Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to compile the info thus far I have about wheels,

First, I bought the 17" M-1007-S177, they fit our car perfect.

I went with a 205/40R17 tire to fit the wheel because I plan on lowering it.

I also got TPMS-12 for the tire pressure sensor.

We activated the TPMS sensors by using the Ford tool and going through the key procedure to program them. However, weirdly enough the TPMS light wasn't on before that, even with the new sensors.

I went into the Ford computer, there is no listing to put a 17 inch wheel on the Fiesta yet to adjust the speedometer, it only goes to a 16 inch wheel in the computer, so I couldn't modify it. So I left that as is. I don't seem to notice it being off very much, but I plan on having one of my cop friends test me, lol.

Thus far this is the info I have, if I get anything else for anyone I'll let you know. When I get a chance I'll find out exactly what options can be changed in the computer and keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Here are the wheel + tire radius in mm:

185/60/15: 301.5mm (S/SE without SFE)
195/60/15: 307.5mm (SE with SFE)
195/50/16: 300.7mm (SES)
205/40/17: 297.9mm (your 17" wheel and tire size)

So your new wheel and tire size is about 1% smaller than the non-SFE sizes, and about 3% smaller than the SFE size.

Of course, variations between different models of tire can be that much, and the difference between new and worn-to-the-wear-bars tires can be 5mm to 6mm.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Another way to figure the difference is to get the spec for both tires used and look at the revolutions per mile spec and this will show you what difference to expect percentage wise also. Or if you want to figure the revolutions per mile yourself measure the outside circumference of both tires when aired up and take that measurement and convert it to feet using a decimal point if needed. Take that figure and divide it into 5280 feet ( the number of feet in mile ) and this will give you the number of revolution per mile for both tires.
You can also get the measurement of the outside circumference of the tires by putting a mark on the sidewall of the tire and another matching mark on the ground. Roll the car by hand until the mark goes all the way around and meets the ground again and make another mark on the ground. Measure the distance between the two marks and that is your outside circumference of your tire.
Then do the same math as before to get your revolutions per mile figure.
After getting the revolution per mile for both tires take the largest figure and subtract the smaller number. Take that number and divide it by the revolutions per mile number of the tire that you are going to have on the car and use and that will give you a decimal figure. Take that number and mulitply it by 100 and the number that results is the exact percentage of difference of the tires that you will be using.

Just looked up the stock Hankook tires for SES on Tirerack.com and they have a Revolution Per Mile spec of 876

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Another way to figure the difference is to get the spec for both tires used and look at the revolutions per mile spec and this will show you what difference to expect percentage wise also. Or if you want to figure the revolutions per mile yourself measure the outside circumference of both tires when aired up and take that measurement and convert it to feet using a decimal point if needed. Take that figure and divide it into 5680 feet ( the number of feet in mile ) and this will give you the number of revolution per mile for both tires.
1 mile is 5280 feet.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My plan with this post is to compile everything about fitment, technology, etc. for the Fiesta so we have a complete list for everyone to utilize. Once we have more stuff I'll edit my original post to reflect everything.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I know the size I'm using works very nice with no issues and is fun to attack corners with. :)

17X7 SVTF wheels with 215/40-17. I have a feeling the factory SVTF's size (45's) would have worked with only minimal occasional rubs but chose to go with the 40's just to be sure.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Don't expect a favorable remark on black wheels from this kid, sorry. I like the G253 with the blue accent, the G602 doesn't make me wanna puke too bad but would be nice in silver. Rota didn't have squat and neither did ADR. Didn't have time to look further.....site is kinda....well, exhausting.....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't expect a favorable remark on black wheels from this kid, sorry. I like the G253 with the blue accent, the G602 doesn't make me wanna puke too bad but would be nice in silver. Rota didn't have squat and neither did ADR. Didn't have time to look further.....site is kinda....well, exhausting.....
Some people like cake, some people like pie. I love black wheels, although not really into the blue accent. Too much going on for me. The wheels I ordered from Tirerack

has an offset of 45mm, which I hope brings it flush. Will see how I like the brushed lip and top after mounting...if I don't, will be painting all of it black. I think at the very least I will paint the lip black.

I went with 205/40/17's for tires because I wasn't sure if 215 would rub after lowering. If no problem, then my next set of tires will be 215. Pretty sure I read a post here with someone that did 215/40/17 and had some rubbing, but maybe it was 45's.

Just wish I could have found wheels more like this for the Fiesta

Love how it starts out on the edge and then concaves to the center. Other wheel goes out and then back in and then just drops to the center.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Some people like cake, some people like pie. I love black wheels, QUOTE]

Yeah, well I like to see what I'm eating, be it cake or pie, and I like both. Unless you're examining the car at 0-5 feet it's like it doesn't even have wheels when they're black.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts