Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When looking at the multifunction display and pressing the menu button, you get an Audio menu which has a "SCV" option. Does anybody know what this refers to? I played with the adjustment, but didn't notice any difference with anything, and there's nothing in the owners manual.

·
Registered
984 Posts
When looking at the multifunction display and pressing the menu button, you get an Audio menu which has a "SCV" option. Does anybody know what this refers to? I played with the adjustment, but didn't notice any difference with anything, and there's nothing in the owners manual.
I believe that adjust the volume of the radio based on vehicle speed and when you change the setting it changes how fast it reacts. I will play with it whenever I get a chance but that is way down my list for now.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
it's in the 2011 Fiesta Owner Guide 2nd Printing. download it at fordowner.com

• SCV: Scroll to select Speed Compensated Volume (SCV) and press
OK to enter the menu. SCV automatically adjusts the system’s
volume to compensate for speed and wind noise. You can set the
system between off and +7.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I thought that's what it probably was, but I haven't really been able to detect the difference and my owners manual says nothing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If it isn't doing anything that you can notice, turn the sensitivity up. I think default is 3; we've got it on 4 but I haven't driven the car yet, and SWMBO was too busy "flying the starship" to notice.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just turn mine to off because if I set the volume while driving it gets to soft when I stop.
If I set the volume when I am stopped then it gets to loud when I get up to speed.
I just set the volume where I want it to be and it is perfect for both because the Fiesta is quiet enough that the road and wind noise doesn't really effect the interior sound quality of the radio.
At least that is how it is for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts