Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am blonde and maybe that has something to with the reason I cannot figure out how to upload a photo so that I can post it. When I go to user CP I do not see "pictures and albums".....where is this located?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what is to the left:
Your Control Panel
Your Profile
Edit Your Details
Profile Privacy
Edit Profile Picture
Networking
Contacts & Friends
Social Groups
Settings & Options
Edit Signature
Edit Email & Password
Edit Options
Edit Ignore List
Private Messages
Folders
Inbox
Sent Items

List Messages
Send New Message
Track Messages
Edit Folders
Subscribed Threads
Folders
Subscriptions

List Subscriptions
Edit Folders
Miscellaneous
Event Reminders

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is under community v:

Social Groups
Contacts & Friends
Members List

So still cannot find it

·
Registered
260 Posts
You may need to message FiestaFaction-1. There might be some issue with your account that needs a click of a mouse or something.
My CP is showing the exact same info as Cindy's. I've looked under all the settings I can find and I see nowhere (no tabs or links) to create and album.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My CP is showing the exact same info as Cindy's. I've looked under all the settings I can find and I see nowhere (no tabs or links) to create and album.
Same here. Also, in the box under Posting Rules it says I may not post attachments. :confused:

·
Registered
947 Posts
From the Forum FAQ:
How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
But, as we all have noticed, the "Manage Attachments" button is missing!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Hi all, sorry we should have made this clearer.

When the forum was originally installed/setup if was set by default to allow users to upload pictures. And, while this is a nice feature, we've found with our other forum that once it starts growing, the ability to host those pictures becomes too difficult from a space/bandwidth/cost perspective.

With the abundance and popularity of free online image hosting services, it makes a lot more sense for forums to rely on them.

Using the link above will show you how to do it. It's the way that the majority of forums handle this issue.

Once you do it the first time, you will see how easy it is. And then posting images will become second nature. I promise! :D

But, if you have any additional questions regarding the procedure, please post them here and one of our seasoned forum veterans will be more than happy to help answer them. We've been doing this for a long time, so we should be able to walk you through it. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Best way that I have posted pictured before in other forums and this one is to get a photo account (photobucket, picasa, etc....)

1. If you have a google account then you have a picasa account. On every picture there is a link that you can put right into your post. You just have to click the "insert image" button at the top of your text box when posting, and input the image url.

2. To get the picture url in Picasa you have to click on the image you have uploaded. Then click the "link to this photo" on the right hand side. Put a check in the "Image only no link" box. Then you can select the size of the picture you would like. Last select the "Imbedded Image" Link, and copy it. Then follow directions listed above in 1. Picasa Picture:

Both of these methods dont require you loading pictures on this site, and you can use the picture url on any site anywhere. I prefer photobucket because it is easier to get the url link from each picture.

3.You just put your mouse over the picture you have uploaded, and it drops down a url menu. Just copy and paste the IMG CODE and paste in the post. No need for step 1. Here is a picture I have on my photobucket site:

You don't have to use the "insert image" button for photobucket. It has everything in it for you. I hope this helps anyone confused about posting pictures easy and simple. If you have any more questions or are still confused please pm me or post here. I'll answer all I can.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used NLC-KC's post and went to Flickr and uploaded and was able to get them post after much ado.....Here is one

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you are using flickr, there is a couple of different sizes you can pick that each have a unique image url at the bottom.

-spatakula

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
If you are using flickr, there is a couple of different sizes you can pick that each have a unique image url at the bottom.

-spatakula

As with Photobucket.

Oh, and one other thing: Please keep in mind there are some folks in this world who are on dialup connections :eek: To make things easier for them, try and stick with fairly low-resolution images (say, 800 x 600).

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Yes, 800x600 is the perfect large size for this forum template.

I can't remember if we have automatic resizing enabled, but I'll look into it. And if we don't, we'll get it set up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts