Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Fiesta Hatchback, ordered with regular/plain wheels, wanna get a set of black wheels, do i need to think about buying TPMS sensors too, or would i be able to use the originals?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a pretty mellow/non-distracting little amber light on my tach because I chose not to dismount my tires off wheels I provided that were recently mounted and balanced rims just to install those sensors. They don't even tell you which one is low and you can bet money that when any one of the batteries in them go, it won't be when you need tires. So there's another issue with either living with the light or having to dismount perfectly good tires to replace batteries.

Unless I was misled, the dealer said there was no warranty issue with not installing them either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
in my car (versa) i got new wheels and didnt replace the sensor becuase they wanted another 200+ bucks for newones for the new wheels, i said hell no and deal with the dash light, although i have since switched back to stock and the light is still on. I hate that they put the TPMS in all cars now cuz half the time they come on they never go back off unless you go to a dealer to have them reset them or something.

I HAVE heard that if you have the TPMS light on during an inspection they can give you crap/fail you for it? someone might need to chime in with experience but i havnt had to get mine inspected yet:confused:

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I did not use the sensors on my 17" wheels, and only rarely have a light on my dash. I have had my car for over a month, and I bet the light has only been on for 5 days out of 34. Since I swap wheels/tires for seasons, it made no sense to install an extra set of sensors for the summer. If I lived someplace where it did not snow, I would just install the sensors from the factory wheels and call it done. Not so easy for us who live with 100+ inches of snow a year.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
the sensors are awesome! Disco Tire mounted summer tires on my OE 16" wheels and when I got in the low tire pressure warning light was on. so I yell to the dude "hey my low tire pressure light is on. did you put 35 psi in them or what?" the dude says "35 psi? I thought this was a Focus and put 32 psi in them." GRRR... so I'm like "did you look at the sticker on the door?" and open the door and point at the sticker. So he fills them to 35 psi and the light goes out. I will get sensors if/when I get a second set of wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts