Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I can't quite tell because of the way the official recall statement is worded, so I wanted to run it by you fine folks and see if you can tell me, based on your experiences of possibly getting my 'issue' with transmission dealt with, whether it's covered, cost-wise, or not?

Like.. my transmission, for the most part, works pretty well in terms of continuous power and the like, but... the acceleration, until I get to about 30 or so- esp. from a stop, like when the light turns green- seems very sluggish or "laggy." It bugs the hell out of me, honestly! Do you guys have any idea whether this would be "covered", or would I be SOL at a local Ford dealer in that regard?

Btw, the extended warranty referenced is, I believe, #14M02. I kind-of think that one of the 3 'conditions' for coverage ("loss of power") might be covered, but, then again, it also says that the issues covered are "accompanied by an illuminated Check Engine Light", which my car definitely isn't doing (luckily). Maybe I'm just "driving it wrong" or timing my foot on the acceleration badly?? :'(

In any case, if this is how difficult trying to smoothly-accelerate a DCT is, I can only imagine how frustrating me learning an actual manual would be! o.o Like, if a new owner's driving style is "way different"- I'm guessing; no idea for sure- from the previous, does the 2013 Fiesta SE have to, perhaps, "relearn" over the next 1000 or 1500 miles or something?? Is that how the "break-in" of the transmission works, or is mine just weird (or me 'not getting' something about how to properly time accelerating and putting foot on the gas)?

Also... what's with a bunch of people saying this car is "fun to drive"?? Compared to what, exactly? If anything, for the past month and a half, this car has been nothing but a pain in the rear for me! particularly cuz of the weird, difficult transmission

In hindsight, I kind-of miss my 2012 and 2015 Sentras that I had 3-year leases on (2013-2019), in all honesty. Those were so much easier to drive, and the transmission had no issues whatsoever, if memory serves. Pretty smooth acceleration, as far as regular, consumer vehicles go... Almost was gonna get another Nissan, but... the prices on lower-mileage ones were, usually, simply too high for me. And I def. didn't forget all of the irritating hidden fees leases include, like making you repay Nissan after they directly pay the county the property tax (lol), let alone having to pay, like, 2-3k for a down payment, or the absurd $400-500 to dispose of and/or auction the car off later, or something, after giving back post-lease, if memory serves?
Hell, the only reason I even did those 2 leases, funny enough, was because, as a Citi employee in 2013, I was eligible for their Vehicle Purchase Plan, which allowed them to give me much more favorable terms than otherwise (phew). ;) Down payment was only, like... 866.

Didn't feel it was 'worth it' to deal w/ all of that extra cost, this time around, given how close my workplace is to home, let alone the fact that I usually only drive about 14 miles per day (to and from work), 5 days a week. but... had I known how frustrating my Fiesta would be, I would've at least considered something like a lease a bit more, tbqh.

My apologies if this (TCM coverage) has already been addressed in another post. I tried looking it up, but no other thread clarifies exactly this, from what I could tell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So... I can't quite tell because of the way the official recall statement is worded, so I wanted to run it by you fine folks and see if you can tell me, based on your experiences of possibly getting my 'issue' with transmission dealt with, whether it's covered, cost-wise, or not?

Like.. my transmission, for the most part, works pretty well in terms of continuous power and the like, but... the acceleration, until I get to about 30 or so- esp. from a stop, like when the light turns green- seems very sluggish or "laggy." It bugs the hell out of me, honestly! Do you guys have any idea whether this would be "covered", or would I be SOL at a local Ford dealer in that regard?

Btw, the extended warranty referenced is, I believe, #14M02. I kind-of think that one of the 3 'conditions' for coverage ("loss of power") might be covered, but, then again, it also says that the issues covered are "accompanied by an illuminated Check Engine Light", which my car definitely isn't doing (luckily). Maybe I'm just "driving it wrong" or timing my foot on the acceleration badly?? :'(

In any case, if this is how difficult trying to smoothly-accelerate a DCT is, I can only imagine how frustrating me learning an actual manual would be! o.o Like, if a new owner's driving style is "way different"- I'm guessing; no idea for sure- from the previous, does the 2013 Fiesta SE have to, perhaps, "relearn" over the next 1000 or 1500 miles or something?? Is that how the "break-in" of the transmission works, or is mine just weird (or me 'not getting' something about how to properly time accelerating and putting foot on the gas)?

Also... what's with a bunch of people saying this car is "fun to drive"?? Compared to what, exactly? If anything, for the past month and a half, this car has been nothing but a pain in the rear for me! particularly cuz of the weird, difficult transmission

In hindsight, I kind-of miss my 2012 and 2015 Sentras that I had 3-year leases on (2013-2019), in all honesty. Those were so much easier to drive, and the transmission had no issues whatsoever, if memory serves. Pretty smooth acceleration, as far as regular, consumer vehicles go... Almost was gonna get another Nissan, but... the prices on lower-mileage ones were, usually, simply too high for me. And I def. didn't forget all of the irritating hidden fees leases include, like making you repay Nissan after they directly pay the county the property tax (lol), let alone having to pay, like, 2-3k for a down payment, or the absurd $400-500 to dispose of and/or auction the car off later, or something, after giving back post-lease, if memory serves?
Hell, the only reason I even did those 2 leases, funny enough, was because, as a Citi employee in 2013, I was eligible for their Vehicle Purchase Plan, which allowed them to give me much more favorable terms than otherwise (phew). ;) Down payment was only, like... 866.

Didn't feel it was 'worth it' to deal w/ all of that extra cost, this time around, given how close my workplace is to home, let alone the fact that I usually only drive about 14 miles per day (to and from work), 5 days a week. but... had I known how frustrating my Fiesta would be, I would've at least considered something like a lease a bit more, tbqh.

My apologies if this (TCM coverage) has already been addressed in another post. I tried looking it up, but no other thread clarifies exactly this, from what I could tell.
If it's before 2015, it's the ground.
Ford mounted the battery ground to the body of the car. At least on the paint.
Remove the lug, sand off the paint, reinstall the ground.
You'll probably have to have the codes checked and cleared. But this is a major money grab for Ford.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts