Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my question was not asked in the chat. Does anyone know if there will be a 5 door S model in 2012?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
an S sedan parked next to my SES hatch. we compared notes :D it was weird like there were parts missing.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
an S sedan parked next to my SES hatch. we compared notes :D it was weird like there were parts missing.
Eew, I declined a test drive because it was an S. I doubt they'll do an S hatch, but maybe. There seem to be a high demand for the premium upgrades instead of the basic car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just like Jeremy Clarkson says
"Do you want that though really honestly a basic model because I'll bet thats also shi...."

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Everything I've been told by Ford representatives has been "no", in regards to an "S" hatch.

The reason being is two fold:

1. IMO, the "S" was specifically made to provide a model that would able to be advertised at the $13,XXX starting price, which looks good in advertising.

2. In consumer clinics, the participants actually said that the hatch looked more "upscale". Which is rare when both a hatch and sedan are presented to these type of groups.

·
Registered
893 Posts
If there is any inclation it is possible that there may be an ''S'' Model Fiesta based on the Asian ''S'' Performance model. Rather than have a Fiesta ST it would be the ''S''. And I would love to have it in this color.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Everything I've been told by Ford representatives has been "no", in regards to an "S" hatch.

The reason being is two fold:

1. IMO, the "S" was specifically made to provide a model that would able to be advertised at the $13,XXX starting price, which looks good in advertising.

2. In consumer clinics, the participants actually said that the hatch looked more "upscale". Which is rare when both a hatch and sedan are presented to these type of groups.
Also, an entry level hatch would cheapen the brand and bring back memories of some of the junk manufacturers used to try and sell us in the hatch format. Like, the Festiva, Chevette, Horizon and even worse, the Yugo.

I remember an automotive journalist, commenting on the Yugo's interior said, "The interior plastics used in the Yugo do indeed remind you that, petroleum based plastic does indeed come from decomposed dinosaurs."

Not his exact quote, but it was something like that.:D

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I hope the hatchback stays in the upper price range and gets an ST rather than a lower end S.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, an entry level hatch would cheapen the brand and bring back memories of some of the junk manufacturers used to try and sell us in the hatch format. Like, the Festiva, Chevette, Horizon and even worse, the Yugo.

I remember an automotive journalist, commenting on the Yugo's interior said, "The interior plastics used in the Yugo do indeed remind you that, petroleum based plastic does indeed come from decomposed dinosaurs."

Not his exact quote, but it was something like that.:D
You're going to compare those cars to the Fiesta S? :rolleyes:

Bottom line: People aren't made of money - and the economy is just going to get worse as peoples unemployment runs out and they can't find work or the continuing collapse of the housing market. I don't think asking for a Fiesta S 5 door is asking for a lot.

Don't get too cocky or Kia/Hyundai will provide something a cheaper alternative.

·
Banned
528 Posts
If you don't have a job....

Bottom line: People aren't made of money - and the economy is just going to get worse as peoples unemployment runs out and they can't find work or the continuing collapse of the housing market. I don't think asking for a Fiesta S 5 door is asking for a lot.

Don't get too cocky or Kia/Hyundai will provide something a cheaper alternative.
If you don't have a job, and are on section 8, then I don't think you can afford a Yugo, much less a Fiesta.

Ford introducing an "S" model in the hatch would be counterproductive anyway.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If there is any inclation it is possible that there may be an ''S'' Model Fiesta based on the Asian ''S'' Performance model. Rather than have a Fiesta ST it would be the ''S''. And I would love to have it in this color.

This is the color we originally wanted, which Ford decided to drop (after, no doubt, listening carefully to some dim-witted "Focus Group") for the '11 model year in North America. The least they could have done was to make it an optional finish, imo, and even as an extra-cost paint I think it would have sold very well indeed.

Harry :mad:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Does not seem likely that Ford will over a Fiesta S hatchback.

The base model Mazda 2 may be the closest substitute for such a thing.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

You missed my point. Ford is trying to market the Fiesta as an upscale B segment car. Introducing a stripped down S hatch runs counter to that. I don't think they should have even made the S sedan. Kia and Hyundai already offer something cheaper than the Fiesta - the Rio and Accent. The Fiesta doesn't directly compete with them and that's the way it should be.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
It's the economy stupid!

I would be surprised if Ford doesn't pony up with such a model next year simply because the customer demands it...especially in this catagory where young peoples budgets are very tight.

I have seen many people here and on other car forums asking about an S model...heck the Fiesta platform is what makes the car so darn good. Not all the gadgets and fluff optioned on the SE and SEL!

Does having sync make the car handle better? No. Does having a fancier stereo make the car safer or more solid, absolutely not.

THE PLATFORM IS WHAT MAKES THE FIESTA GREAT, NOT THE OPTIONS.

I'll gladly take an S hatchback, and this would be the tipping point for me to purchase...

·
Registered
893 Posts
This is the color we originally wanted, which Ford decided to drop (after, no doubt, listening carefully to some dim-witted "Focus Group") for the '11 model year in North America. The least they could have done was to make it an optional finish, imo, and even as an extra-cost paint I think it would have sold very well indeed.

Harry :mad:
I can't quite remember it but its an orange but also the S comes in ''Chili Red'' which I also like. I would like to see more color options open up. Though most likely about the closest I will get to Chili Red is the Candy Red.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Actually I would have much preferred the Vision Blue color but I don't think Ford even considered offering it in North America.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Go buy a Mazda 2.
No, I like the overall package better than the 2.

The customer wants a Fiesta S hatchback....I'll bet my bottom dollar that in the next couple of years we'll see it on dealership lots.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Go buy a Mazda 2.
As far as I know Mazda engineered the platform that both it and the Fiesta ride on. I wouldn't be surprised if during the deal of sharing platforms it was asked that Ford didn't make a 'S' level hatch to compete with the 2. It would absolutely slaughter it.

If the Mazda 2 came with the 2.0 liter motor out of the base Mazda 3 I wouldn't even be typing this, I'd be in the Mazda 2.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
As far as I know Mazda engineered the platform that both it and the Fiesta ride on. I wouldn't be surprised if during the deal of sharing platforms it was asked that Ford didn't make a 'S' level hatch to compete with the 2. It would absolutely slaughter it.

If the Mazda 2 came with the 2.0 liter motor out of the base Mazda 3 I wouldn't even be typing this, I'd be in the Mazda 2.

That would likely be the Mazda 2 S if we ever see it, and you know they will option the heck out of it so it will be pricey!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts