Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to list what their occupation is? I'm sure others might find it interesting.

Me? I'm a graphic designer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
by day a medical biller by night a bookseller in a book store.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm a Technical Analyst. It pays the mortgage and I get to hang out where I'm definitely not the biggest dork. :cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm an illustrator and I work with another artist who does greeting cards, children's books and calendars, etc. and I'm also a yoga instructor.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
This is my opinion, people tend to judge you based on what you do for a living.

Still, I'll gladly tell you what I do. I run packaging equipment for a company that makes breakfast cereal. I can go home after work and say I packaged XXX pounds of cereal today.

Good Stuff Manard!

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Computer Support

Computer hardware/software support for a group of departments professors and specialized computer labs at a private university. I love my coworkers and my job can be pretty fun (from a nerdy perspective)!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Data analyst for a health insurance company. (Yes...I work for the dark side).

·
Registered
413 Posts
Independent Watkins Associate. I'm also thinking about taking a course to work as a temp tax preparyer...:)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Military aircrew on C130's for mostly SAR and LE's. I do alot of flying around in circles over the ocean.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my opinion, people tend to judge you based on what you do for a living.
True. But, they also judge you by the car you drive too. Personally, I could care less of what people think of me in either situation.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The job I get paid for is Certified Optician, but some of my unpaid jobs are mother, wife and Ambassador Girl Scout Leader.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Community College Adjunct Instructor and Assistant Cross Country/Track & Field Coach

Oh I used to do web/graphic design, so I might do a side job here and there

·
Registered
430 Posts
The job I get paid for is Certified Optician, but some of my unpaid jobs are mother, wife and Ambassador Girl Scout Leader.
I like how you mentioned your unpaid job :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Loss Prevention

I have a interesting job that involves looking for internal and external theft, so in other words, I put people in jail.

Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
A boater most days during the summer and skier during the winter!!! I know it's a hard life!!!!!!!!

I'm a retired Quality Engineering Supervisor from Ford.

I took the buy-out in 2007 (had 30 yrs). I started as a co-op student while at Wayne State University (went to school one quarter then worked one quarter).

So I was able to retire at an early age and enjoy life now vs. working at Ford those 12-14 hr days. I did enjoy it though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Monday thru Friday: Parts Manager for a marine and industrial diesel engine company.....Oh, all right, they call me that, but we're so Mom and Pop that I'm the whole parts department. Also the receptionist, shipping department, File clerk, and whatever else the boss doesn't want to do.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday nights ( 4 hours each ) and Sunday ( 8 Hours ):
Deli Clerk for a small Grocery chain that's part of a huge National Corporation.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Machinist

And since this car is for my wife, she is a floating teller, working at several different bank branches within a 30 mile radius. She drives to where she is needed. Thus the need for a sensible mpg vehicle.

1 - 20 of 478 Posts