Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everywhere I've read, its basically the same. Heres a link 2011 Ford Fiesta SES: Suspension Walkaround

Vogtland makes good springs, what struts/shocks are you going to run?
i'm still unsure. i won't run lowering springs with factory dampers, thats for sure. whats out there? i'd really like koni to come out with some adjustable struts. i'm sure they will, but i doubt it will be for a while. i really like the look of vogtland springs on my buddys svt contour, so i was very glad when i came across this. i also noticed that eibach has a listing for springs on their site. it says that they're still being made, but we'll see them on the market very soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not really sure, not going to have my car for a while so I haven't really looked. I usually run bilstein just because they are local incase I need a revalve or rebuild. Otherwise if Suspension Techniques come out with something I will probably go with them. They are pretty cheap and I've been happy with the set I have on my other car.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i spoke with the sales rep for vogtland. he has no clue if they will work with the american fiestas. he said that he will speak to vogtland in germany to find an answer.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres the reply...

Spoke to Leila at Vogtland and she said any application out of their north american catalog have been tested and will work. This application is listed in the NA catalog. Only problem is that they are currently out but suppose to get more in, in a few weeks. If you want to give me some contact info like your phone # or email I can contact you when they are good in stock again or you can preorder it, just need 20% down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was thinking they would fit. Now just want to know the spring rates. This is going to be a commuter something mild would be ideal.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking they would fit. Now just want to know the spring rates. This is going to be a commuter something mild would be ideal.
1.4 inch drop in both the front and rear. i think these will be perfect for my car as its a DD

·
Registered
522 Posts
They'll work but it'll be Slightly undersprung because of the additional 100 lbs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They'll work but it'll be Slightly undersprung because of the additional 100 lbs.
true, but i doubt it'll make hardly any difference. i'm willing to bet that if they end up making american spec springs, you won't notice a difference

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
springs are ordered. they are special order from germany, so i'll have them in 4-6 weeks. pics coming in a month or so! :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the company dropped the ball. they told me 4 weeks to ship. i called them 2 months later. they told me that it wouldn't be until 2 months later that i would receive them. long story short, i got my money back

·
Registered
132 Posts
vogtland spring install

In case anyone is curious about these sport springs #958096. I bought a set off EBAY due to good price and advertised 1.4in. drop front and back. My main purpose being aerodynamics for mpg.

These springs were designed for the european version of the car, so I expected, allowing for variences of individual parts and our cars' heavier wt, lowest drop around 1.6in.

I caculated the drop measuring the fender lip to the bottom of the wheel rim on all four corners. I did this for the OEMs and the new springs. The installed drop I came up with is approx. 1.4in front and 2.0 in back.

The front is right on, but at 2 inches, the back is way lower. Obviusly, not what I was looking for.

Question is, why so low? I think most likely, that the OEM back ride height for the european version is 1/2 inch lower to begin with. It's The risk I took, buying parts not designed for U.S. spec. car.

Ironically, this will probably improve aerodynamics. Won't help ride. I will at least leave installed long enough to see effects on mileage. At least the roads I travel the most aren't to bad.

Installation was very easy.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
It would seem to me that the Ford racing kits would be the way to go.
No worry if they will fit and what shocks/struts will go with the spings.
All tested and ready to install.

Buying on E-bay= caveat emptor.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I figured as much, even before I bought these. The ford parts just didn't lower it enough for what I was trying to do. I knew there would be a risk in buying these. Just to be clear, I didn't post to complain. I'll deal with it one way or another. Just wanted to share what I've learned about these, in case someone else ran across a set.

From what I have read on other post, I think the ford package is the way to go for anyone wanting to upgrade their suspension. Stock, the car is really to high, especially for aesthics. Good for snow and cow patties though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts