Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across a very strange picture of a Fiesta (not one of FiestaMovement cars), but with manufacture plate and a odd mix of trim levels. Looks like Titanium spec, but it is minus the standard push button start feature, it has the reverse sensors in the rear bumper, heated windscreen (Quickclear). But the main item I wanted to mention is the very unique change of design to the radio and info display screen http://tiny.cc/WNtjO
Its obviously a mock up . but what do you think of this set up with the info screen etc in comparison to what it is now?
The area just above the radio the way it is designed, my first thought was it reminded me for some reason of a Ford Escape I rented when I was in Canada last summer.
I think the reason why it made think of the Escape is because the radio face has been squared, and if I remember the top of the dash on the Escape passenger side has 3 lines that are recessed into the dash, similar to the lines in tray top above the display screen in the Fiesta picture.

Here is the link to the forum thread were there are a couple of exterior pics
http://tiny.cc/EAbJg

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
That is very strange indeed. I wonder if that's a "base" interior, that would not need the display screen and would accept any single-DIN car stereo? Could save a lot of money per car that way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
perhaps this vehicle is loaned to one of the engineers who's job it is to retrofit the seen "cheap dash" into this particular fiesta? I certainly hope that this "look" will only appear on the cheapest models because that would be excessively disappointing for me.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
that is a very strange interior. It is a titanium interior without the radio, display, or anything. Wondering if the US dash will look like that, but include buttons. Thinking the sliver plate is just a cover to hide what they are working on, but the actual dash shape is the US version. It would be great to learn more about what those pictures are of. I don't like the smaller display area compared to the EU cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts