Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know any good, cheap wheel spacer options for the 2012 fiesta? Can't find any hubcentric ones. And I'm sure I need that lol.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I don't believe those are hub centric with out center bore.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wheels have pretty much stock back spacing and offset. So yea. I want them to be out a little further.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
You are aware that any thing over 5-6mm will require longer studs.
Spacers will lower the wheel rate(springs) and affect braking and steering.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are aware that any thing over 5-6mm will require longer studs.
Spacers will lower the wheel rate(springs) and affect braking and steering.
Yea I'm aware of that. Not aware that it would affect the brakes.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
But I don't believe those are hub centric with out center bore.
Did you read the footnotes?
"These are Hub-centric flat disc type spacers which require the factory hub to center the wheels. Please measure to verify."
"Vehicle System Widening Per Side Part Num. Maximum Hub Height
FORD DRS / 10 20346331 11.00mm"

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Footnote
28 These are Hub-centric flat disc type spacers which require the factory hub to center the wheels. Please measure to verify."
I read somewhere else that the center bore was a different diameter than the one provided by those spacers.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
"These are Hub-centric flat disc type spacers which require the factory hub to center the wheels. Please measure to verify."
"Vehicle System Widening Per Side Part Num. Maximum Hub Height
FORD DRS / 10 20346331 11.00mm"
So the spacer would have to be less than 11mm as noted.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm just using generic 3mm spacers in the front to clear the calipers and I swapped in ARP wheel studs. Doesn't seem like such a crutch to run wheels you can't really buy anymore?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm just using generic 3mm spacers in the front to clear the calipers and I swapped in ARP wheel studs. Doesn't seem like such a crutch to run wheels you can't really buy anymore?
Sorry. What do you mean by this?

·
Registered
250 Posts
It was more in reference to the guy who called spacers a crutch.

If you mean my situation, my Koseis were touching the brake calipers so I used the smallest spacer I could to make them clear. Since I didn't feel comfortable doing this with the stock studs, I swapped out for ARP units.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A lot of people say it's a crutch and others say it's not an issue. I feel like it's one of those things where everyone wants to fight over it. For me, I just want my wheels to be flush with the fender and can't find any wheels with a decent offset so I will need to turn to spacers.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
It was more in reference to the guy who called spacers a crutch.

If you mean my situation, my Koseis were touching the brake calipers so I used the smallest spacer I could to make them clear. Since I didn't feel comfortable doing this with the stock studs, I swapped out for ARP units.
?:confused:

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I use a 1/8" spacer on the rear of my Mustang to gain wheel/tire clearance to the inner fender when using 9" wide wheels. The spacer is thin enough to allow the hub to still engage the wheel. I also run 4" long ARP studs, which gives me the option for spacer changes if I run 275 wide tires or larger.

Mustang June 2009 009 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I use a 1/8" spacer on the rear of my Mustang to gain wheel/tire clearance to the inner fender when using 9" wide wheels. The spacer is thin enough to allow the hub to still engage the wheel. I also run 4" long ARP studs, which gives me the option for spacer changes if I run 275 wide tires or larger.

Mustang June 2009 009 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr
Could you shoot me a link to those studs?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts