Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Fiesta people!

Longtime lurker, rarely posting. Been posting more and at more of a point (warranty expired) to start modding her internals.

This is my 2015 Fiesta SE. I bought her new when I was in Germany for a few years. After seening their large population there, being a hatchback fiend since a little one, and hearing so much about the Fiesta I had to get one. Its a US Spec. Shes seen about half of her life there going across Europe. Now were back in the state of Texas for now.

~45000 miles
Stock Internals.
Plastidipped wheels.
The Ebay Special roof rack setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I'm working toward the unattainable dream of Euro-Spec, US driven, lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard!

I'm working toward the unattainable dream of Euro-Spec, US driven, lol

I think you're pretty much there! The Mango is a pretty dope little hatch! Is there anything you wish you had gone with vs what you did put on? Anything you highly recommend? Where'd you find alot of your write ups like the body work?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I think you're pretty much there! The Mango is a pretty dope little hatch! Is there anything you wish you had gone with vs what you did put on? Anything you highly recommend? Where'd you find alot of your write ups like the body work?
To be entirely honest - I've never used a write up, lol.

Because there is so little market in the US for the non-ST Fiesta (and even LESS for the pre-facelift models like Mango), 90% of my mods are taking a look at spec sheets for the Euro models and ST models and trying to judge what will and will not work on my particular platform. In the event that it is a part I REALLY want and all signs point to it not being able to work, I then look and see how much effort it might take TO make it work (i.e. - the Euro spec headlights).

It's pretty much all trial and error. I've learned a dremel tool and some sweat can go a long way! I've run into a couple modifications where I thought it would work perfect only to discover some random little ancillary piece had been changed as well - requiring some more parts to make it work 100% - but nothing yet that absolutely stopped me dead in my tracks.

The only thing I'd love to do that I don't think will ever come to pass would be a Euro front bumper swap. The issue? The gap between the hood and bumper is lower (and notched for the Ford emblem) on the Euro cars. I'd need the European hood as well as the bumper cover - and non of my overseas suppliers are willing to ship something like a hood. So I made do with dressing up my US spec front bumper with the unique grills and the lip spoiler and that makes me happy enough.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adding in a review of my roof rack setup that I posted on another thread.

I spent a total of around $200 for the crossbars, basket and wind fairing.

Cross bar https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-A...-/183438929872
- It gets the job done, feels of good quality and I haven't had issues with keeping it on or making adjustments. It isn't the MOST aesthetic but I've seen uglier ones. The racketing system is a little bit on the cheaper side, but as long as you stay patient and follow the instructions you kinda set it and forget it. For $50 bucks, its a good test run on if you like it before you drop money on a better set of crossbars

Wind Fairing https://www.ebay.com/itm/Roof-Top-Lo...-/183516417371
- I bought this for $35 about 6 months ago. Also cheaper but gets the job done.

Roof basket https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Pretty well constructed and for only about $100 its solid and looks good. Even if I upgraded I'd still use this guy for a basket. Price point to quality is very good!

All in all, I went with a cheaper setup because I was playing with the idea and to see if I really liked having the rack. It works well for me, looks good and I can strap stuff to it that I dont want to throw in the hatch like lumber. I can feel a little bit of resistance on the highway above 70mph, but it hasnt really bothered me enough to want to take it off. I like my setup but will eventually upgrade down the road from a bigger manufacture.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3 months ago I scooped up one of these torsion bars that I read on some old threads. http://tbperformanceproducts.com/Products.php#!/Torsion-Bar/p/76990988

I immediately noticed turns were much stiffer feeling. It really feels good! I enjoy taking corners more without all the bounce. I've driven alot more carefully on wet days so I don't have any experience losing traction since I installed it. The quality is awesome, and I like the purple color. Makes me wish it was more of visible part. Installation took 20 minutes with a crescent wrench and ratchet.

For $100 the immediate change in response makes it a very valuable part.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just an update on the latest additions...

Picked up a used Thule Cargo Box (Thule 688 Atlantis 2100) Its their XXL size....it was a decent price and it fits! I had to push it quite a bit forward in order to open the hatch up but I really like the looks. What do you guys think about painting it black or getting it wrapped?

I also ordered some $12 "mud flaps" from ebay. Had to take the wheels off for it, but it was a very painless install!

Also ripped off the plasti dip for a change, thinking about going bronze/gold next time...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sharp looking ride. Bet it blended in really well in Europe. When I was there I drove a 1998 4x4 Ford Ranger.... did not blend in at all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sharp looking ride. Bet it blended in really well in Europe. When I was there I drove a 1998 4x4 Ford Ranger.... did not blend in at all.
Thank you! It did, plus I saw so many other Fiestas. I remember the first time I saw/heard of the fiesta was on an old episode of Top Gear when I was still a kid. That it was so cool and exclusive for the UK at the time so, when I was in Europe I had to do it! Couldn't ask for a more perfect car for an awesome driving scape!

At least your Ranger wasn't like most full size pickups now a days. I did see a few while I was there, they always got the worst looks! I did however happen to go to the Nürburgring the day after they had a all truck event. Surprisingly the turnout was in the hundreds and saw quite a few on the ring....of course driving past! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This inspired me. I just started modding my 18 hatchback. It's going to have more of a rugged look, but looking for affordable practical mods.
I am currently waiting for my ST style spoiler to get custom painted so I can put it on risers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This inspired me. I just started modding my 18 hatchback. It's going to have more of a rugged look, but looking for affordable practical mods.
I am currently waiting for my ST style spoiler to get custom painted so I can put it on risers.
Thanks Bob! Its going to look real nice, what are you getting the spoiler painted?

If you get a rack, definitely go with Rhino Rack. I need to update with some pictures but they are so nice!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cars looking good man! That box looks gigantic but it looks good up there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts