Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 SE Hatchback
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I start my car I will hear this weird clicking sound coming from the dashboard. All the information that can be reset in the trip odometer gets reset when the car starts. I know almost nothing about something like this. I don't really want to take the car to the dealer to get it looked at if I don't have to. I was curious if anyone here had any ideas.

Last year I had a similar problem with the odometer but it was only because it was extremely cold outside (-10 F or lower). So far winter this year has been very warm so I don't think its the same issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Clicking from behind the dash is typically the HVAC blend door. The gears strip casing the clicking sound. It is a common failure. Many good YouTube vids on it

·
Registered
2016 SE Hatchback
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Would that explain why twice now I've left the defrost on but when the car started air was coming out of the regular vents?

Would the HVAC blend door be related to the odometer mpg statistics resetting?

·
Registered
2016 SE Hatchback
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over the past week my car has been having difficulty starting and today nearly everything on the dash is blinking and there is a lot of clicking noises when attempting to start the car. There is also a message about traction control being disabled or enabled on the SYNC display screen. I'm guessing either my battery has crapped the bed or I have some bad connections. Is it likely this all related? I will try to check the battery. Not sure I can currently afford to take the car into the dealer (especially if it needs to be towed there) Any ideas? Luckily my father has a car I can use in the interim.

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Did you check battery voltage?

·
Registered
2016 SE Hatchback
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We jumped the car and got the message Transmission Failure Service Now. The car is now essentially stuck in neutral (its in park but you can move it). We did not check the voltage. I tried checking the fuse for the transmission but I couldn't really tell if it was blown or not. Looks like I'm just gonna have to tow the car to the dealer.

·
Registered
2016 SE Hatchback
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this went better than expected. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the battery and replaced the TCM. Car runs/starts like it should. I never got extended warranty so that was my biggest concern but it turns out the TCM was still covered. Overall cost me $190 but that is far lower than I expected. Next time if I hear weird clicking noises ill make sure to get my battery checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts