Fiesta Faction banner

7801 - 7820 of 7853 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I first discovered this thread when the car was still under warranty so I couldn't join in the fun, but it recently came off warranty so I got to do a little work last month.

I installed: new Kicker speakers all the way around (minus the tweeters), the Ford Racing handling kit, OEM mud guards, OEM/Forscan fog lights, Hyper Ground wires, K&N air filter, and a stage 1 tune from Superchips. Overall, the car is much more enjoyable to drive. We don't drive it as much anymore since we got an all electric, but it's still a great little car.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
654 Posts
Quick edit on that, just saw the 1.0 mentioned elsewhere. :D

I'm torn between the Ford setup and upgraded KYB or Konis and keeping the stock height because of traveling up north on rutted dirt roads several times a year or so.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quick edit on that, just saw the 1.0 mentioned elsewhere. :D

I'm torn between the Ford setup and upgraded KYB or Konis and keeping the stock height because of traveling up north on rutted dirt roads several times a year or so.
The Ford kit just lowers the car to a normal height. I don't have any experience with the others though. I prefer progressives over coilovers because I hate bouncing all over the place.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quick edit on that, just saw the 1.0 mentioned elsewhere.

If you mean the Ford Racing Performance Pack setup then it’s 10mm lower than standard. It’s just the Euro/Asian suspension from the Zetec S/Sport models.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You will not go wrong with Konis. I'll eventually put em' on my 2017 SFE. I have had them on my last three cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Deleted Fords factory boost leak on my ecoboost, taking care of the boost oscillation/surging problem I was having. No idea why they set it up that way but boost is now consistent, zero surging. Once I get some more miles under its belt Ill share.. Best part is it cost all of 10$ and requires no tools.
Hey bo0stcreep, any update on fixing the factory boost leak?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ordered a replacement windshield. Should be here soon but we're off to Japan for three weeks. The original was cracked.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This past weekend I was able to fit a MFT system and the Sony stereo to my 1.0 hatchback. I haven't done any of the software modding yet, but the system fires right up and the stereo sounds much better than the standard version.

I had previously upgraded the speakers, so it feels like the Sony is just able to take advantage of them.

Next weekend I'll start tweaking the software to change settings to match the car, update firmware, and follow some instructions that claim to add GPS to the system. Hopefully something in this software process fixes the fact that I can't currently adjust the volume...

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
No volume adjustment? Hope it’s just software and not a bad unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hit the 100K mile milestone this weekend. Wife and I took a trip down to Newport, OR to celebrate our 6th anniversary. We actually got married there right before we moved to Maine (and just a bit after we bought our Fiesta). Car has performed flawlessly, save for some ******* work performed by an inept dealer service department that caused some ongoing issues a few years ago.

With a little work the car still looks much, much newer than it is. People always think it's 1-2 years old (2011) and they're always shocked when we tell them how old it is. Some elbow grease and maintenance combined with a few tasteful upgrades (tint, euro spoiler, FRPP kit and LED headlights outside and heated leather seats, Infinity speakers, illuminated door sills and shift knob and leather steering wheel inside) keeps it looking fresh.

We really have no reason to get rid of it and will just keep on trucking with her. We have talked about buying a new(er) car to get a few more creature comforts, but it's hard to find something we like that will give us that, plus keep the great parts of the Fiesta (good handling, excellent mileage and the ease of parking/getting around the city). Plus with wanting to buy a house in the PDX area, we don't want to eat into our savings/budget for a new car right now, so it looks like we'll keep on Fiesta-ing for the forseeable future, and I think I'll be okay with that.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hit the 100K mile milestone this weekend. Wife and I took a trip down to Newport, OR to celebrate our 6th anniversary. We actually got married there right before we moved to Maine (and just a bit after we bought our Fiesta). Car has performed flawlessly, save for some ******* work performed by an inept dealer service department that caused some ongoing issues a few years ago.

With a little work the car still looks much, much newer than it is. People always think it's 1-2 years old (2011) and they're always shocked when we tell them how old it is. Some elbow grease and maintenance combined with a few tasteful upgrades (tint, euro spoiler, FRPP kit and LED headlights outside and heated leather seats, Infinity speakers, illuminated door sills and shift knob and leather steering wheel inside) keeps it looking fresh.

We really have no reason to get rid of it and will just keep on trucking with her. We have talked about buying a new(er) car to get a few more creature comforts, but it's hard to find something we like that will give us that, plus keep the great parts of the Fiesta (good handling, excellent mileage and the ease of parking/getting around the city). Plus with wanting to buy a house in the PDX area, we don't want to eat into our savings/budget for a new car right now, so it looks like we'll keep on Fiesta-ing for the forseeable future, and I think I'll be okay with that.
Congrats! On both the milestone and the Ann.!

Agreed on the newer-than-it-actually-is comments. I'm passed 154k on my early build 2011.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Congrats! On both the milestone and the Ann.!

Agreed on the newer-than-it-actually-is comments. I'm passed 154k on my early build 2011.

Thanks my friend! Definitely good looking cars. Never saw many of them in Maine, but not surprising as it's mostly a pickup/suv state. Definitely see a LOT of Fiesta's here in Portland Metro, but very few of them look like the owner pays attention to them.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Busy weekend so far!

-Replaced the rear hub/ bearing assemblies.
-Finally modified the Fiesta ST rear brake shields to fit the Lapp Racing rear disc conversion kit I have.
-Test fit the 2015+ European Zetec-S rear valance to see what I had to cut to clear the ST exhaust tips.
-Installed the Mountune upgraded rubber exhaust hangers.
-Installed the Mountune rear motor mount.
-Changed the torn accessory belt.
-Fitted the Rola roof rack for this summer's activities.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This one is a cheap one from alibaba. It took some serious modding of the original internals to make it fit and work. It's a temporary job until I find a used 2015+ ford edge antenna in my color.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
I will keep my eye out thank you

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7801 - 7820 of 7853 Posts