Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got a Fiesta and I always modify my cars, so having a stealthy car is nice. What are some nice mods that aren’t over the top? Such as interior mods, exterior mods, and performance. Let me know what you guys have done.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have coilovers, a short shifter if yours is own early build 2015 or older and a k&n intake for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh and a leather steering wheel I never got around to installing along with a center console with armrest if yours is a model without armrest

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure what you mean by stealthy, but I guess modding all depends on taste and what you're looking to get out of the car.

If you want to lower it without going crazy, I really like the Ford Racing performance package. Years ago when I drove a friend's ST I found the ride too harsh, but I think the Ford Performance kit balances handling / appearance / comfort perfectly, particularly for a street car. It's also one of the more affordable suspension packages.

I like a heavier shift knob, so I picked up a "cue ball" style one off of ebay, as well as a short shift adapter. I've also got solid aluminum bushings in the shifter base, so overall shifting is a much more enjoyable experience than stock for me. Also a stiffer torque mount is really helpful. Most of the benefits of it are on hard launches, but I also noticed much smoother clutch engagement.

I also like loud obnoxious cars, so I deleted my rear muffler. I have the 1.0 EcoBoost so the turbo keeps it from being too loud. This probably isn't what you want to do if you want to be stealthy though.

As far as intakes go, you can probably find an ST200 airbox, grab a high flow filter then either open up the intake in the front bumper or get a Big Mouth like I did. You can get it completely black so it's not obvious, but I was able to measure up to 10 degrees (F) cooler intake temps at speed once it was installed. That combo should still look very factory / stealthy while actually getting you better airflow.

Otherwise, purely aesthetically, wheels and tires are always a great addition and can greatly enhance the overall look of the car (on top of more grip / better handling). I also like LED lights, so I'm in the process of changing all of the lights on the car to LEDs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazing recommendations. By stealthy I mean things such as short throw shifter, FRPP, wheels, exhaust, etc. I want something clean that doesn’t look like a teenager modding his moms car per say. Just clean mods.
Not sure what you mean by stealthy, but I guess modding all depends on taste and what you're looking to get out of the car.

If you want to lower it without going crazy, I really like the Ford Racing performance package. Years ago when I drove a friend's ST I found the ride too harsh, but I think the Ford Performance kit balances handling / appearance / comfort perfectly, particularly for a street car. It's also one of the more affordable suspension packages.

I like a heavier shift knob, so I picked up a "cue ball" style one off of ebay, as well as a short shift adapter. I've also got solid aluminum bushings in the shifter base, so overall shifting is a much more enjoyable experience than stock for me. Also a stiffer torque mount is really helpful. Most of the benefits of it are on hard launches, but I also noticed much smoother clutch engagement.

I also like loud obnoxious cars, so I deleted my rear muffler. I have the 1.0 EcoBoost so the turbo keeps it from being too loud. This probably isn't what you want to do if you want to be stealthy though.

As far as intakes go, you can probably find an ST200 airbox, grab a high flow filter then either open up the intake in the front bumper or get a Big Mouth like I did. You can get it completely black so it's not obvious, but I was able to measure up to 10 degrees (F) cooler intake temps at speed once it was installed. That combo should still look very factory / stealthy while actually getting you better airflow.

Otherwise, purely aesthetically, wheels and tires are always a great addition and can greatly enhance the overall look of the car (on top of more grip / better handling). I also like LED lights, so I'm in the process of changing all of the lights on the car to LEDs.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Amazing recommendations. By stealthy I mean things such as short throw shifter, FRPP, wheels, exhaust, etc. I want something clean that doesn’t look like a teenager modding his moms car per say. Just clean mods.
Buy my suspension intake and short throw

