Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's raining, and i got water coming into my trunk. Anybody else got this problem? I guess i'll start with taking off the fender liners and see if i can figure it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's coming from so many places! I'm using caulking to seal everything up, the best i can. It's all around the wheel wells. I also just noticed there is one spot coming from a high spot. I need to pull off some of the plastic trim peaces to trace that leak. I'm sad :(

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Are you sure it's not just condensate? It's really not at all likely that a bunch of leaks would suddenly show up.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have this too and of course it is out of warranty. This car that we bought new three years ago is actually not very good. Crappy reverse engagement, random check engine lights, leaking into the trunk. Three years old. May ditch it soon if a good opportunity arises.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just went through this myself and the dealer fixed it. Mine turned out to be some kind of vent flaps in the driver wheel well that was stuck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a 2011 with 50,600 miles on it, about. I spray the fenders with a house and water comes through, No, it's not condensation... why would it only be in the trunk?
I think i'm just going to try spraying the trunk with bedliner or something. It seems to be the only efficient way of sealing all of these little gaps. I still have the 2 leaks coming from the top though, idk what i'll do about that

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
I got a 2011 with 50,600 miles on it, about. I spray the fenders with a house and water comes through, No, it's not condensation... why would it only be in the trunk?
I think i'm just going to try spraying the trunk with bedliner or something. It seems to be the only efficient way of sealing all of these little gaps. I still have the 2 leaks coming from the top though, idk what i'll do about that
Did you see Dayton's post above? Are there any vent flaps in the rear wheel well area that may be allowing water to enter?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm happy to report, the Dip worked ^_^ as for my leaks coming from the top, there are only a few possible points of entry and I caulked the most likely one. Hopefully it works.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am so pissed off right now! I cannot figure out where the hell these top leaks are! Water is coming out from the clip holes for the interior trim pieces. I just might have to go to the dealer for this. I'm at the point where i just want to start cutting up the body so i can clearly see where the water is coming from. I'm not actually going to do that though of course.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No more leaks. I figured it out. In the roof channels, at the very back , it looked like there were tiny cracks in the body. 2 - 3 inches long on both sides. So i don't think the seam where the roof and sides meet was the problem. I used caulking to seal up those cracks. No more leaks! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just noticed this winter that I also have this issue with my 2011 hatch. I did some research and found out that some people had the same issue in the UK with the Mk7. So this has been an issues since 2009. I have also determined that the water is coming in from the passenger side roof trim at the back. How much trim did you have to remove to find the cracks and did lifting the trim ruin it in anyway? Also what adhesive did you use/would you recommend? I'm half considered taking it to ford, but I really like doing things myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2012 hatch was hemorrhaging water into the trunk. I removed the rear tail lights and bumper and used gutter sealer on the vent - to chassis seams, various rubber bungs etc. I then applied fiberglass sheetrock tape to the cheezy factory taped holes and saturated with 100% SILICONE caulk. Replaced everything and found I STILL had a substantial leak 5 days later! Out of frustration I applied gutter sealer to the hatch hinge to body union, and the 2 electrical boots where they meet the body above the door. I also gooped over all the existing seam sealer. It has been a few weeks with many down pours and the trunk is totally dry. A close inspection of the headliner above the hatch showed slight discoloration suggesting water had been entering from above the trunk opening.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts