Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found some instructions on how to track your car if you have the ETTX number (the rail car number).

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it, enjoy your updated status report.

If anyone is curious, this is what an ETTX car looks like:
ETTX Car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks a TON for this! Unfortunately my car is somewhere I couldn't really understand on the automated system. Nodolles Senora or something. I took that to mean "stuck in Mexico". Still sucks, but I do like being able to check on it and get an actual answer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, assuming I can actually get a rail car number I plan to use this to.

Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just found some instructions on how to track your car if you have the ETTX number (the rail car number).

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it, enjoy your updated status report.

If anyone is curious, this is what an ETTX car looks like:
ETTX Car
Thank you so much for posting this! Finally found my Fiesta and the dealer verified with Accurate they received her this morning. Now to get her to the dealer which may not happen until Monday. At least it's close...

·
Registered
324 Posts
How are you guys getting the rail car numbers?

·
Registered
413 Posts
How are you guys getting the rail car numbers?
Once they are put on the railcars the railcar numbers will show on the Vehicle Visibility report.

In my case I had 2 railcar numbers so I used the second one when I called CSX.

·
Registered
77 Posts
how do I get the rail car number?

Thanks for sharing the tracking info! That would be abundantly helpful if I had a rail car number. I had a rail car number three weeks ago, but a few days ago my car was unloaded from the rail car and put back in to "Waiting for inspection" status. :(

I'm really bummed that I could go buy a Fiesta today if I hadn't pre-ordered one and paid a deposit. I thought that the pre-order also meant "before available to the general public". I feel ripped off, but at least I got to test drive it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Thanks for posting how to track (pun intended):D my rail car.

Reserved: Jan. 20

Ordered: Mar. 22

Scheduled: May 19

Built: May 27

Shipped: June 15

On Mexican border: July 1,

Today July 9, Rail car is empty and "in storage" on July 8.

The railcar is storage in Oklahoma City, OK on July 8. I hope it was unloaded in Minneapolis and not Oklahoma City. My dealer is less than an hour from Minneapolis.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks! Looks like my car is in Tucson, Arizona at the moment (or at least was at 4am).
Ok now I'm confused as today's report shows that the car is in Lordstown, NM which shows very slow progress and what appears to be the wrong way to get to Seattle. Wonder if the dealer gave me the wrong car number or if the are somehow routing it through Santa Fe and Salt Lake City rather than up the coast?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm really bummed that I could go buy a Fiesta today if I hadn't pre-ordered one and paid a deposit. I thought that the pre-order also meant "before available to the general public". I feel ripped off, but at least I got to test drive it.
I have reached that point, too, and so I took some advice buried deep in this thread somewhere to request a Ford Fiesta brochure by mail and hope that a printed "private" offer for $750 off comes with it. It only applies if you take a car from dealer's stock, giving up the one you ordered. But since the one I ordered is STILL in Mexico, and the dealer's stock cars might actually be on trains, I'm getting ready to make the jump. My dealer searched his system and found that at some point (god knows when) I signed up to be on a mailing list for the Ford Mustang and now I'm on their "private offer" list. So I qualify for $750 off the Fiesta (it isn't model-specific) instead of the $595 offered if you reserved.

I'm currently trying to find out if a particular Fiesta he's got coming as stock is on a train yet. If it is, then I'm going to dump the silver manual I reserved and switch my deposit over to the stock car. It means I can't call the reservation number anymore, but I think I'd gain more than I'd lose. Namely, an actual car at a better discount.

Eta: the original tip was here.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ok now I'm confused as today's report shows that the car is in Lordstown, NM which shows very slow progress and what appears to be the wrong way to get to Seattle. Wonder if the dealer gave me the wrong car number or if the are somehow routing it through Santa Fe and Salt Lake City rather than up the coast?
It gets stranger, now the rail car is in Texas headed for Ft Worth. Wonder if the dealer got the car number wrong or if all west-coast Fiestas are being routed through Kansas City?

While I'm at it I'm wondering why the rail car is making just a couple of hundred miles progress a day. Do we really have such a third-world train system?

·
Registered
260 Posts
It gets stranger, now the rail car is in Texas headed for Ft Worth. Wonder if the dealer got the car number wrong or if all west-coast Fiestas are being routed through Kansas City?
I just wish the cars slated for the Kansas City area would make it to Kansas City!
:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

While I'm at it I'm wondering why the rail car is making just a couple of hundred miles progress a day. Do we really have such a third-world train system?
These trains are probably hauling more than just vehicles, so they may need to make frequent stops in order to drop off or pick up rail cars from many stations. That could also explain the non-linear way they travel.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

Yes our rail system is third-world.

A couple of weeks ago my Fiesta was on ETTX860073, today my dealer looked it up and it's on ETTX802517 in Illinois.

Built May 27, ready to tell Ford to keep the car:eek:

Dan
65 Corvair convertible

·
Registered
57 Posts
Okay now that I finally have an ETTX # (and it is out of Mexico) I am getting some good use out of this. Since last evening I have been able to track it along the way at various points in AZ and then now into NM. Thanks again for posting how to track this.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have reached that point, too, and so I took some advice buried deep in this thread somewhere to request a Ford Fiesta brochure by mail and hope that a printed "private" offer for $750 off comes with it. It only applies if you take a car from dealer's stock, giving up the one you ordered. But since the one I ordered is STILL in Mexico, and the dealer's stock cars might actually be on trains, I'm getting ready to make the jump. My dealer searched his system and found that at some point (god knows when) I signed up to be on a mailing list for the Ford Mustang and now I'm on their "private offer" list. So I qualify for $750 off the Fiesta (it isn't model-specific) instead of the $595 offered if you reserved.

I'm currently trying to find out if a particular Fiesta he's got coming as stock is on a train yet. If it is, then I'm going to dump the silver manual I reserved and switch my deposit over to the stock car. It means I can't call the reservation number anymore, but I think I'd gain more than I'd lose. Namely, an actual car at a better discount.

Eta: the original tip was here.
Have the dealer double check to see if you can use it. They can do that in their systems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just checked on the FerroMex web site, it looks like my car may be on the move, as of 14 July it has "intercambio entregado" under events in Nogales which translates to "given exchange", according to the handy Spanish translator. I'm hoping that means it crossed the border into the US of A ;)!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts