Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get mine, I am planning on leaving it plain for awhile, then maybe early next year, get the ninja graphics, or the popular dots. Of course in white. Also, are any of you worried about them peeling prematurely?

·
Registered
343 Posts
When I get mine, I am planning on leaving it plain for awhile, then maybe early next year, get the ninja graphics, or the popular dots. Of course in white. Also, are any of you worried about them peeling prematurely?
I'm waiting to see what stripes are available... the site says 2012..

incase anyone is looking for it, here's the site:
http://www.fordcustomgraphics.com/fiesta.php

·
Registered
343 Posts
I see it says the stripes will be available July 2010. If I understand Ford, I believe July actually means October.:rolleyes:
october, 2012 - 2 months before the end of the world

·
Registered
343 Posts
it now says September 2010.. I wonder if it will move to November 2010 once mid October hits? ;P

·
Registered
260 Posts
At first I was excited about the idea of graphics on my car but I'm disappointed in how they look on the Lime Squeeze color. IMO, the colors of the graphics are too primary and don't compliment the green well. I wish the graphics were translucent so some of the car's body color would show through.

·
Registered
508 Posts
At first I was excited about the idea of graphics on my car but I'm disappointed in how they look on the Lime Squeeze color. IMO, the colors of the graphics are too primary and don't compliment the green well. I wish the graphics were translucent so some of the car's body color would show through.
3M makes a wide array of films in a wide array of colors including metallics. I bet that if you work with a local custom graphics shop you can come up with something pretty awesome on your own.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Stripes

I had my stripe man place a 6 inch matte black stripe/0.25 inch stripes on both sides of big stripe on the driver side hood/roof/hatchback along with placing clear vinyl on back bumper top so as not to scratch paint when carrying stuff in the hatchback. The vinyl that Ford sells (in their mud flap/bumper protection accessories) is too small to help much!

I got the idea about a year ago from pictures of the European Ka Grand Prix.

I have the Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-Coat color (which my Fiesta Rep highly recommended to me when I placed my pre-order). I just love the color (not many have it)!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Racing Stripes and other graphics

I'm waiting to see what stripes are available... the site says 2012..

incase anyone is looking for it, here's the site:
http://www.fordcustomgraphics.com/fiesta.php
So, in my continuing search for cool stuff I've also been looking at the graphics. I don't see anything on there about "September 2010" or 2012.

But there are Racing Stripes!

Has anyone checked into this to find out what it would cost to have these Racing Stripes installed?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Another option for stripes that looks really good is to use some of that clear matte finish film and make ghost stripes. I was talking with XPel about doing twin Shelby stripes over the top of my Fiesta in matte clear. I had also thought about having the Fiesta logo cut in the matte clear and put on the hood and sides, much like the Steeda and FRPP show cars. I find the matte clear to be a less aggressive and more classy option to the Ford wraps.

·
Registered
984 Posts
So, in my continuing search for cool stuff I've also been looking at the graphics. I don't see anything on there about "September 2010" or 2012.

But there are Racing Stripes!

Has anyone checked into this to find out what it would cost to have these Racing Stripes installed?
I wouldn't pay 500 + install charges for sticker stripes I can get them painted on for that much or just a little more and they will last a whole lot longer.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Yellow paint with black Hex graphics and a plate that says "Bumble B" or some variant would be so fun to me, but more expensive than I can do right now.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Last quotes I saw for painting twin stripes on a S197 Mustang was around $1800. Vinyl is a good option, but it doesn't last very long. I had Modern Image Signworks do my ZX3 and after a few years, it was looking warn. The vinyl shrinks over time and leaves adhesive behind. The dirt sticks to the adhesive. The decals also get water damaged easily, even with lots of coats of wax to protect them. Paint is expensive, but the way to go in the long run. If you want something for a short time, vinyl is perfect.

Here is my ZX3 with graphics from Modern Image Signworks

Racetech Ford Focus by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

·
Registered
58 Posts
Last quotes I saw for painting twin stripes on a S197 Mustang was around $1800. Vinyl is a good option, but it doesn't last very long. I had Modern Image Signworks do my ZX3 and after a few years, it was looking warn. The vinyl shrinks over time and leaves adhesive behind. The dirt sticks to the adhesive. The decals also get water damaged easily, even with lots of coats of wax to protect them. Paint is expensive, but the way to go in the long run. If you want something for a short time, vinyl is perfect.

Looks good, do you know what grade vinyl they used? Quality vinyl will hold its color and quality 8-10 years. The only issue I had in the past was the paint looked better where the decal used to be.

·
Registered
949 Posts
When I see a striped Fiesta, I will make a photo and post it here.

As for now, you'll have to do with this mk2 EuroFocus that I saw the other day.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Stripes

My stripe man did my car (matte black that won't fade & is hard to stain) plus added vinyl on the rear bumper (so as not to scratch it while putting stuff in the hatch) for $300.

Ford Custom Graphics wants $500 just for the stripes!!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I have the Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-Coat color (which my Fiesta Rep highly recommended to me when I placed my pre-order). I just love the color (not many have it)!!!!!!!!!
recommended because it is a markup and rare because it is a markup. ;b I love it too though (but didn't order it myself).

·
Registered
447 Posts

you dont happen to know a todd rasmussen, do you? i think i see his car in one of your flickr pics.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
you dont happen to know a todd rasmussen, do you? i think i see his car in one of your flickr pics.
Yep, I know Todd very well. He was around when I put the graphics on the car, in fact, one of my Flickr pics has him sitting around while I was putting them on. Todd and I have been friends for over 10 years now.

Mike, I am not sure what grade vinyl was used. The package was split half between Modern Image and a local source. The color stayed, but it shrank around the edges causing dirt to stick to the adhesive. The car also lived outside for its entire life. My Mustang has vinyl that was put on 15 years ago and still looks good.

Marc, the graphics on the Fiesta ST keep begging me to try those on my car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts