Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I dislike the word "crossover." It means "low-MPG station wagon" to me. I find it hard to see scale or something unique/new from that picture. Maybe I'm just missing something though.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
The picture that is posted is engineering 'mule'.

While the body is pretty much standard Fiesta, it's what underneath that they are testing. Looks as if it could be AWD. And the final product would probably have a taller 'greenhouse'.

Envision a mini Ford Edge.

·
Banned
528 Posts
That's what I was thinking...

The picture that is posted is engineering 'mule'.

While the body is pretty much standard Fiesta, it's what underneath that they are testing. Looks as if it could be AWD. And the final product would probably have a taller 'greenhouse'.

Envision a mini Ford Edge.
Unless the Bedouins in the desert in the middle east want a Fiesta! That car's ground clearance would be great for dune jumping!!

I agreed with FF-1 I bet they just attached the Fiesta body for testing purposes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Unless the Bedouins in the desert in the middle east want a Fiesta! That car's ground clearance would be great for dune jumping!!
Or the Huge snow piles we get where I live. Even though I live 2 miles from work 2 feet of snow can be a pain to get through. :D

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
No thanks. I want my Fiesta to sit lower, not higher to the ground.

·
Registered
893 Posts
From what I could see there is no AWD at all on that Fiesta. Its still using that ''Twist Beam'' Suspension looks more like they just beefed up the suspension and are using some large tires.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
From what I could see there is no AWD at all on that Fiesta. Its still using that ''Twist Beam'' Suspension looks more like they just beefed up the suspension and are using some large tires.
You're probably right, because I don't even know if the B3 was ever meant to accommodate AWD.

The article is speculating that it's being tailored for the UK. So, it may be something more akin to a CrossPolo competitor.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Because juding by the one and only real rear picture you can definately tell there is no rear differential. I would assume if they go AWD they would set up full IRS to accomodate the AWD for better traction and handling. Having got to see the Twist Beam up close and personal there is no way it can be set up for AWD. You have to go with differen't rear suspension/subframe setup. Though isn't Ken Blocks and the Fiesta S2000 AWD?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Hmm, that test mule looks exactly like what I need for the winter. It would also be great for getting around at the Sno*Drift Rallye.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hopefully this car doesn't turn into the European ford fusion
Ford Fusion (Europe) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Which is just a slightly bigger fiesta with worse off styling (compared to the previous generation fiesta)
I don't know why this article is spreading some kind of huey about being specific for UK market.

Fact is the current Euro Fusions life is ending and the next gen will be called the B-Max which will be built at Fords Craovia Assembly Plant in Romania.
Not sure when production begins as it has been delayed a few times due to some political crapola, but the latest I heard was next month. This time line doesn't seem to be happening though.

Think of the Euro Fusion or its replacement B-Max as a Honda Fit/Jazz type vehicle. It is a B segment vehicle, based on the Fiesta platform.

And I think it will look a little like this, not exactly but similar

and a little like this but smaller

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pretty sweet!

Could this potentially house an AWD system in the future? Maybe like a hybrid drivetrain like whats being brewed up for the next generation Focus RS.

Hmmmmm. Wishful thinking at least.

-spatakula

·
Registered
984 Posts
It has 4 wheel disc with a 4 bolt wheel pattern also. Maybe potential for rear disc change that some people were asking about.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ick. What a good way to ruin our Fiestas. Puff it up and turn it into an AWD minivan. No thanks.

·
Registered
893 Posts
You know I'm surprised that car haven't fully gone the way of a gas powered engine powering electrical motors for the wheels similar to what the Volt basically does in a sense and or what a Diesel Locomotive. Rather than go the route of a Hybrid powertrain go the full monty and just get it over with. But at the same time the more technology I see and like having it I also begin to loathe it because the more expensive the repairs and and the not so well good on the planet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts