Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Steeda Tri-ax in my Mustang and really liked it.
I was wondering what you guys will get or maybe already got for the Fiesta.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm waiting for just about anybody to release a short shifter, a lot of short shifters cause a rattling so I want some reviews before I get one. I already ordered the black leather shift knob, tired of plastic.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't like the plastic one either.
I'll wait until I move.

I heard they sell some car stuff in Mooresville, NC. :)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Steeda/FRPP Shifter all the way! I have used them on both of my Focuses, installed one in my brother's Focus, and have outstanding luck with their shifters. I have a number of friends have B&M's and they all broke. My Mustang uses a hybrid short throw, which is a Hurst base mated to a modified SVO handle, bushings removed, and the handle reshaped for me. If the Hurst base ever gives me an issue, I am planning on a Tri-X for that as well.

I am also planning on a FSWerks lower torque mount to help stabalize the engine while shifting and it also transmits a little extra NVH back into the cabin. A little NVH is nice.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have the black leather aluminum knob and will probably get the Steeda short throw lever whenever it becomes available.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Quick question. How do you replace the shift knob on this thing?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
you remove the bezel, lift the boot then unscrew the knob. there is a ring to secure the boot to the knob that is replaced with the new knob.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
We will have a shifter for the Fiesta soon... Possibly with adjustable height like our Focus shifters. Stay tuned!
I would be willing to give a CFM adjustable shifter a try instead of the Tri-X. The FRPP/Steeda one I checked out at one of the auto shows was almost too short for my liking. Stock is way too tall with very long throws. Please let us know when you start up production as I am looking for something better than a stock shifter.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I saw this morning that Ford Racing has a pic of their shifter. If the shifter includes an entire new base assembly, the $200.00 price is more justified. I was expecting it to be just a rod like the Focus uses. The redesigned base creates a much more substantial assembly, so I can understand the increased cost. I wish they had more specs on what was different.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Looks to be the same as the FRPP shifter, which is good since I have been 100% happy with every Steeda/FRPP shifter I have ever used and installed. The price seems high, but since it is the complete assembly, it is actually reasonable. I was used to buying only the handle and not the entire assembly. I am sure the Tri/X for the Fiesta will be as good as the ones for the Mustang and Focus.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would love to get one of these but I am trying not to spend more money on the car till I actually get it in my driveway.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
the shifter is looking really tempting! I have not kept the stock shifter in anything I have owned.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Would like pictures of this installed, does it come with a different boot? Or do you use the stock boot and look like little boy trying to fit in dad's clothes?

·
Registered
430 Posts
For those of you who have swap shifters, is it an easy install?

·
Registered
37 Posts
You reuse the boot. We have a Fiesta here now that had the shifter put in today. I'll see if I'm able to snap a photo.

Its a very easy install btw.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks to be the same as the FRPP shifter, which is good since I have been 100% happy with every Steeda/FRPP shifter I have ever used and installed. The price seems high, but since it is the complete assembly, it is actually reasonable. I was used to buying only the handle and not the entire assembly. I am sure the Tri/X for the Fiesta will be as good as the ones for the Mustang and Focus.
The shifter is fully designed in-house and made in-house by Steeda directly. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Shifter! I must say that this car reminds me of my civic tuning days of the later 90's. Those were some good times. I went from a 67 chevy, an 87 notch back lx 5.0 that ran 12's all day then I hit up the little Honda civic. The little car was so much more fun to toy with. The first thing I did before it even had 10 miles on it was put in the momo shifter. God that thing was so cool looking at the time. Held it's own for 5 years in that car. The only pain was it didn't like the APC short throw shifter to much.

I must say this car is bringing back some old tuner dreams. Kind of fun.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts