Fiesta Faction banner

7821 - 7840 of 7853 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stock disks were warped @ 33k miles. Drilled and slotted weren't that much more than OEM, so figured why not!

Unfortunately with stock steelies & hub caps, you can't see that the breaks have been upgrade. Stopping performance does seems to be improved though. Can lock up the front on dry pavement @ 50mph. Tried several repeated aggressive stops without noticeable fade.

Overall pleased with the purchase.

Power Stop AR85136XPR:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stock disks were warped @ 33k miles. Drilled and slotted weren't that much more than OEM, so figured why not!

Unfortunately with stock steelies & hub caps, you can't see that the breaks have been upgrade. Stopping performance does seems to be improved though. Can lock up the front on dry pavement @ 50mph. Tried several repeated aggressive stops without noticeable fade.

Overall pleased with the purchase.

Power Stop AR85136XPR:

I'm running these on my car. I did a before and after put in the mountains, they are noticeably better, mind me if you said so hur what what pads are you running?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you cannot lock up your front brakes anytime, outside of ABS, means they are no good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm running these on my car. I did a before and after put in the mountains, they are noticeably better, mind me if you said so hur what what pads are you running?

I'm a bit ashamed to say, but I put the stock pads back on - they still had quite a lot of life left, and I'm not in a position to throw away good pads! Lol.

Made sure to go through the break in procedure included with the new rotors.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Took my `11 SES in for the Battery Junction Box service program.

Otherwise, been just driving it. Looking at shocks and struts before winter, most likely, though.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Back on the stock snowflakes - it's certainly been a while!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Went out the car last week...car would barely start. Got a boost and the cluster lite up like a christmas tree along with the Transmission fault warning on in the media screen. Drove it into the shop ( I work at a Ford dealer) Within an hour, brand new TCM and battery. TCM covered under warranty!!!!

Past few months,just regular maintenance, installed two steeda mods I got from a friend for my birthday in January. I got the Steeda battery tie down and Steeda Silicone intake tube that goes between the throttle body and intake box. Cleaned my K&N air filter and threw that back in.

Last week I installed a Focus ST clear third brake light to brake up all the red on the back. Not a bad mod for under $50.00!!!

Pics to come shortly!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
A couple of weeks ago a giant branch fell on the car, so insurance paid for a new paint job. While it was going to the shop I figured I may as well get an oem ford edge shark fin antenna and have them paint it.

I just picked up the car today and the antenna mounted fine, but the shop said the connector was different. I'll take a look myself this weekend to see what needs to be done.

New paint looks great though!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just close to a year ago i took the back seats out for fun and after a bit of time, I put the back seats back in. Gave the car a good vacuum and was going to wash it but it's gonna rain, no point.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
SOMEHOW blew out the reverse switch sensor on the transmission - spewed trans fluid ALLLLLLLLL down the underside and back the car.

So, at 156k miles, I gave the Fiesta it's first and probably only transmission fluid change while I was installing the new sensor.

A $10 part and $75 worth of Motorcraft Synthetic transmission fluid, lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, yesterday I finally got my fiesta back from the shop after 21 long days of not having it.

I’ve got to say the fiesta is a very rugged car. I was driving to work on a dirt road that’s maintained really well and hit a washout from a storm a few days prior at about 60mph. Car went airborne landed nose first and bounced back in the air to land on the nose again then all 4 wheels.

I ruined the front and back bumpers, headlights, radiator, struts, and transmission mounts and the shifter but that was all. No frame damage or anything defer to the car.

Both myself and my passenger didn’t have a scratch or anything not even soreness in out neck from the hard impact.

I was afraid I broke engine mounts bent or snapped the driveshaft etc but the car was “driveable” to work (not for long since it was pissing coolant) but it drove straight and ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm a bit ashamed to say, but I put the stock pads back on - they still had quite a lot of life left, and I'm not in a position to throw away good pads! Lol.

Made sure to go through the break in procedure included with the new rotors.
**** they're sitting in my stoptech box. I'ma actually end up upgrading again after I hit the tail

·
Registered
650 Posts
Installed new pads and rotors, checked rear brakes, flushed and bled brake system, had new tires installed. ~125k miles. Waiting on blend door actuator to arrive.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Meat Lovers mode for winter

·
Registered
650 Posts
Replaced the blend door actuator. I watched a couple of you tube videos where some young, skinny guy wrangled it out by just removing the steering column plastic. There was no way I was able to do it that way. Ended up removing the knee airbag and going that route. Not too bad of a job. Sure is a lot quieter inside now!

7821 - 7840 of 7853 Posts