Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Auto-X yes, road coursing, I'll leave that for my motorcycle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would be interested in doing it, but have never auto-x before.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'll be autoxing mine next year as a winter/rain autocrosser but I don't think I'll campaign it seriously as I'm not yet convinced that it will be a competitive HS car. I raced in HS in '04/'05 with an HS Audi and I don't think the Fiesta is there unless more miles + a performance exhaust significantly increases the power. Sure handles good though so it should so well in the rain.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I will probably take my Fiesta autocrossing a few times, and also take it to GingerMan for open track stuff. My Mustang is my primary open track/autocross car, but sometimes its fun to have the Fiesta on track. I ran both my Mustang and the Fiesta Movement Fiesta last year.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I'm looking forward to chasing Mustangs at the next track event :) I run with the Shelby Club [mostly Mustangs] because they are really organized and strict concerning safety and limit their events at Waterford Hills to 50 cars in four run groups [A,B,C,D] so you have room and get plenty of track time.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
If Darius (Black Fox Mustang) or Mike (red 82 Mustang GT) are running, tell them I say hi. Those guys run with the Motor City SAAC/SVTOA for open track events and have been a huge help with building my Mustang. Sadly with the schedual this season, I won't be able to make it to any autocrosses. Hopefully next year.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Oh yeah Darius is the competition director :) I'll tell him and Mike "hi" at the next track day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like that autocross was at Belle Isle? Who was running that event and when was it? I've missed quite a few this year and have been meaning to get out. Would have been sweet to see your fiesta run.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i would love to if i could find the time, never got around to it with my old car either :/

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
AutoX'd the Focus and loved it. Definitely want to hit up another event in the spring with the Focus or Fiesta. It makes it easier that the tires I was using for the Focus will fit the Fiesta as well :)

On a handling note.... has anyone noticed how the Fiesta 'bites' when you turn quickly? Don't know if I can fully explain it and I'm sure there is a correct term for it. Like on long sloping corners the Fiesta can hug the line, but past a certain degree on the steering wheel the little thing wants to dive right off at a right angle. I like that it's so eager to get me around the corner, but I'd like it to pay attention a little more, heh.

I've only ever felt a little bit of a roll in the body - nothing a firmer set of springs and little drop won't fix. Nice ridged chassis to begin with.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
auto cros etc

Next summer I plan on auto cross and maybe a track day.
Might even ice race it this winter when I get the Blozzaks on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i haven't done either but i'm planning on running my fiesta at some track days and slowly work some mods into the car and see where it goes from there.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts