killed then the person that sold the car and/or made the air bag system unsafe is liable for any injuries or deaths. So if you know these people and want to save them from a possible big lawsuit then I would warn them of what their stupidity could cost them and suggest that do anything needed to avoid this both for the person that has the car now and for their own health and wealth.

#22 ·
This is also why we need to have better Motor Vehicle Regulation laws. Inspections in every state and it should be mandatory like in the MOT. You can't get your yearly tag without the inspection. I'm due up for my personal inspection I do myself to make sure everything is in order.

#24 ·
Yep, that is what I thinking as well. I get a bigger footprint, extra sidewall for rim protection, same overall diameter, and more tire options. The bad thing is the tires are much more expensive in that size compared to 205/40 17, extra rotational mass, and the taller height will slow acceleration. For daily use, I think those draw backs are not enough to deter me from the 215/40 17.

#25 ·
I'm thinking about either using my Momos or my Motegi TrakLites on the Fiesta. The TrakLite tire/wheel combination is 10 lbs lighter per corner than the Momos, and a 215/45/16 is the same diameter as the 195/50/16 as well. I am sure that light weight would help the feel of the car immensely!

Of course I would need to paint the TrakLites again. lol

#26 ·
I think with 120hp, wheel weight is going to be an issue with the Fiesta. The factory 16" wheels and tires are insanely light! I should toss them on the scale and weigh them for hoots and hollars. I would bet three Fiesta wheels and tires are still lighter than one of my Mustang Cobra R wheels with the Hoosiers. When I get my Axis wheels back from painting, I will weigh them without tires as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.