Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2012 hatch was hemorrhaging water into the trunk. I removed the rear tail lights and bumper and used gutter sealer on the vent - to chassis seams, various rubber bungs etc. I then applied fiberglass sheetrock tape to the cheezy factory taped holes and saturated with 100% SILICONE caulk. Replaced everything and found I STILL had a substantial leak 5 days later! Out of frustration I applied gutter sealer to the hatch hinge to body union, and the 2 electrical boots where they meet the body above the door. I also gooped over all the existing seam sealer. It has been a few weeks with many down pours and the trunk is totally dry. A close inspection of the headliner above the hatch showed slight discoloration suggesting water had been entering from above the trunk opening.
Well, it has been 3 weeks since this post and the leak has returned once again. Always showing evidence of having entered somewhere on the driver side but much less than previously, about 2 oz in the wheel well. As another member stated, it may be a dynamic problem aggravated by driving while it is raining verses being parked outside during a torrential rain storm.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts