Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Early this year I replaced the clutch in my car with a Spec Stage 1. I had no issues aside from a persistent grinding in reverse. A few months later I got the flywheel turned and a new clutch slave assembly, hoping the flywheel would solve the issue. Unfortunately it did not, however when putting the car back together, I now have the ABS light and the traction control light on the dash. It also shows no hill start assist on the center console when I start the car. Could this be from a sensor not getting plugged in all the way? I have disconnected the battery a couple times, and that has not reset it. I have no other issues driving, no problems with brakes. Could it be something bigger?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey all,

Early this year I replaced the clutch in my car with a Spec Stage 1. I had no issues aside from a persistent grinding in reverse. A few months later I got the flywheel turned and a new clutch slave assembly, hoping the flywheel would solve the issue. Unfortunately it did not, however when putting the car back together, I now have the ABS light and the traction control light on the dash. It also shows no hill start assist on the center console when I start the car. Could this be from a sensor not getting plugged in all the way? I have disconnected the battery a couple times, and that has not reset it. I have no other issues driving, no problems with brakes. Could it be something bigger?
Have you found the culprit of your issue. It happened to me when I replaced a front wheel bearing. Turned out it was a cheap one and it didn't come with ABS magnetic strip so the car had and ABS open circuit. TCS and Hill Assist are also controlled by the ABS system so anywhere from wheel bearings, ABS speed sensor or ABS pump could be causing this issue

2012 Fiesta SE Sedan, Ingot Silver, 5 spd, 203A with a leather wrapped wheel swap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly haven't looked into trying to actually fix it yet, but when we did the repair we had to pull the whole drivers side axle out to get the transmission out. I wasn't sure if maybe it was put back in incorrectly (no noises, vibrations, drives smoothly), or if maybe a sensor plug wasn't put back in correctly or tightly enough?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts