Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls?

I'm new on your forum from the uk! I have a 09 reg fiesta zetec-s 1.6.

Not sure if you guys over the pond have this model or not so thought I'd upload sum pics !!

Let me know what u guys think !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add this one ! Best view in my opinion

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thoughts on the UK Car ...

Well, since I'm in the midst of Fiesta Research and Learning, here are my thoughts:

1) your car looks GREAT! Where can I get one like that?! Oh wait, never mind ...

2) you can see what we get here in the US by shopping the Build & Price tool at this site:
2011 Ford Fiesta Car | Great MPG. Cool Tech. Fun to Drive. | FordVehicles.com

3) Where can I get those wheels?

4) love the Body Kit & Rear Spoiler. Pics of your car just reinforces my desire to get that on mine.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the last week or so they have launched the zetec s 150 ! Yes that means 150bhp at the wheels in a car the size of a fiesta !!

Wish I'd have known I would have waited !!

Thanks for the nice comments !!

Loving this little car ! May get a mountune 150bhp upgrade working out if it's worth all the cash !!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome Frowie. Is the cluster bezel on your car black or is that just the lighting in the picture ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey guys/girls?

I'm new on your forum from the uk! I have a 09 reg fiesta zetec-s 1.6.

Not sure if you guys over the pond have this model or not so thought I'd upload sum pics !!
Nice car! Nope, no 3-door for us on this side of the Atlantic. Maybe Ford's right, it probably wouldn't sell all that well in our SUV dominated market. Or maybe they've never sold well in the past because we've just never had the RIGHT small cars here?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous....wish we had a 2 door option over here.....that is the one I really wanted.....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nice seats. We just have this for leather seats here (different color/trim options)

They probably think most of us are too wide to fit in the seats you got. Just wished they would have at least offered an option with no piping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have to admit the leather option you guys have is pretty nice ! Yeah the bezel is black ! Most others I have seen are silver though ! What engine options are they offering over there ??

·
Registered
984 Posts
There is no engine options only the 1.6 liter that is available in EU. We got a a different 5sp manual than EU though and it is geared more for MPG than performance ,based on post that I have read on here atleast. We also got a 6 speed automatic instead of the 4 speed that is available over there. I test drove the EU model manual and auto when they had the FiestaMovement over here and I can tell you that the auto in EU car sucks. I got the auto trans only when learning that it was better and had more power than the EU 4 speed.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
GREAT looking car! We very happy to have UK members joining. Welcome!

Feel free to let any fellow Fiesta fans from 'across the pond' know about our site. We would be very interested in getting to know them, and what the Fiesta scene is like over there. :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
There is no engine options only the 1.6 liter that is available in EU. We got a a different 5sp manual than EU though and it is geared more for MPG than performance ,based on post that I have read on here atleast. We also got a 6 speed automatic instead of the 4 speed that is available over there. I test drove the EU model manual and auto when they had the FiestaMovement over here and I can tell you that the auto in EU car sucks. I got the auto trans only when learning that it was better and had more power than the EU 4 speed.
According to the UK owners' manual, the auto in UK is avail. ONLY with the 1.4L engine, so I can imagine it would be much slower than a 5-sp 1.6L. Any FMer's able to confirm/deny?

·
Registered
406 Posts
The UK owners' manual has some interesting stuff in it if you're a Fiesta junkie like me.:D

-Because European regular gas is equal to our premium, car makers tune cars differently getting better performance and MPG. The 1.6L Ti-VCT manual (same basic engine as we get) is rated at 35mpg city and 60mpg hwy!!

-The blank panel below our headlight switch is a storage bin over there--would be perfect for sunglasses. They also have an overhead sunglasses holder right behind the map lights.

-Their trip computer can display "instantaneous mpg".

-As technically advanced and equipped as the US Fiesta is, the Euro model offers "park assist", power folding mirrors (ours move, but don't fold), and SYNC/Voice Recognition can control the climate control!

·
Registered
406 Posts
60 MPG-imperial = 50 MPG-us
You may be right on that, but that is STILL 25% better than the US automatic's rating of 40mpg, and 28% better than the US manual's 39mpg!! Since premium fuel here is about 10% more than regular, it would be more cost effective to tune for premium--plus better performance to boot!

·
Registered
119 Posts
-As technically advanced and equipped as the US Fiesta is, the Euro model offers "park assist", power folding mirrors (ours move, but don't fold), and SYNC/Voice Recognition can control the climate control!
In the US the parking sensors are dealer installed and cost 595 dollars (including installation/labor) for the 4 sensor version and 500 dollars (I think) for the 2 sensor version

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We do another 5 engine options over here 1.2 zetec petrol 1.4 zetec petrol 1.6 zetec petrol - optional mountune performance upgrade or the new zetec s 150 1.6 150bhp through 5 gears manual ! Standard 1.6 is 90bhp however the zetec s as I have is 120bhp !!

Also available is 2x turbo diesel engines 1.4 and 1.6. The 1.6 is 90bhp but does a combined fuel economy of 55mpg!! Something we need over here with high fuel prices ! We do a 99 octane fuel at shell and bp which costs £1.26/litre !! Car runs amazing on it though great throttle response !

Check out a forum called zsoc!

www.zsoc.co.uk

That's the other forum and car club I'm in over here ! Everyone loves their zetec s fiesta !! Some crazy cars on there too !

Speak soon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts