Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the only car for our Young family of 4. Admittedly I'm no expert but I am fairly mechanically inclined to so point. Cars running great, driving carefully always. At 95,000 miles I replaced the water pump,( never overheated) but upon the first attempt to start it I realized it somehow it jumped out of time i assumed since it wouldnt start. I decided to pay a garage to help fix my mess. They claim it needs all new valves (intake& exhaust) ,headgasket , timing belt/tensioner, head bolts, serpentine belt, ECT for a chance the fiesta will start again. I replaced the water pump by following exactly every instruction in the HAYNES manual. So on the very first attempt to start our car after the install 1 twist (not more 2 cranks) I stopped immediately. So after 1600$ I get our car back. I get home Noticing now there's a check engine light, 6 codes all p0340. I clear them thinking they was old. Drive a short block and the code reappears. Garage owner says its common after jumping time he takes our car to "fix" it. I was assured replacing the camshaft senscors was gonna remedy the problem. I replaced both camshaft sensors. Still throws the code, the car runs but its struggles to start. It has a noticeable loss of power. I need any help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use Forscan and completely reset the PATS and reset all adaptations. P03r0 is actually referring to the connection between the camshaft position sensor and the PCM. I'd suggest having another mechanic thoroughly look over the harness to make sure there are no unhappy insulation accidents or ground faults.

It's also possible you received a defective sensor :^)

edit: you didn't specify whether or not your mechanic replaced your valves and gaskets. Running out of time can and will destroy your engine beyond repair.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Might be in limp mode for loss of power. after all that work from the shop and the car is at 95k, esp if theres been no accidents and well taken care of (including scheduled maintenance) I'd be raising hell with the shop that they didnt finish the damn job! Sounds like such a huge headache, sorry to hear, but good luck with it, hope it gets sorted out and back on the road

1 - 3 of 3 Posts