Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
seems the pictures Marc posted that show the green body coloured grille and green car with the black grille have been taken down??
Subdomain img440 is down, so perhaps a malfunctioning server over at Imageshack.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No disrespect meant to our resident Photoshop expert Marc, but I am surprised at how negatively the chrome insert impacts the looks of the otherwise beautiful Fiesta. I think, hope that if a chrome upper grille is part of the package, it won't be like those but more like the Verve grille. Thick chrome, be it bars or a solid grille insert just doesn't mesh with the rest of the Fiesta design. I know these are all speculations, and I'm not trying to be negative, just amazed at that look. Body color all the way (or maybe Verve thin chrome bars).

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think the Chrome just ruins the look of the car which I hope with no disrespects at all but I think it would look perfect as body color which is most likely what will happen.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
And if it really is chrome and it really looks bad you can pop it out and replace it with something else.

·
Registered
138 Posts
And if it really is chrome and it really looks bad you can pop it out and replace it with something else.
Exactly. That could be one of the significant advantages to the NA upper grille being an insert instead of being the hood and entire front bumper/fascia. This way, the aftermarket almost certainly can develop many diverse grilles to satisfy just about any taste. Of course, a chrome grille could probably just be sandblasted and repainted in body color fairly easily as well. Speculation, but I'm thinking it's all going to work out on the exterior. The only potential detrimental change will be losing amber turn signals which would then require finding out if the EU taillights will fit exactly and flush with the altered NA rear bumper. I'll stop conjecturing for the evening.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
The orange one with the verve grille is not bad at all! I do still like the white the best, and that one will work with any grille option. The blacked out grille looks good as well.

If I had to rank them from best to worst;
Production EU Bumper
Body colored grille
Verve sedan grille
black grille
chrome grille

Marc, your photoshopping skillz are getting really good! :) Perhaps I should send you some pics of my white Axis wheels to see how those look!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
I repeat the pics here, because we're on a new page.

If I had to rank them from best to worst;
Production EU Bumper

Body colored grille

Verve sedan grille

black grille

chrome grille

Marc, your photoshopping skillz are getting really good! :) Perhaps I should send you some pics of my white Axis wheels to see how those look!
Okay, PM me and I'll see what I can do (don't have too high hopes tho)

·
Registered
893 Posts
I thinketh I may make the Chinese Sport Replica, they some awesome front seats.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Marc,
I sent you some pics of my ZX3 on facebook, go ahead and steal the white wheels off of any picture that fits the best.

Strange how the chrome grille makes the front look longer and more pointed. The black grille makes the car look flat. Body color with the USDM lower intake makes the center part of the bumper too thick. Funny how those little changes really make a big difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking at the different styled grills against the ST Orange, I really like the Black plastic grille. BRGT350, I say that is second and the body colored is third. It really looks along the lines of Ford AU 's stuff. The verve grille looks like a luxury car. I like all except the chrome one. I could live with it, but I am not feeling it.

Maybe the final grilles will change my mind.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Very Nice! You must have taken the front wheel off of my car when it either on track or autocrossing since the centercap is missing. Too bad we won't be getting a 3-door version. Outstanding workmanship on the photoshopping.

·
Registered
425 Posts

With the smaller lower opening, I think the black upper grill really adds to the front of the car. It evens out the look from the front. A body colored top grill with the smaller lower grill makes it look top heavy in comparison.

BTW, can someone do a Sonic Blue chop?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

With the smaller lower opening, I think the black upper grill really adds to the front of the car. It evens out the look from the front. A body colored top grill with the smaller lower grill makes it look top heavy in comparison.

BTW, can someone do a Sonic Blue chop?
I can't get the blue color right!!!

21 - 40 of 123 Posts