Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That's right, Brandon and I take turns chasing fast laps in a video game and then on a racetrack with the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST. Are we faster in the game or on the track? Who is faster between Brandon and I? Watch the video and find out!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
awesome mission! something I can relate to.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we could have pushed the car on an open track without the tire supply issue, we could have easily shaved a few seconds off of our times. When we were invited back to the track for additional footage without traffic, we wanted to push for better lap times. Sadly, the tire supply issue capped the lap times to running at a much slower speed. We are capable of better lap times and the car is way more capable of going faster. Running hard in a video game is also easier since there is no problems about crashing into a wall. Brandon and I did not want to tell Ford we stuffed the ST into a wall trying to shave a half second off our laps. We still ran good laps and were able to get up over 100mph on the back straight. If it wasn't for the tire issue, we would have surely beat the times my Mustang runs and probably beat my personal lap record set with race tires on my Focus.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BGRT350 how long is the back straight and o you recall your entry speed Approx of course :)
As for entry speed of the back straight, I am not sure. Until we had somebody ride with us, we had no idea of our top speed. Glancing down at the speedometer when approaching a very tight T11 turn is something I have never done. Way too much going on with picking the brake application spot, checking mirrors to make sure nobody is trying a pass on the inside, checking to see if there is somebody close that will want to pass between T11 and T1, looking ahead to see if somebody spun on T11 exit, giving the brakes a quick check prior to hard braking, judging if I want to pass the next car between T11 and T1, and preparing for a 4-3-2 downshift. Coming out of T10 on the back straight is busy with a blind uphill kink (usually with the sun in my eyes) and then deciding if the person behind me is wanting to pass and if I am in range to pass the car in front. I would love to have some DAQ and telementry to look at track position, speed, and forces. Maybe some day :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts