Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making a living and what you do to live are totally different - so what gets you moving?

Me - racing sailboats. Mostly local stuff, longer races are less sleep, more work, more logistics and the party at the end is about the same so I'd just as soon sleep in my bed.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nascar Racing. As a spectator I wish I was actually a participant though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
What gets me moving

I need to read, crochet, sew, do research on the Internet, keep up with Facebook & Twitter friends and forums. I am planning on taking a basic tax preparation class over the next 10 weeks. I'm a "Jill" of all trades and a master (not mistress) of none but I'd be miserable without these activities and a few more that are not considered quite as mainstream. ;)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I enjoy participating in SCCA Solo (autocross) events and open track days.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
The "aud" amongst us...

Nerdy things that are likely rare amongst our members: video games (primarily PC), D&D/Pathfinder/White Wolf, read, experiment with tech related things when I can, and pine for my Fiesta!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Golfing, autocrossing, open track events, modifying my cars, and tinkering with some RC cars in my spare time. This summer seems to have slipped by with no autocrosses and only one trip to GingerMan Raceway with the FiestaMovement Fiesta.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Watch movies and play some video games on my home theater (10 foot screen 1080p :D ) play disc golf and play with my dog. She's uber excited about the new fiesta coming in, something new to take rides in!

Can't forget FOOTBALL!!! Watch My Sooners and try to watch as many of the Chicago Bears games as I can. Come basketball season I Thunder Up!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Science, engineering, inventing and building stuff. I've been taking stuff apart and making new things since i was 6 years old. I get paid to do the stuff I would do anyway and my employer gives me a couple labs and anice budget to support my hobbies. LOL

...it helps that I actually have built stuff that works and makes the company money.

Music, videos, driving, bicycling, hanging out with the wife are things I do when I'm not tinkering.

·
Registered
61 Posts
time

racing motocross at an amatuer level in the CRA ..this club is located in northern ohio...also love spending time at Cedar point amusement park home of the 120 mph top thrill dragster roller coaster....cruising up to bike nights on the 06' HD street bob........:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
I love speeding down Lake St Clair on a 31 ft twin screw Scarab going 70 MPH!!!!!:D

·
Registered
984 Posts
I love speeding down Lake St Clair on a 31 ft twin screw Scarab going 70 MPH!!!!!:D
Hey that is what Kid Rock likes to do also except he is in a Donzi.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
oh yeah I forgot to add karting. indoor karting to be specific.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rock climbing gets my blood pumping!

I used to road race my focus and I would love to get back into that, maybe in a simple, gutted Mustang. I have never done anything as exciting as road racing.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I enjoy plotting out a random course and going for a drive...

·
Registered
279 Posts
HEHE, actually, mountain biking, scuba diving, flying and
taking 90 degree turns in my new fiesta at 35 mph.

It's handling is really suprising.
Cloverleaf on/off ramps are always good around
70 to 75 mph too.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I do not recommend this.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts