1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
mine is a 5-spd manual hatchback SES 301A

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine is an SES with PowerShift, 301A; leather seats, exterior protection package...Lime Squeeze.:D:D:D

If other drivers can't see me they're blind and shouldn't be driving!

·
Registered
264 Posts
The way I read this is - I want nice features and good fuel economy. I don't want to choose between the two.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
SES 6speed with no addons

·
Registered
984 Posts
Black SES,Black Leather,301A,Powershift,Euro Spoiler,Still in Mexico

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not sure if I explained how our order went yet, but basically we ordered my wife a silver SE 201 with SFE package back in march. I was going to order one as well, but decided to wait for hers and so I could research it a bit more. She ended up getting a yellow blaze SES with moon roof the other day (she changed her order several weeks ago to one that had shipped). I was going to pick up the silver SE but this AM I decided I can wait a little longer and get the spec I would have ordered eventually anyway, called up the dealer and placed the new order:

SES Hatch
Candy Red Metalic
Powershift
301 A
Power moonroof

:D
Still gonna go look at the silver one when it comes in, but I'm happy with my decision to stick it out an extra month or so. (would be funny if the red one came in first!)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't have a lot of money for a new car but I do want one that is reliable, gets good gas mileage and that looks great, too!

I would have gotten the 202A package in order to get Cruise Control but my salesman and I overlooked it when we made the order. By the time I discovered that Cruise was an option and not a standard feature it was too late into the build process to change the order. I'll be adding cruise control as an after market mod.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
fully loaded, every option, but with a manual trans. I don't fit the "American" car buyer since I want something small, quick, outstanding handling, sexy design, tons of options, and I want to row my own cogs. The Fiesta fits my exact needs, but mine needs some work to bring the quick part back to the car. So many people I talk to see the manual gearbox and think I could not afford the auto. Weirdo's, if I spent $200k on a car, it would still have a manual.

I sometimes wish I would have got the sunroof, but it is extra weight in the worst possible spot. I also did not want to wait for it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The way I read this is - I want nice features and good fuel economy. I don't want to choose between the two.
Exactly what I say too. I've always loved small cars, but hated the fact that most were grouped into the "econobox" category...basically tin cans with wheels.

I've been envious of the kinds of small, premium cars available to Europeans. The Fiesta is a breath of fresh air in the North American market.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Red Candy SE Hatch 5spd manual with sport appearance and winter package.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was so happy to be able to get heated seats without leather in a small car with good fuel economy. I'll be even happier in 6 months.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Too Bad EcoBoost isn't available.

I am in love with my Fiesta, I just wish it had EcoBoost to help on the low end of the RPM guage. I am a very conservative driver, usually trying to keep the revs below 2500 and there is just not much there in that range, in this car. I find myself pushing it to get the power I was used to with my Focus, but that affects my MPGS........I want to average 38 to 40 in town. (If you call in town a 25 mile highway commute) from one side of the DFW metroplex to the other daily...we live DOWNTOWN, and the Funeral Home is 1.5 miles north of DFW Airport.

Right now I am averaging 35 MPG overall because I am pushing the Revs up to 3000 and for some reason, unless I use cruise this car really likes to cruise at 3000 RPMS...seems to be it's sweet spot (not MPG wise, but just where it likes to run) I have looked down several times to be doing 80, which is really easy because it is so smooth and so quiet.... which is not good going thru Las Colinas/Irving in the morning....those Pigs on bikes have their laser guns and they like to nail your butt.....so I use the cruise...........(yes I hate cops) the corruption in law enforcement down here is HUGE! It's all about revenue revenue revenue! Stop and harrass, not serve and protect! Anyway.....what is the opinion on EcoBoost being a future option?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Is North America ready for a fully loaded premium small car, or is the Fiesta just another econobox?
No surprise that the votes in an enthusiast forum (where people are here because they like the car) favor the well optioned models.

But the US market has been buying Mini Coopers and Honda Fits for a while, so there is a market for a nice small car, as opposed to small cars only being low-equipment "penalty boxes".

·
Registered
316 Posts
I went with an SES 301a. Only other option was the black leather seat. Have a moonroof on current car, just about never use it. The only real use I have for it is cracking it open on a hot day when I park it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was seeking rapid satisfaction.and willing to sacrifice

fully loaded, every option, but with a manual trans. I don't fit the "American" car buyer since I want something small, quick, outstanding handling, sexy design, tons of options, and I want to row my own cogs. The Fiesta fits my exact needs, but mine needs some work to bring the quick part back to the car. So many people I talk to see the manual gearbox and think I could not afford the auto. Weirdo's, if I spent $200k on a car, it would still have a manual.

I sometimes wish I would have got the sunroof, but it is extra weight in the worst possible spot. I also did not want to wait for it.
I am of the same opinion as Bryan on transaxle choice and not ordering a sunroof. And those reasons are weight and wait. This is the first small Ford I have ever purchased without a sunroof. I miss it. But, the A/C is very good and the lack of extra mass "up high" is good. I am happy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My husband and I just ordered a manual SES in Lime Squeeze with the upgrade package. We're not very patient, and are wishing we had made up our minds earlier so we could have had the car sooner!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ours (ordered for my wife) is an SE sedan with 201A and the SFE package. Of course, SFE means it's a powershift automatic as well. The powershift was the reason why we ordered this car. My wife drives for her job, and she won't drive a stick. Now she can join the 40 mpg club with an automatic. My wife dislikes hatchbacks. Her favorite comment about them is that they look like they have no butt. :eek:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts