Fiesta Faction banner

Why haven't you bought a Fiesta yet?

• I'm just looking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm still gathering information to make my decision.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I don't need a new car right now.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I can't afford a new car right now.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I never buy the first year of any car.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I'm waiting on a high-performance version.

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're here, you must be interested in the Fiesta, even if just a little bit. So, if you haven't opened the checkbook yet… why not?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Because Ford is trying their hardest to prevent me from buying one.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was really going to pull the trigger on a SE Hatch 203A in Lime Squeeze, but recently a 2001 Ford ZX2 was offered to me with 42,000 on it, so I couldn't say no. It'll be another 3-4 years before I'm ready now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Because Ford is trying their hardest to prevent me from buying one.
That's my issue as well. I'm standing here waving the $$$, but Ford just can't seem to get a set of keys into my hand.

I think that option should be included in this poll.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
That's my issue as well. I'm standing here waving the $$$, but Ford just can't seem to get a set of keys into my hand.

I think that option should be included in this poll.
I think so also. Not only is Ford excluding us from the Fiesta family, but now the Faction is leaving us out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Irrespective of delivery issues, I really was counting those that hadn't yet taken delivery as having already purchased. Because you already made your decision to buy one.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mine arrived late July. If you wait, selection will get better and deals will get better. If you got the cash and want one and you find what you want, go buy it and don't look at the prices again.

It is a great little car. Other than back seat room, it is at least as good or better than my '04 Toyota Matrix was. Quieter, handling way better. Even assembly quality is better.

·
Registered
241 Posts
First off, I fell in love with the Verve when I first saw in nearly three years ago. Then when Alan Mullaly made it official for the US in 2008, I became a Hardcore Fiesta Junkie. A day didn't go by that I didn't try to find some news about the car and it's impending arrival.

My day job pays for the usual bills plus the garage where I keep my Cougar, and a bit of fun.

My second job is to fund my Life Savings, the Cougar's Resto-mod, and the Fiesta.

Our Labor Contract for Job 2 expired last month, and the company would really like us to either give up a whole lot, or preferably just go away.

If we get a new 3 year contract, one of my first actions will be to order the Fiesta. But Since my Focus has performed flawlessly, and only has 72000 miles, I've chosen "I don't need a new car" as the most appropriate response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Because I just drove a Mazda 2... and I can't find a std trans Fiesta hatch

Backround:

I have a 2000 Focus ZX3, I am the original owner. I like to have fun when I drive, I have several RallyX awards including a 2nd place in the first national event in Hastings Nebraska.

I have been trying to get Ford to sell me a replacement hatchback worthy of the Fun/$$ factor that I've gotten out of the Focus ZX3 for several years now. When the announcement that the European Fiesta was coming over here I was thrilled - finally my wait was over.

Ok, I can't blame Ford for the floods and the railway problems. As a person interested in Rally Racing I fully understand Force Majeure (conditions out of the control of normal humans).

So when I finally got to drive a Fiesta (Sedan, Automatic) I knew that it wouldn't be the same as the Focus. I also knew it wouldn't be the same as the manual transmission, or the hatchback body style. What I didn't expect was just how truly "pig-like" the body roll would be, and how 2000 Suzuki-Esteem-like the engine noise would be, and how under-powered the little 1.6L engine would seem in that tiny sedan.

I know, I'm speaking heresy here.

I told myself, just wait, you happened to get the one Fiesta with a loud, under-powered motor, combined with some sort of shock absorber defect. Wait for a hatchback with a standard transmission, that's what you want anyway, just be patient.

That was two months ago.

I have since driven the Mazda 2 hatchback in both the automatic and the standard transmission. They are both nimble, they are both fast (for a 1.5L engine), and they are both quiet. And frankly I like the simpler stereo layout and A/C controls better.

I've gone so far as to fill out the loan application form at my local Mazda dealership, then told them that I need to wait until October for financial reasons.

Ford, I've waited three years for a replacement hatchback, I've been begging for a Fiesta hatchback with a standard transmission for me to test drive (somewhere within 2hrs drive time), you have a little over two weeks left to change my mind. Don't blow it, I really like my local Ford dealership and have had great experience with my ZX3.

Don't make me go to Mazda. Not that I'm kicking and screaming against the Mazda 2, it fulfills my wishlist almost perfectly, I just want to give Ford every last chance to keep my business.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are they allowing leases yet? On my ford brochures and on the website there is no information on it. Not sure I want to buy one yet, and the SVT probably won't arrive until it is released as a 2013 model, I'm guessing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have money in my pocket and I want to buy one but I don't want to order one, I want to buy one off the lot and the inventory just isn't there yet.

I want a fully loaded Silver SES Auto but there aren't any available in the Atlanta area yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm waiting for a Fiesta ST...

Actually, it's more like this...
Fiesta ST, Polo GTI, and Mazdaspeed 2
The first available for me to buy (as long as it's not a complete disappointment) wins.
Though, they are listed in my order of preference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No 3 door

The main reason that I'm not getting a new Fiesta, to keep my 1980 "S" company, is that Ford (in their wisdom) has not and is not bringing in the 3 door.
The European 3 door version looks much sportier than the 5 door model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Waiting on FORD

I have two dealers trying to get me a Fiesta SE w/ 202A and 6 speed auto trans. Both dealers have existing orders for stock inventory, and the car should be in any day now. One dealer says their car is in Baltimore the other dealer can't (or won't) get me the vehicle's location. FORD's not making any commitment to an actual delivery.

I'm getting frustrated! :confused:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Actually several of these options apply to me. The main one being money. While technically I do have it, I need to pay for college first, and it remains to be seen if there'll be anything left over after that.

My current car (2005 Mazda3 hatch) is also serving me really nicely - I enjoy driving it, it's reliable and it gets decent gas mileage. Still only 67,000 miles too so it's got a lot of life left in it. The only things I don't like about it are the cosmetic issues (some from the previous owner, who I believe was in a minor accident and the repair work wasn't 100% perfect) and the road noise, which I think might be due to a bent wheel (but even if it were fixed it wouldn't be as refined as a Fiesta). But even so, it's a very good car, and I'm happy with it for the time being. Once I can justify it I'll order a Fiesta (or, if I'm really well-off, a Focus). But not until I've graduated college at least.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is a few reasons why I don't have one yet.
1. The DCT seems to have a few bugs. The low speed shudder
from a dead stop. Driving then hitting the brakes and then on
the gas again the trany can't find the right gear.

2. The no arm rest. I know they sell 2 on the aftermarket. One with a
slide out cup holder. The arm rest covers the two cup holders
and If I want to use the sliding cup holder then how am I gonna
fit arm on it? I have a cup of coffee in my hand 24-7.

3. Seems like a few people had problems with engine oil leaks
and also rear shocks.

4. check engine light comes on.

5. Sun glare on the windshield from the dash.

6. Its so hard to find the one I want blue flame hatch ses
Rapid spec 301a, 6 spd auto, moonroof, black leather.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

and also rear shocks.

1: I can understand that. It's not a common trans type, for all I know it could be common, and it's one of those things you have to get used to, like the lack of a defined shift in a CVT.

2: I'm 6'4" and have the seat one notch from all-back. I thought the armrest would be an issue, but I find my hand resting either on the shifter or brake lever when not on the wheel quite comfortably. My first intermediate trip (~100 mi one-way to Anaheim) is Saturday, and a long trip to the Bay Area is scheduled at the end of October, so I'll make final comfort judgements then.

3 & 4: Not had these issues. (knock on wood)

5: In my experience, the glare hasn't been horribly distracting. every car has a different glare pattern of some kind, it's always most obvious when you first encounter it. After awhile, your eyes will naturally adjust to compensate and you'll hardly notice it there.

6: Can't help you there. I went with the 300A trim mainly because I didn't need the chrome, bum warmers are pointless in San Diego, a perimeter alarm is 'meh' to me, and though keyless start is a cool idea and would be cool to have, it's not a dealbreaker. As far as the moonroof, it takes up too much roof space for me and my head would be hitting it constantly, and leather in a black-on-black car in San Diego also is not a wise idea.

So in short, don't sweat the small stuff, and try to find the Fiesta that's equipped the way you want it... you'll not regret it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks dirtyblueshirt
Yea I don't know much about the DCT yet but now I'm a mission!
I remember in my old mustang I had put in a heavy duty clutch
and pressure plate it would shudder from a dead stop
from the stiff springs. I'm hoping that is why it happens
in the fiesta. If that's the case I have no problem with it.
As far as it taking a while to figure out what gear its in
I'm hoping that they might make an upgrade for that.
I'm sure its gotta be better than my 01 vw golfs auto
transmission!
I'm gonna go test drive a few more tonight and this weekend.
Let me know how you make out on your trip. It feels like the fiesta
Is gonna be a nice car for road trips!
p.s. Think I may have found the one I'm looking for minus the
moonroof

·
Registered
406 Posts

and also rear shocks.

dirtyblueshirt seems to have hit the nail on the head on his response. I would add a couple of things:
2. Armrest- I have the Boomerang and the cup holder slides forward from under the armrest, leaving the top surface intact/unmoved for your elbow to sit on.

5. Glare- I only find it annoying at high noon, when it's difficult to read the Sync/audio screen. The flat surface directly in front of the screen reflects onto the screen. Maybe a small piece of black felt or similar would reduce this.

I don't know why, but the local dealers here (5 in Palm Beach County, FL) have about 40-50 Fiestas according to Ford's website. All but a few are SE or SES/SEL automatics.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts