Fiesta Faction banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have anyone replaced de Sync Module? Mine got wet and now is dead I found one on eBay but is not clear if I can just plug it without a dealer.... In my country there is no dealer and the Ford authorized repair center is trying to charge me 700$ for de diagnostic and possibly more for the part that is 60$ on ebay
Hi, did you replace your Sync module? If so, did it correct the issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, Colleen -
With your vehicle off, remove fuse #10 for 3 minutes.

Jaclyn
I've had this problem for the past 5-6 months. I suspected it was a fuse issue, but as I'm not a car enthusiast or mechanic and neither are any of my friends I didn't know how to check. I've avoided taking my car to the shop due to the cost relative to the rather large vet bill I recieve recently. Anyway, I was able to move the glovebox and look at the fuse panel thank's to the above directions, BUT there are at least 8 small yellow bits labeled with a 10. I'm assuming these are voltages, amperages, or some other attribute of the bits themselves. I'm uncertain if these are actually the fuses or something else. There were larger black blocks which could have potentially be the fuses instead but there didn't seem to be 10 of them. I didn't see any other markings or notations on the thing itself, thus I'm confused on how to complete these instructions. I plan to explore further when I go back to my car after work. I'm familiar with my home breaker box and tiny tube like fuses in one of the pieces of equipment at work and the cars fuse box looks nothing like either of them so please forgive my ignorance in this matter. Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There should be a fuse layout diagram on the back of your glovebox. If not you need to consult the manual to identify the correct one. If you don't have a user manual there is a Ford Owners app where you can download the manual

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only diagram was in the manual. I pulled the fuse a few minutes and it works again. Just out of curiosity how do I tell if one of these fuses goes bad? Do the get a burnt look and broken wire like regular ones?

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you look down on the top of the fuse you will see the curved metal wire inside is broken / not connected. They don't tend to get a burnt look like old household fuses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try on this?

My situation is a similar one neither aux nor USB ports work. There's no power from the USB port. If I try to access AUX menu it gives me a couple of choices to look for ipod or USB but if I choose any of them the system just returns to Radio. If I click 'Phone' it just shows me a screen with a speaker icon crossed out and the word 'mute' below it. The voice activation button doesn't work at all. Things I tried so far:

Disconnecting the battery
Disconnecting the fuse
Disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth module
I mean I also tried the software update but USB port just doesn't work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try on this?

My situation is a similar one neither aux nor USB ports work. There's no power from the USB port. If I try to access AUX menu it gives me a couple of choices to look for ipod or USB but if I choose any of them the system just returns to Radio. If I click 'Phone' it just shows me a screen with a speaker icon crossed out and the word 'mute' below it. The voice activation button doesn't work at all. Things I tried so far:

Disconnecting the battery
Disconnecting the fuse
Disconnecting and reconnecting the Bluetooth module
I mean I also tried the software update but USB port just doesn't work
Take it in to the dealer, I believe there is a bulletin or a fix from Ford. Mine was doing the same thing and the dealer was able to completely fix it. Works pretty good now. (still have to pull the fuse about once a year though).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what the dealership does when none of these troubleshooting solutions work? I’ve tried the battery, the fuse, etc. Can’t reset because I can’t get into the auxiliary option. USB port doesn’t work so I can’t do an update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone come up for an alternative to battery pulling, fuse pulling and software updating? All tried and failed methods. Just so sick of listening to the radio??

41 - 50 of 50 Posts