Fiesta Faction banner

What is the status of your Fiesta order?

• I have *A* Fiesta in my driveway (it's not the one I ordered)

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • I have the Fiesta that I ordered and it's in my driveway/garage!

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • Ordered but not yet delivered or in transit.

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • Reserved but not ordered.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I did not reserve or order a Fiesta.

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • I gave up waiting for my reserved Fiesta.

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Reserved 2/11/10
Ordered 2/15/10
Built 6/8/10
Delivered 7/13/10

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Just ordered yesterday. In part 3 of this poll series I hope to pick option 2!

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Hopefully this new poll, with a more generous time before expiration, will help everyone get a clearer picture of where things stand.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Closes on September 30th, you say? Hopefully, with a bit of luck, things will be in place for me by then, and I can order. I'm guessing you only get one vote and can't change it, so I'll wait to do so.....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Shouldn't this thread and the other one have been put in the Polls and Survey section of the Fiesta Owners Lounge ?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
my Fiesta was:
Reserved December 4, 2009
Ordered March 5, 2010
Produced May 27, 2010
Delivered June 21, 2010

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shouldn't this thread and the other one have been put in the Polls and Survey section of the Fiesta Owners Lounge ?
I thought about it, and then realized a lot of people have been contributing here for this particular one. So, I just left this one here for now :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Original Car that I ordered :
Reserved 12/4/2009
Ordered 2/8/2010
Built 5/25/2010
Still in Mexico 8/5/2010
Gave up on ordered car and bought stock unit that dealer got exactly like the one that I ordered 7/28/2010
Car I got :
Built 6/30/2010
Delivered to Dealer 7/27/2010
Delivered 7/28/2010
Dropped off to SCT for programming testing 8/5/2010

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered April 15, 2010
Built May 25, 2010
First ETA June 28 2010
Second ETA August 3 2010
Delivery to dealer August 4 2010
Picking up on Saturday!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Not good. I have a source with access to the vehicle visibility report and they tell me that the vehicle arrived in Baltimore damaged. I'll be talking to my dealer about it today. I'm asking for my deposit back. :mad:

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Not good. I have a source with access to the vehicle visibility report and they tell me that the vehicle arrived in Baltimore damaged. I'll be talking to my dealer about it today. I'm asking for my deposit back. :mad:
If shipment and slowness of receiving the car is such a concern it's probably not the car for you anyway, in my own opinion. I think waiting a few extra weeks or months to get the right car is better than settling for another I don't love as much. It's such an expensive thing, to me, I have to love it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Reserved 12/5/2009
Ordered 3/13/2010
Built 6/9/2010
Gave up and bought a twin off the lot 7/26/2010
Received notice that my original ordered vehicle shipped 8/6/2010
$50 Gift card status - TBD...haha.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gift card is being sent to me next week and my car got moved from rail to sea and will arrive in Baltimore. Final destination Cincinnati by 8/20.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just found out my lime squeeze car is in baltimore after sitting in mexico for two months. I knew this would happen after buying the Magenta one last week but really... everyone at work says the Magenta fits me more and I do love the color. and again.. it WAS 1000 cheaper with nothing to really compromise on!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sitting in my drive way needing a carwash, I really need to get my windows tinted, its too hot.

Patiently waiting for a short shifter and some suspension mods. I want to firm up the suspension a bit.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well, I finally gave up today. The misinformation and the waiting were bad enough but the thing about the damage just tore it for me. This message I wrote to Sam De La Garza will explain things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As one of the biggest fans of the Ford Fiesta for more than two years now I never thought I'd be saying this but I canceled my order today.

I found out yesterday that my car (Vin #3FXXXXXXXXX) had arrived in Baltimore but was damaged. The dealer called all over the place to find out more about the car's status but could find no one who claimed to know anything about it. So I asked them to return my deposit and they agreed.

This was the final straw in a litany of problems I've had getting this car. It started back in spring when I heard of other Fiestas being scheduled for build but mine wasn't. I learned later that these early schedules were for Ford/Dealer employees, but no one told me that at the time, leading me to believe for a while that my order was mishandled.

Then my car was built May 24, but it sat and sat and sat, while hundreds of other Fiestas made their way to customers. I never got a good explanation why. My car was not on the Midwestern route affected by the tropical storm.

Finally, two weeks ago I get a call from "Peggy at Fiesta Program Headquarters" saying I would get a $50 mastercard for my troubles. But even that hasn't gotten to me yet (others on internet forums are also saying they haven't gotten their cards yet).

I have never seen such contempt for such an enthusiastic and devoted group of customers.

At this point I'm glad to have my deposit back but not sure where to go from here. I still like the Fiesta as a car but it's just too hard to buy one. Supplies are short and most of the cars advertised as being in dealer inventory are not really there. Plus, many dealers are adding markups or pre-loading accessories to the ones they do have. Finally, there was an unsubstantiated report of a whole bunch of Fiestas getting damaged while shipping on a boat. So, even if I do find a Fiesta I like at a good price how do I know it wasn't damaged too?

I am appalled at all of this and you should be too since someone as devoted to the Fiesta I was is having such serious doubts.

At the very least you owe a heartfelt apology to the folks at XXXXX Ford in XXXXX, XXXX. Believe me, they made their mistakes in this process too, but at least today they were on their game. Turning over every stone to try to track down my car and paying back my deposit. They had to endure a tirade from me because Ford Motor Company messed this up so badly.

I hope you do everything in your power to satisfy those who are still waiting for Fiestas. I think it means personally reaching out to them, giving an honest explanation why the car hasn't shipped, and working out alternate arrangements for those who won't be able to get their cars immediately. Otherwise I fear the Fiesta is doomed to become a victim of its own success.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be my last post on the Faction for a while. I'm lost and confused and really need to cool off before I figure my next move.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Powershift, I am just so sorry it has come to this. But I don't blame you for cancelling that reserved Fiesta - hearing it's damaged would have been the last straw for me, too. I hope you do eventually get one off the lot because they're great cars and you've invested so much heart in them. But I think everything you said in your letter was right - Ford really forced your hand by making the reservation system so problematic.

Just found out my lime squeeze car is in baltimore after sitting in mexico for two months. I knew this would happen after buying the Magenta one last week but really... everyone at work says the Magenta fits me more and I do love the color. and again.. it WAS 1000 cheaper with nothing to really compromise on!
Yeah, I got the automated email today that my reserved car was on its way to the dealer. Same day I hit 1,000 miles in my dealer stock fiesta. :D Given that the email usually means at least a month of waiting, I think I made the better choice, too.

1 - 20 of 649 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.