·
Registered
62 Posts
The FRPP is great, as far as budget suspension goes I find that it's very well balanced. I can try to dig up any links to parts on my car if you need too. I figure as long as you don't go to eBay, type in Fiesta, sort by price low to high and just start buying you should be able to keep it mature lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only concern with FRPP is how big the drop is. I live on a dirt road and some spots are flat put horrible. How much does it drop our Fiestas? Any images of one next to a stock height one? I’d love to drop it a little but I’ll have to see if it’ll work. Also looking at a shorty throw shifter and shift knob from Ford Racing. At some point Fifteen 52 Tarmac wheels, and possibly some ST parts. Definitely also looking at swapping the rear drums for the ST brakes. I wonder if the body kits and stuff like that would work as well (example Ztec A grill)?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Only concern with FRPP is how big the drop is. I live on a dirt road and some spots are flat put horrible. How much does it drop our Fiestas? Any images of one next to a stock height one? I’d love to drop it a little but I’ll have to see if it’ll work. Also looking at a shorty throw shifter and shift knob from Ford Racing. At some point Fifteen 52 Tarmac wheels, and possibly some ST parts. Definitely also looking at swapping the rear drums for the ST brakes. I wonder if the body kits and stuff like that would work as well (example Ztec A grill)?
I don't think I have any comparison pictures, but it's the tallest of any lowering suspensions I'm pretty sure. Maybe it drops an inch or two, but it's still slightly taller than the stock ST suspension.

I haven't seen any Ford Racing short throw shifters or knobs, just the Mountune arm that's never in stock.

How hard are you planning on pushing the brakes? I got a set of StopTech slotted rotors and Hawk pads for the front and it made a world of difference. For daily street use and the occasional run through twisty roads they're perfect. I don't notice any fade or excessive heat, and the system is still capable of slowing the car in time.

All of the body mounting points should be the same, it'll just depend on what parts you want to replace how much of the surrounding parts will have to go too.

Another suggestion that I forgot to mention, purely from an ergonomic standpoint, is a gas pedal spacer. One of the initial complaints from the ST crowd was that the gas pedal was too low compared to the brake pedal for heel-toe shifting, and that same gap is there in the lower trims too. I ordered a spacer as soon as I picked up the car and installed it immediately. Definitely worth doing in my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's mine on Tarmacs and rev9 coilovers for reference. About 3 inch drop or so. The road at my work is horrible too but if you drive slow it's no problem. I would not suggest getting any tire bigger than 205 40 on the wheels or your gonna rub that low.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Found my before/after of the FRPP kit. Driver's side is before, passenger side is immediately after the install, so it settled a little bit after (not really noticably though, maybe by 1/4 inch). Wheels/tires are 16x7 Sparco Terra with 195/50 - 16 tires. I ended up adding 5mm spacers on all corners too for better fitment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Literally my dream wheels lmao been looking at those for a while. Even before my Fiesta. Love the wheels bro. Car is super clean. I’m gonna start saving up for the Tarmacs and Fifteen 52s 😂
Here's mine on Tarmacs and rev9 coilovers for reference. About 3 inch drop or so. The road at my work is horrible too but if you drive slow it's no problem. I would not suggest getting any tire bigger than 205 40 on the wheels or your gonna rub that low. View attachment 771 View attachment 772

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How have you been enjoying the FRPP? Worth it?
Found my before/after of the FRPP kit. Driver's side is before, passenger side is immediately after the install, so it settled a little bit after (not really noticably though, maybe by 1/4 inch). Wheels/tires are 16x7 Sparco Terra with 195/50 - 16 tires. I ended up adding 5mm spacers on all corners too for better fitment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How have you been enjoying the FRPP? Worth it?
Absolutely worth it. I got it on Amazon for close to $275 and to me it's the perfect balance of retaining comfort while making it feel more "sporty" (I hate that term, but it is what it is) and the drop is proportionate. I don't have any wheel clearance issues or any "low car problems" but there's less body roll and I feel like more control than stock.

My next step is sway bars as far as suspension goes, but that's a while off from now lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You may have convinced me to buy it
Absolutely worth it. I got it on Amazon for close to $275 and to me it's the perfect balance of retaining comfort while making it feel more "sporty" (I hate that term, but it is what it is) and the drop is proportionate. I don't have any wheel clearance issues or any "low car problems" but there's less body roll and I feel like more control than stock.

My next step is sway bars as far as suspension goes, but that's a while off from now lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts