Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the euro-inspired fin-spoke design of the Focus SES 17" alloy wheels. I was hoping that I would be able to put them on my Fiesta, but I'm worried about fitment issues.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It will probably be more of a tire size issue than a wheel size issue. I'm putting 17" SVT Focus wheels on my Fiesta and did some checking here to see what tire size would work. I wish I could confirm fitment but I don't have the car yet.......

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, perhaps someone who has a Euro Fiesta can comment on whether they have tried to use Focus wheels?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
yep, been covered a few times. I ran Focus wheels on my EU Fiesta during the winter and test fitted my 17" wheels on the EU car as well. I am currently running the Axis wheels from my Focus on my Fiesta with a 215/40 ZR17 tire. The tire just clears at full lock. I test fitted a 215/45 ZR17 and the tire was just too large of a diameter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So 215/40 would be your recommendation? What about 205/45?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
The factory uses a 205/40 17 in Europe and that is what some of the agent cars ran last summer. I know that works with no issues. The 215/40 17 works on my car, but I don't have the same wheel offset as the Focus. Not sure about the 205/45. The car will perform better with a smaller diameter tire, but I needed pot hole protection and ended up going for a taller sidewall.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The factory uses a 205/40 17 in Europe and that is what some of the agent cars ran last summer. I know that works with no issues. The 215/40 17 works on my car, but I don't have the same wheel offset as the Focus. Not sure about the 205/45. The car will perform better with a smaller diameter tire, but I needed pot hole protection and ended up going for a taller sidewall.
That's why I asked about 205/45, since it's half an inch taller than the 215/40. Thanks, now I know that I can use these wheels I am happy :D

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
no problem. The Fiesta looks vastly better with a 17" wheel to fill the large wheel openings. The SVT EAP/SES Focus wheels are a great option for the Fiesta as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
those wheels are slightly different. I had the ones from the Tire Rack as a production wheel on my SVT EAP Focus. The SES Focus wheels are a different color, but they are close. At one time Ford Racing offered that wheel in white, black, gold, and EAP argent. A close friend of mine had a Sonic Blue SVT Focus with the Gold multispoke Ford Racing wheels. One of the best looking Focuses I had ever seen.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too many spokes for my taste. Looks a little busy. I think the ideal is 5 or 7 spokes.
Normally, I would agree with you on that, but I've had so many 5 spoke wheels in my life that tbh I'm getting bored with them. Also, after seeing these wheels in person on a focus SES I knew I had to have them.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
35 PSI, have not checked full lock at full bump or full droop. Checked full lock, both directions at static ride height. Depending on what combination of tire size, struts, and spring rate I was running on my ZX3, the tires would hit the fender lip mid corner. Going to a set of Koni's reduced the amount of roll and the interference went away. Since I doubt my Fiesta will see much track use, I should be fine on the street. A P205/40 ZR17 would be the safer option for tires.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
those wheels are slightly different. I had the ones from the Tire Rack as a production wheel on my SVT EAP Focus. The SES Focus wheels are a different color, but they are close. At one time Ford Racing offered that wheel in white, black, gold, and EAP argent. A close friend of mine had a Sonic Blue SVT Focus with the Gold multispoke Ford Racing wheels. One of the best looking Focuses I had ever seen.
True.

The SVT European Appearance Package (EAP) rims are different from the ones offered on the 2009 and later SES models. Aside from the colour, as mentioned, even the centre cap is different - according to a few people on FocalJet. What that means is that the "Ford" cap on the SES won't fit on the EAP rims.

They are great looking rims nonetheless. The pain comes in taking care of them (washing and waxing them). I'd make sure if you get either the EAP or SES rims to make sure your tires have some sort of rim guard on them, and make sure your tires are properly inflated to reduce the chances of bent rims.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh definitely! I was pretty shocked to find out that these rims only cost $120 shipped (per rim), that's rota cheap lol.

·
Registered
406 Posts
local Ford dealer for wheels?

The Tire Rack price for that wheel is $150/ea. plus shipping, but Ford Racing Parts lists them for $131 through a Ford Racing dealer. I haven't checked with my local distributor, but they might be a better price than Tire Rack. (as an aside, I've been buying wheels and tires from tirerack.com for years--they are a great company). Also, FRP has other Focus wheels available--I really like the '03 Focus SVT 6-spoke. I'm torn between these two.

http://www.fordracingparts.com

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Found them for $120 shipped on google shopping, not sure how reputable the website was though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts