Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I refer to the Ford Fiesta-branded rubber floor mats and the locking gas tank "plug." Checked with the parts department at the dealership recently, their database still doesn't show either the floor mats or the locking plug as being available for purchase.

Harry

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you mean these, I have them and they are awesome. My dealer didn't have the rear cargo mat for the hatch area in stock, but told me it was available from whereever they get these things, but the front and back seat floor cargo mats are fantastic. They will be so easy to clean after bad weather.

The dealer kept calling them "cargo mats" if that helps.

2011 Ford Fiesta Accessories | View All 2011 Ford Fiesta Accessories | FordVehicles.com

(I'm glad you asked - I forgot to follow up about the rear cargo mat)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Cargo Area Protector, 5-Door
Part Number: 8A6Z-5811600-A

All-Weather Vinyl Floor Mats, Black
Part Number: BE8Z-5413300-AB

edit: there's also the super long foldable one that's nice for hatchbacks when you put the seats down (protects the backs of the seats) - it's reversable so you can have either carpeting facing up or the vinyl bottom facing up.
Carpeted Cargo Mat, 5-Door
Part Number: 8A6Z-5813046-AA

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you mean these, I have them and they are awesome. My dealer didn't have the rear cargo mat for the hatch area in stock, but told me it was available from whereever they get these things, but the front and back seat floor cargo mats are fantastic. They will be so easy to clean after bad weather.

The dealer kept calling them "cargo mats" if that helps.

2011 Ford Fiesta Accessories | View All 2011 Ford Fiesta Accessories | FordVehicles.com

(I'm glad you asked - I forgot to follow up about the rear cargo mat)
Meg, where have you been??

·
Registered
341 Posts
Meg, where have you been??
I was lurking - I've kind of run out of new stuff to talk about. Original car I ordered still in Mexico - mentioned 35 times. Sync is confusing - four times. Cargo Mats - mentioned 5 times. Thought I'd be over the disappointment at getting an automatic instead of a stick by now - twice, but I'm trying to dampen that down and not actually mention that too often. Acknowledging that only fans the flames.

I'm getting a little sick of hearing myself speak, actually. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I refer to the Ford Fiesta-branded rubber floor mats and the locking gas tank "plug." Checked with the parts department at the dealership recently, their database still doesn't show either the floor mats or the locking plug as being available for purchase.

Harry
I saw some of the OEM rubber floor mats on eBay a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thanks to you all for the helpful info. :) Going back to the dealership tomorrow and have them check again, see what they say now. Winter in MO is still a ways off yet, but when it does arrive it will probably be bad news just like every other winter we've gone thru living here.

I need to at least get the mats asap, to protect the front/rear carpeted versions that come standard on our SES.

Thanks again!

Harry

·
Registered
260 Posts
My thanks to you all for the helpful info. :) Going back to the dealership tomorrow and have them check again, see what they say now. Winter in MO is still a ways off yet, but when it does arrive it will probably be bad news just like every other winter we've gone thru living here.

I need to at least get the mats asap to protect the front/rear carpeted versions that came standard on our SES.

Thanks again!

Harry
Hey, Harry....I'm in Missouri, too! I'm just a bit north of Kansas City. I know of at least one other person from MO here on the forum. She's in KC.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just realized you also wanted the locking fuel plug.

Locking Fuel plug
Part Number: 8U5Z-9C268-B

it should be around $25
the rubber mats are around $95 (for the set of 4)
the cargo area protector is around $75
the long carpeted mat i mentioned is around $125

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Locking Fuel plug

it should be around $25
Thanks again!

The sooner I can get that locking plug the better. With this new capless system Ford has now, thieves don't even have to bother with first unscrewing a gas cap to get at the tank. There's a certain amount of theft around here these days when it comes to gas, so anything that will stop thieves (or at least slow them down) is definitely worth the small extra amount of money it costs.

Harry

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey, Harry....I'm in Missouri, too! I'm just a bit north of Kansas City. I know of at least one other person from MO here on the forum. She's in KC.
Looks like we Missourians are well-represented here in the forum! :) Btw, how's the Fiesta supply up your way? I've talked to people from all over the state and they tell me the same story, that Fiestas on their dealership lots are still scarce. Hope that situation changes, soon!

Harry

·
Registered
508 Posts
The sooner I can get that locking plug the better. With this new capless system Ford has now, thieves don't even have to bother with first opening a fuel door on the body to get at the tank. There's a certain amount of theft around here these days when it comes to gas, so anything that will stop thieves (or at least slow them down) is definitely worth the small extra amount of money it costs.
Wouldn't it just be easier to replace the capless, um cap, with a regular locking gas cap?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cars.com is showing 28 Ford Fiestas within 30 miles of my zipcode here in the KC area. That doesn't mean they are all here but there should be at least 10 on the lots.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks like we Missourians are well-represented here in the forum! :) Btw, how's the Fiesta supply up your way? I've talked to people from all over the state and they tell me the same story, that Fiestas on their dealership lots are still scarce. Hope that situation changes, soon!

Harry
Yes, they're still kind of scarce but more and more are making their way into the KC metro area. There are several to be found if you do an inventory search on the Ford website. The dealer I got mine from had a Magenta hatch available and a white sedan that was waiting for a customer pick up. They're a larger dealership and they only had those two plus the one I bought.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, they're still kind of scarce but more and more are making their way into the KC metro area. There are several to be found if you do an inventory search on the Ford website. The dealer I got mine from had a Magenta hatch available and a white sedan that was waiting for a customer pick up. They're a larger dealership and they only had those two plus the one I bought.
How're you liking that Lime Squeeze finish on your Fiesta? That's what we ordered too for our SES which, hopefully, will be here in a few days.

Harry :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
How're you liking that Lime Squeeze finish on your Fiesta? That's what we ordered too for our SES which, hopefully, will be here in a few days.

Harry :)
It's brilliant. I Love it! I'll post pix in the next day or so. NLC-KC up thread a bit is the other KC gal here. She's got the Lime Squeeze too.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Cargo Area Protector, 5-Door
Part Number: 8A6Z-5811600-A

All-Weather Vinyl Floor Mats, Black
Part Number: BE8Z-5413300-AB

edit: there's also the super long foldable one that's nice for hatchbacks when you put the seats down (protects the backs of the seats) - it's reversable so you can have either carpeting facing up or the vinyl bottom facing up.
Carpeted Cargo Mat, 5-Door
Part Number: 8A6Z-5813046-AA
You can order all of these from Team Ford in Las Vegas (702)395-5150. We also give wholesale discounts to all Fiesta Faction members (Yes I will be paying my $25 a month for commercial plugs)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can order all of these from Team Ford in Las Vegas (702)395-5150. We also give wholesale discounts to all Fiesta Faction members (Yes I will be paying my $25 a month for commercial plugs)
Thanks, Bill. I copied your post for reference, may be doing some business with you here in a bit.

Harry

·
Registered
57 Posts

Locking Fuel plug

it should be around $25
Thanks so much for this info. I have had my car almost a week and it took me more than 5 days to realize the fuel area was pretty much open to anyone. The part number is helpful, but I really wish they could have just made a locking cover (not cap) as a standard feature.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts