Fiesta Faction banner

Why haven't you bought a Fiesta yet?

• I'm just looking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm still gathering information to make my decision.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I don't need a new car right now.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I can't afford a new car right now.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I never buy the first year of any car.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I'm waiting on a high-performance version.

Votes: 12 40.0%
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went out for another test drive

Went out for another test drive. The only prob I found with the DCT was maybe some surging when it was cold up to 30 mph. I started and stopped a few times from a dead stop really easy on the gas and then stepping on er pretty good about 8 times to check and it was smooth. As far as the problem with it trying to find the right gear. I couldn't find any problems with it this time. It shifts a lot but stays in the power band and reminds me of my 01 Honda CR 250 :D
Like Dirtyblueshirt said the no armrest wasn't that bad this time either. Guess Im just used to having one!
I did have a few more concerns though. Doing 80 mph down a cement hwy I did get a little bit of a rocking horse effect but not as bad as in the Honda fit. Also the sync is kinda bright even when dimmed down. I did see someone else who said the same and he had put some anti glare film on it at night. Kinda sux to have to do that but oh well.
After saying all that I still really like the way the car rides and handles. I also know for sure my vw gulf 2.0 or better nicknamed 2.slow is super slow cuz the fiesta feels a lot faster. Its almost as quiet and could even be more fun to drive. I'll know better when I can go for a test drive with out the dealer again hopefully tomorrow morning. They all seem to get scared when I take it into the clover leaf's. Also the dealer said he found one in transit not too far from my house that I already knew about it and had a price on. Which I just got a better price $300 off msrp vs $250 but then they have to drive it from that dealership to my dealership :eek: The dealer says oh old lady Ruth transports the cars and shes never been over 55 mph. Oh really Do you believe that? Cuz I don't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gave up on Ford. Ordered my Mazda2 - going to have it in about three weeks from overseas - quicker than if I ordered a Fiesta from Mexico.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Gave up on Ford. Ordered my Mazda2 - going to have it in about three weeks from overseas - quicker than if I ordered a Fiesta from Mexico.
I'm a Mazda owner (Mazda5), but after reading a comparison test in a car magazine, decided that the Fiesta was much more to my taste (more substantial-feeling, etc). The Fiesta seems to have the magical combination of attributes for me - superb fuel economy, refined ride & drive, great interior, sedan form factor, etc.

I'm just trying to work up the courage to announce to my partner that I'm looking to go even further "down market" (went from Land Rover in '06 to Mazda5, now looking to go even smaller & more "entry level" with the Fiesta).

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm just trying to work up the courage to announce to my partner that I'm looking to go even further "down market" (went from Land Rover in '06 to Mazda5, now looking to go even smaller & more "entry level" with the Fiesta).
I don't see why you would have to explain a smart economic choice to someone.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Eh, he thinks I trade vehicles too often...
If you aren't upside down in the cars then I wouldn't see a problem with that. If you are losing money on the trade in then I can see his point.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
For me, the main reason has been that I've been trying my hardest to complete my Focus 'project' before setting sights on a new car. But through a bunch of recent problem that have popped up with the Focus it looks like it might be time.

Strangely enough (to me at least) it was the wife that initiated the push for a new car. She's usually the one to be most frugal about new purchases and not jump headlong into one. I'd showed her some of the Fiesta's on the road and while we drove by dealers, but this past weekend I spotted a Blaze Yellow at a dealer and pulled in to check it out.

Wife loved the color, loved the look, loved the interior and got one of the salesmen to sign us both up for a test drive tomorrow. :eek:

We both realize that we aren't really going to get squat on a trade-in for the Focus (200k miles + modded + lingering electrical issue) but she's still pushing the issue.

The wife would have been the hard part in purchasing a new Fiesta... and if she's this gung-ho for it, who am I to complain? I think I need to have a long inner-monologue about parting out the Focus and trying to recoup some money for monthly payments.

2011 Blaze Yellow Metallic Tri-coat 5dr SES. 5-spd. Black leather interior with the white piping. Loaded with everything but a moonroof. And the dealer has it on the lot for a good bit less than Ford's MSRP according to the one listed on the Ford website.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
2011 Blaze Yellow Metallic Tri-coat 5dr SES. 5-spd. Black leather interior with the white piping. Loaded with everything but a moonroof. And the dealer has it on the lot for a good bit less than Ford's MSRP according to the one listed on the Ford website.
Check your price on Truecar.com for local price info :)

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Check your price on Truecar.com for local price info :)
SES, 300A, Powershift:

Average paid locally for mine: $18,747.

"Great" price: $18,239.

Dealer cost: $17,793.

I paid: $16,865.

Z plan: priceless.

·
Registered
175 Posts
SES, 300A, Powershift:

Average paid locally for mine: $18,747.

"Great" price: $18,239.

Dealer cost: $17,793.

I paid: $16,865.

Z plan: priceless.
Oh dear, you paid less for your SES than I did for my SE and I walked out after signing the contract thinking I got a steal of a deal:eek:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oh dear, you paid less for your SES than I did for my SE and I walked out after signing the contract thinking I got a steal of a deal:eek:
Z-Plan pricing is only available to Ford retirees and their eligible family members (not sure how far beyond immediate family that goes). Without it (or the A-Plan - for current employees), on a new model that's in short supply and doesn't have incentives, I suspect it's only possible to talk a dealer down that far if you have evidence linking him to a murder. ;)

I have no FoMoCo relatives or incriminating photographs, so I paid more, too. Still happy, though! :D

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Z Plan means a retired or ex-Ford employee (I think) so it's not much to compete with. Compare with Truecar.com and then think about it. :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Truecar isn't completely accurate. They have some of the option packages priced wrong on the SE hatch and I notified them twice. Both times they thanked me and promptly did nothing to fix it.

More importantly, I payed less than their lowest recorded price across the entire nation. I would have trouble believing I paid less than everyone else out there.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Z-Plan pricing is only available to Ford retirees and their eligible family members (not sure how far beyond immediate family that goes).
It's fairly broad:

• spouse
  • parents
  • spouse's parents
  • sons and daughters (including in- laws and step- children)
  • grandchildren
  • brothers and sisters (including in- laws, half and step)
  • same- sex domestic partners covered under the health care plan (same as it is defined for health care coverage in the "Salaried Employee Benefit Bulletin #152", dated June 8, 2000.)
  • Immediate family members of eligible same- sex domestic partners (same as it is defined above)

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's fairly broad:

• spouse
  • parents
  • spouse's parents
  • sons and daughters (including in- laws and step- children)
  • grandchildren
  • brothers and sisters (including in- laws, half and step)
  • same- sex domestic partners covered under the health care plan (same as it is defined for health care coverage in the "Salaried Employee Benefit Bulletin #152", dated June 8, 2000.)
  • Immediate family members of eligible same- sex domestic partners (same as it is defined above)
All that, and I'm STILL not eligible! Is the eligibility the same for A-Plan? Maybe Sam would be interested in adopting me next time I'm in the market for a car. My mom might feel slighted, though. ;)

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
All that, and I'm STILL not eligible! Is the eligibility the same for A-Plan? Maybe Sam would be interested in adopting me next time I'm in the market for a car. My mom might feel slighted, though. ;)
Yes, A & Z plans are identical, A for current and Z for retired Ford corporate employees

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Test drove last night with the wife. She still loves it. Although not having an actual key to insert anywhere is going to take a little getting used to, lol.

Waiting on our credit apps today to see what kind of monthly payments we might be looking at. That's the last piece of the puzzle. This all happened REALLY fast and I REALLY want to be excited, but I also don't want to disappoint myself.

on a side note; we started to smell something really funky about half-way through the test drive. I recognized the smell but couldn't place it right away. When I got a chance to see the odometer, which read '6', it hit me that it was the clutch. We were breaking in the clutch on a car that might be ours in the next few days. :eek:

for the hell-of-it, (and with fingers crossed):

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Gorgeous car - get it! :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
waiting till 12 when the salesman we have been talking to gets to work.... this is going to be the longest day EVARRRRRR

·
Registered
142 Posts
I hear you need money to buy a new car.

I must go find some of this...."money"

21 - 40 of 40 Posts