Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Besides the gorgeous Yellow Blaze and Red Candy hues, what other color(s) do you think would have done well in the extra-cost column? I think Lime Squeeze and Blue Flame would also have had more than a few takers digging a little deeper down in their pockets. Personally, we would have almost certainly paid extra for Lime Squeeze Metallic had it been necessary to do so (Thank You, Ford!).

And speaking of the 2011 Fiesta's 9-color palette, I still don't understand why Orange Peel Metallic wasn't offered at the very least as an optional color. It started out as a "possible" standard finish early in 2010, and then was removed from all consideration right around the time the preorder campaign got underway in earnest.

Harry

·
Registered
160 Posts
Besides the gorgeous Yellow Blaze and Red Candy hues, what other color(s) do you think would have done well in the extra-cost column? I think Lime Squeeze and Blue Flame would also have had more than a few takers digging a little deeper down in their pockets. Personally, we would have almost certainly paid extra for Lime Squeeze Metallic had it been necessary to do so (Thank You, Ford!).

And speaking of the 2011 Fiesta's 9-color palette, I still don't understand why Orange Peel Metallic wasn't offered at the very least as an optional color. It started out as a "possible" standard finish early in 2010, and then was removed from all consideration right around the time the preorder campaign got underway in earnest.

Harry
Yellow Blaze Metallic is really "Yellow Blaze Tinted Clearcoat"
Red Candy Metallic is really "Red Candy Metallic Tinted Clearcoat"

That's the only reason they're extra. Lime Squeeze isn't a tinted clearcoat, and doesn't require any extra paint processes so shouldn't be extra charge.

What I want, however, is Mustang's Race Red. I only want a red car if it's bright "pull-me-over" red.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would have paid extra for the yellow if it hadn't been metallic (think Ferrari yellow) or the European Vision Blue but I'm not sure I would have paid extra for the Lime Squeeze I got unless it had been less than $150 extra.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I refuse to pay extra for a paint color unless it's something like matte black and/or it absorbs radar :)
Ford UK charges £675.00 for "Hot Magenta Pearlescent" so I'm happy that "Bright Magenta Metallic" is $0.00 in the US.

It would have been awesome if Ford called it "Ultra Violet"

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
I think in most of Europe you pay extra for the metallic paints....

I really think that considering the metallic paints actually DO cost more to produce you should have to pay more, even in the USA. It's not fair to customers that choose nonmetallic selections.

·
Registered
260 Posts
light blue

Several months ago, when I was looking around the internet for info on Fiestas, I saw a Euro version of the car in a gorgeous light blue, like a robin's egg blue. I don't know the official name of that color but I wish we could have had that one here in the US.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think in most of Europe you pay extra for the metallic paints....

I really think that considering the metallic paints actually DO cost more to produce you should have to pay more, even in the USA. It's not fair to customers that choose nonmetallic selections.
Except for Oxford White (which won't be around much longer) and Race Red/Grabber Blue on the Mustang, all Ford's colors are metallic.

Several months ago, when I was looking around the internet for info on Fiestas, I saw a Euro version of the car in a gorgeous light blue, like a robin's egg blue. I don't know the official name of that color but I wish we could have had that one here in the US.
Would you like the Light Ice Blue Metallic on the Fiesta?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't think paint should be an extra cost option on any car

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Except for Oxford White (which won't be around much longer) and Race Red/Grabber Blue on the Mustang, all Ford's colors are metallic.

]
While I was surfing the Startseite Ford-Werke GmbH | Ford Deutschland site I was pretty sure that they had a few non metallics available white, dark blue, and racing red..they all were no cost options on the Fiesta...while all the metallics were extra cost , with some being a bit more than others..by a couple of hundred bucks....

From a wear standpoint the solid colors except red will fair better.

Metallic colors have almost always been extra cost options, even in the USA up til the late 80s I think .On most imports anyway.Not sure about domestics .

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've never really liked metallic paints myself. If they did a grey like this

I'd probably have choosen grey over the oxford white, even if it cost a little extra.

·
Registered
160 Posts
While I was surfing the Startseite Ford-Werke GmbH | Ford Deutschland site I was pretty sure that they had a few non metallics available white, dark blue, and racing red..they all were no cost options on the Fiesta...while all the metallics were extra cost , with some being a bit more than others..by a couple of hundred bucks....

From a wear standpoint the solid colors except red will fair better.

Metallic colors have almost always been extra cost options, even in the USA up til the late 80s I think .On most imports anyway.Not sure about domestics .
Yeah, I should have meant Ford NA. I just meant that if Ford charged extra, only Oxford White would be "free" and that soon Oxford White will probably be replaced by White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic, which would leave most of Ford with no non-metallic colors.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
It's not that I don't like the colors themselves it is the wear issues that come from metallics ...usually they are much less resistant to UV and overall wear than solid colors in general...

I wouldn't even consider a metallic white....I don't like the look.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That's the Vision Blue I was speaking of.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Harry
When I was researching the Fiesta (before I bought it) I found a
picture of an Asian one in a color that they called (if I remember
correctly) Sunburnt Orange.
I thought that color looked fantastic on the car.
So, when I saw the colors they were offering in the U.S., I too
wondered why they didn't offer the orange.
I love the Red Candy that I have on my Fiesta.
But, if they had offered THAT orange, I think I would have gotten
it instead of the red.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
I don't think paint should be an extra cost option on any car
Some paint costs the manufacturers more, and some require extra steps or time to apply. You don't think they should be allowed to charge for that? :confused:

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
To answer the original question: I wouldn't. It'd pick a different color. I do like the Euro blue better though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Some paint costs the manufacturers more, and some require extra steps or time to apply. You don't think they should be allowed to charge for that? :confused:
Paint should not be an "option" on a new car, although I could see if, say, they used plain solid colors on a lower lever model line and metallic (or ??) paints on an upper trim level. Maybe the 'S' trim line comes in solid colors and the 'SES/SEL' gets metallic. Paint, like a steering wheel and spare tire, should be included.

If the customer wants it custom painted some other way, he can take it to a body shop and do as he wants.

·
Registered
324 Posts
After thinking a bit, I want to make sure that I don't come off as sounding like I am trying to convince anyone else. This is my opinion only, and this is the way my own money will be spent (or not). Just one customer's opinion. I really like the Red Candy color on the Fiesta, but when I saw that it costs extra, I ordered a blue one because I choose not to pay extra for paint.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
When I was researching the Fiesta (before I bought it) I found a
picture of an Asian one in a color that they called (if I remember
correctly) Sunburnt Orange.
I thought that color looked fantastic on the car.
So, when I saw the colors they were offering in the U.S., I too
wondered why they didn't offer the orange.
I love the Red Candy that I have on my Fiesta.
But, if they had offered THAT orange, I think I would have gotten
it instead of the red.
I was ready to go with either orange or green but was really hoping they were going to give us orange. I expect they will offer an orange for 2012. The Lime Squeeze is great though and in 9 or so years from now, maybe I'll get that orange car. As for paying extra - I might have payed up to $200 for either color.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts